PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone else see the Twitter spat with Leo Lewis and J. Banks yesterday?

Jarius
09-25-2016, 08:12 AM
Pretty sure it has been deleted, but Banks was calling out our team and Leo fired back at him.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
09-25-2016, 08:20 AM
Yep thought that was a little bit ODD! Twitter War!

starkvegasdawg
09-25-2016, 08:26 AM
Bryant and now Lewis. Looks like criticism is not well tolerated on this team.

basedog
09-25-2016, 08:37 AM
Good for Lewis and Bryant.

Jarius
09-25-2016, 08:44 AM
This team desperately needs a Banks type personality from a star player. We don't have that guy to kick their ass into gear when they need it.

mic
09-25-2016, 08:44 AM
Maybe our guys need to show that same fire and passion on the field that they do on social media and Twitter

BeastMan
09-25-2016, 08:48 AM
Good for Lewis and Bryant.

So a Thorpe award winner calls them out because he doesn't see them playing hard & you side with the current players? Our damn fans I tell ya.

BeastMan
09-25-2016, 08:49 AM
Maybe our guys need to show that same fire and passion on the field that they do on social media and Twitter

This. Being that Banks has gone through the program and knows what he's watching more than any of us, I'm with him.

DownwardDawg
09-25-2016, 08:52 AM
So a Thorpe award winner calls them out because he doesn't see them playing hard & you side with the current players? Our damn fans I tell ya.

Generation snowflake. We expect too much from them. It hurts.

basedog
09-25-2016, 08:53 AM

Hell yes I'm for the current players! I suppose you be happy if they said we suck, Lewis and Bryant are young players and for them saying and taking up for the team is LEADERSHIP!

Our fans, Please!

BeastMan
09-25-2016, 08:57 AM
Hell yes I'm for the current players! I suppose you be happy if they said we suck, Lewis and Bryant are young players and for them saying and taking up for the team is LEADERSHIP!

Our fans, Please!

I'm "for" the current players in the sense that I'll root for them every week. That said, this defense gave up 35 points to the worst offense in CFB. Banks earned his right to critique MSU football and players firing back at him haven't earned anything yet.

boarmassage
09-25-2016, 08:58 AM
All Banks said was that he was done with this when we were down down at one of the points in the game. He didn't mention anyone or anything about the team. Lewis then called him out well after the game was over. This team can't take a joke about beards, I'm not sure why would anyone think they can take real criticism.

aromatherapy
09-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Banks was (is) overrated.

starkvegasdawg
09-25-2016, 09:35 AM

I have to wonder what kind of aromas are in your therapy.

msstate7
09-25-2016, 09:35 AM
All Banks said was that he was done with this when we were down down at one of the points in the game. He didn't mention anyone or anything about the team. Lewis then called him out well after the game was over. This team can't take a joke about beards, I'm not sure why would anyone think they can take real criticism.

So banks said he was done with our team? Not a good look imo... tell your friends, family, or whoever is around you. Don't tell the world on twitter you're done with your team

mic
09-25-2016, 09:47 AM
So banks said he was done with our team? Not a good look imo... tell your friends, family, or whoever is around you. Don't tell the world on twitter you're done with your team

JB is one of the EX players that is always around the team when he is back home. He was at BDC.
If an ex player needs to light a fire under some ass so be it..

JohnnyQuid
09-25-2016, 09:49 AM

talking shit about former players who are successful and stay close to the program is a great look.

he was frustrated as I'm sure we all were and prolly woudnt tweet that out if he could do it over again.

our current players need to focus on what's going on around them not get butthurt over twitter bullshit

mic
09-25-2016, 09:53 AM

Read more post less.. Actually read more post never.. Keep that post number in single digits..

HSVDawg
09-25-2016, 09:58 AM
Bryant and now Lewis. Looks like criticism is not well tolerated on this team.

Those situations were a bit different. Bryant's spat was with a random fan who was showing his ass. Leo's was with a former player who was probably top 5 at his position in school history. Personally, I can side with Bryant a lot more than I can with Leo.

Bully13
09-25-2016, 09:58 AM
how many "I'm done" posts can we find in the game day thread? whether you are a freshman or Senior, you have no right to talk ANY shit after that shit show. I'm glad Banks is a fan and spends time at Vegas. he gives a shit is why he said what he said.

boarmassage
09-25-2016, 10:00 AM

I absolutely could be wrong, but I took it as he was done watching the game. Not necessarily done with the team.

msstate7
09-25-2016, 10:02 AM
I absolutely could be wrong, but I took it as he was done watching the game. Not necessarily done with the team.

Hope so... I didn't read tweet

JohnnyQuid
09-25-2016, 10:09 AM

of course.

mstatefan91
09-25-2016, 10:19 AM
Looks like Banks ended it:

@JBanks_27:
@TheLeoLewis1_ worry bout winning games not my Twitter that's my school i take pride in that shit y'all should play with more pride

DownwardDawg
09-25-2016, 10:22 AM

@JBanks_27:
@TheLeoLewis1_ worry bout winning games not my Twitter that's my school i take pride in that shit y'all should play with more pride

Awesome!!!!

