PDA

View Full Version : Look at who we lost from last year. Let's have a bit of reality.

Coach007
09-24-2016, 07:01 PM
Dak Prescott. Broke records and was our leader

Bear Wilson....

Redmond

F Brown

Cleveland

Jackson

C Jones

Morrow

Walley

Calhoun

Market

Ben Brown

Ry Brown

Warren

Robinson

Hutcherson

That's a lot of production and leadership GONE... some early. We lost both starting CBs(listed). That's a larger loss to expect to make up when you are not pulling in top % classes.

We will go bowling and this team will compete over the next 2 seasons for the SEC. The leadership will step up. Fitz did a great job of doing that today, and the fire is building in this team.

dawgday166
09-24-2016, 07:03 PM
Ok ... that team wen 8 - 4. Who's gonna replace them next year?

EdDawg
09-24-2016, 07:06 PM
So you're saying that the loss to USA wasn't a fluke, that we are that inexperienced?

EdDawg
09-24-2016, 07:08 PM
Teams lose leadership and experience every year, yes some years more than others. However that is the coach's job to see that ahead of time and get younger guys playing time.

Also I would say maybe 7 of the ones you listed were actually productive players.

ScoobaDawg
09-24-2016, 07:10 PM
This year is one the coaches. If you can't see that we will just have to disagree and let the season play out and see what keenum or the AD wants to do.

dawgday166
09-24-2016, 07:11 PM
There's a LOT of thing that should be anticipated better that aren't. Especially when it comes to recruiting. Dan's too busy perfecting his defense.

GreenheadDawg
09-24-2016, 07:15 PM
Dak Prescott. Broke records and was our leader

Bear Wilson....

Redmond

F Brown

Cleveland

Jackson

C Jones

Morrow

Walley

Calhoun

Market

Ben Brown

Ry Brown

Warren

Robinson

Hutcherson

That's a lot of production and leadership GONE... some early. We lost both starting CBs(listed). That's a larger loss to expect to make up when you are not pulling in top % classes.

We will go bowling and this team will compete over the next 2 seasons for the SEC. The leadership will step up. Fitz did a great job of doing that today, and the fire is building in this team.

Compete for the SEC?! Holy shit. You must have some bomb ass weed

dawgday166
09-24-2016, 07:18 PM

I'm thinking more either meth, crack, or cocaine. Weed ain't strong enough *********

Dawgface
09-24-2016, 07:21 PM
Ok ... that team wen 8 - 4. Who's gonna replace them next year?

Plus they will have to be better than those guys as the 8-4 team didn't compete for the SEC. We will be struggling to get to 6-6 and a bowl the next 2 years.

GreenheadDawg
09-24-2016, 07:21 PM
I'm thinking more either meth, crack, or cocaine. Weed ain't strong enough *********

I really think he's just the greatest troll of all time.

TrapGame
09-24-2016, 07:22 PM

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/05/really-animated-reaction-gif.gif?gs=a

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 07:22 PM
Did this guy really just say that we are missing Warren and Damien Robinson? Lol.

Goldendawg
09-24-2016, 07:24 PM
It's not who we lost that bothers me as much as how little we have to replace them and coach them in year 8 of this program.

dawgday166
09-24-2016, 07:25 PM
Not only that ... but he thinks we're gonna compete with Bama too.

Goldendawg
09-24-2016, 07:26 PM
Yeah, we've really been missing Jackson also. Isn't he the one that quit on Senior night week because we finally started J T Gray instead of him?

Coach007
09-24-2016, 07:27 PM

Yeah, I was told that when people here wanted Mullen gone the year before Dak exploded. So, I will be here at the end of next season, and we can reHASH this.

Goldendawg
09-24-2016, 07:28 PM
Some people see a barn full of horse crap and immediately start digging for a shetland pony. No pony in our barn this year or next.

IMissJack
09-24-2016, 07:29 PM
Isn't a coach's job to have good players coming in to replace players you lose? May never find another Dak, but I don't know many others that we shouldn't have workable replacement options for, but we don't.

oldwave
09-24-2016, 07:30 PM
This year is one the coaches. If you can't see that we will just have to disagree and let the season play out and see what keenum or the AD wants to do.

I respectfully disagree. I saw absolutely no effort by many, many players. They were walking around and not just between plays but during. I understand that could fall on coach to "not have them ready to play"................but damn, if you cant motivate yourself to at least play hard and give effort you don't deserve a scholarship

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 07:33 PM
Yeah, we've really been missing Jackson also. Isn't he the one that quit on Senior night week because we finally started J T Gray instead of him?

There is a fine example of senior leadership.

Coach007
09-24-2016, 07:35 PM
It's not who we lost that bothers me as much as how little we have to replace them and coach them in year 8 of this program.