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2016, 10:29 AM

@JBanks_27:

Outstanding.....

I agree with Banks. We have a very immature team & that's a sign of poor leadership

fader2103
09-25-2016, 10:47 AM

Our fans, Please!

Taking to twitter to talk about how they are tough is not leadership.

gravedigger
09-25-2016, 10:53 AM
Banks was a 2 star that made the nfl. You are either poor in the use of sarcasm or are the most ignorant poster in recorded history

scottycameron
09-25-2016, 10:57 AM
Geez, nice look. Gay version of a cripple fight. Just make this all stop. I hate off weeks.

JohnnyQuid
09-25-2016, 11:06 AM

@JBanks_27:

I love that attitude. and yea that pretty much ends it. that's some harsh truth

EliteDawgEnforcer
09-25-2016, 11:18 AM

Well I have confirmed you at least went to MSU.
Your opinion, including that of yourself, is overrated.

basedog
09-25-2016, 11:18 AM
Taking to twitter to talk about how they are tough is not leadership.

Taking up for your teammates is. I didn't say anything negative to what Banks said, I said "good for Lewis and Bryant", freshman and sophomore.

I seen it dawg
09-25-2016, 11:45 AM
Team needs to toughen up. Stop twittering anger and start showing your anger on the field. Spatting on Twitter isn't tough. Especially from one of the best players to ever wear our uniform. Not one current player has earned the right to pop off about any ****ing thing. Do something then pop off. Until then keep your ****ing Twitter shut.

I seen it dawg
09-25-2016, 11:45 AM

Well I'm taking care of that ****stick

LC Dawg
09-25-2016, 12:11 PM
I personally don't think it was a good look from either of them. I wish stuff like this was handled privately. Maybe it was and Banks didn't think they listened so he made it public. I think it would be a good idea for Mullen to get these guys together and let them talk. It may be good for Leo and help him develop some leadership. We desperately need some.

GreenheadDawg
09-25-2016, 12:14 PM
I love that attitude. and yea that pretty much ends it. that's some harsh truth

Totally agree. Sometimes the truth hurts

msbulldog
09-25-2016, 12:35 PM

Testify!

msbulldog
09-25-2016, 12:37 PM
Team needs to toughen up. Stop twittering anger and start showing your anger on the field. Spatting on Twitter isn't tough. Especially from one of the best players to ever wear our uniform. Not one current player has earned the right to pop off about any ****ing thing. Do something then pop off. Until then keep your ****ing Twitter shut.

Agree! rep given.

ElitedawgRecruiting
09-25-2016, 01:18 PM
I see both sides of this.

Maybe younger kids would be tougher and less sensitive if you had to earn something instead of getting a trophy and a juice box and Krispy treat just cause little jimmy showed up. It used to piss me off that others for a trophy. Not cause I didn't get one out of sympathy. But because I didn't think we worked hard enough to EARN IT.

Then on the other hand the generation younger then me thinks it's just "being real" as long as the say tbh. Folks my age tend to think your just being an asshole. Lol.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-25-2016, 01:36 PM
Bryant could learn a thing or 2 from Banks about making plays at safety.....as a true freshman.

whosyourdawgy
09-25-2016, 04:05 PM
Jamal Peters is pretty thinned skinned as well. When he got that late hit out of bounds that could've hurt us late I sent him a tweet. Maybe I shouldn't have but I got blocked for this.....

@JamalPeters21 when you check your phone. That was STUPID! U better than that

And I absolutely love Jamal. Wish he played more than he does.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Jamal Peters is pretty thinned skinned as well. When he got that late hit out of bounds that could've hurt us late I sent him a tweet. Maybe I shouldn't have but I got blocked for this.....

As Herm Edwards said: "Don't press send!"

mic
09-25-2016, 04:30 PM

How old are you???
Take the same advice I give posters on here towards ur Twitter
Read more tweet less...

preachermatt83
09-25-2016, 04:34 PM

Don't tweet negatively to players. Coaches are fine but not our players.

whosyourdawgy
09-25-2016, 04:35 PM
How old are you???
Take the same advice I give posters on here towards ur Twitter
Read more tweet less...

Dude I've been here longer than you **** off and I don't care what my time stamp says

whosyourdawgy
09-25-2016, 04:37 PM
Don't tweet negatively to players. Coaches are fine but not our players.

As I said. I shouldn't have but I did at the moment. Still it wasn't that terrible a tweet. It was dumb and he is better than that But I digress.

mic
09-25-2016, 04:38 PM
Dude I've been here longer than you **** off

He should have blocked ur ass... Good for Jamal..

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-25-2016, 05:35 PM
Grown men tweeting insults at players...sheesh. If you get to that point you are taking it way too seriously.

I seen it dawg
09-25-2016, 07:37 PM
Dude I've been here longer than you **** off and I don't care what my time stamp says

Nobody gives a shit how long you've been here, who the **** you think you are anyway. Don't be ****ing stupid on Twitter to college players. Then double down here.

And I've been here longer than you.

Jack Lambert
09-25-2016, 07:49 PM
How good was our secondary in 2012? Seems like I remember it getting torched. Could be wrong.