Look on that list and see who left early. Did you think Bear when recruited would leave early? Brown? Did you think the Fred Brown would be gone now? There is just some common sense in this that we have to use.

Todd4State
Yeah, I was told that when people here wanted Mullen gone the year before Dak exploded. So, I will be here at the end of next season, and we can reHASH this.

I love fans like this. Dan started to turn things around when he started playing Dak and Josh more like the critics wanted but we were wrong the whole time.

GreenheadDawg

I'll see your rehash and up you a bet. $1,000 if we compete for SEC. What do you say?

Goldendawg
09-24-2016, 07:36 PM
Not trying to steal this thread, but who are the captains on this team and is it by the week, for the year or what?

Coach007
09-24-2016, 07:37 PM
Isn't a coach's job to have good players coming in to replace players you lose? May never find another Dak, but I don't know many others that we shouldn't have workable replacement options for, but we don't.

We do. Just need some time to settle.

Goldendawg
09-24-2016, 07:39 PM
As a Baptist I know it's wrong to gamble (unless it's just slots as my 79 year Mother says and you're only really paying to entertain youself!), but I will also bet ten whole dollars (but not from tomorrow's tithe!), that we don't compete for the West next yr much less the SEC title.

SheltonChoked
09-24-2016, 07:41 PM
If we fire Mullen after this year we better hope Ed O is pissed enough at ole miss to coach us. Cause we will be getting Wyomings ol coach. No one will take the job.

Coach007
09-24-2016, 07:43 PM
If we fire Mullen after this year we better hope Ed O is pissed enough at ole miss to coach us. Cause we will be getting Wyomings ol coach. No one will take the job.

Truth is nobody but a few fans are spouting that. Nobody is firing Dan after the last 2 seasons.... Not happening

GreenheadDawg
09-24-2016, 07:45 PM
Truth is nobody but a few fans are spouting that. Nobody is firing Dan after the last 2 seasons.... Not happening

Are you ignoring me? $1,000?

Goldendawg
09-24-2016, 07:45 PM
So what are we supposed to do, feel sorry for Dan because it looks like he has lost his fire for a $4 million plus job that requires that tough ole recruiting thing and so many of his closest friends depend on him for their jobs? We are indeed between a rock and a hard place.

dawgday166
09-24-2016, 07:52 PM

Well coach ... you may have 1 thing in your favor (or maybe 3). Auburn & LSU may have new head coaches. OM gets hammered and Freeze gets show cause (or some key members of his staff do). May can compete with the other 2 of Arky & TAM. But we ain't competing with Bama unless Saban retires.

BB30
09-24-2016, 08:00 PM
It all lies somewhere in the middle.... Things are usually not as bad or as good as some see it. But it is getting awful hard to continue making that argument. I am going to hold my judgment on mullen until the end of the season but it is not looking too pretty right now. Good news is he will either nut up and coach himself out of the negativity that is swirling around him or he will lay down and everyone calling for dans head will get what they want. We will all have an answer in a couple more months.

Statecoachingblows**
09-24-2016, 08:06 PM
What did you coach? Just curious.

RougeDawg
09-24-2016, 08:07 PM

Tell me you left out these **. No extension and only 2 years on contract does not exactly scream that people aren't preparing to cut bait with Dan. We are lessening the blow and this has been building for a few years. Dan hasn't made the coaching changes and other changes he was "recommended" by his bosses. Then he thumbed their noses for two straight off seasons. Not sure where you are getting that only a few aren't happy with him. The most important decision makers aren't happy with him and that's what you should pay attention to. Plus a good bit of the big time cigar boys have had enough and are willing to pony up at seasons end of we don't win 6. Plus there will be question on an extension if we can get to six wins. 8 wins will be needed for a guaranteed extension after his shenanigans last off season.

ScoobaDawg
09-24-2016, 08:09 PM
I respectfully disagree. I saw absolutely no effort by many, many players. They were walking around and not just between plays but during. I understand that could fall on coach to "not have them ready to play"................but damn, if you cant motivate yourself to at least play hard and give effort you don't deserve a scholarship

You just made my point... if the players aren't ready that is on the coaches. Did the coaches jump on them and chew ass and have fire and brimestone in their eyes when we were playing like shit? Nope. just another day at the office.

Bass Chaser
09-24-2016, 08:10 PM
Talent > Experience

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2016, 08:12 PM
Talent > Experience

Yes. And coaching.

Goldendawg
09-24-2016, 08:13 PM
My late Superdawg Father used to say when we played William and Mary U., that if both of them showed up we were so bad we might not be able to beat them. The USA and UMass games remind me of those days.

Coach007
09-24-2016, 08:54 PM
So what are we supposed to do, feel sorry for Dan because it looks like he has lost his fire for a $4 million plus job that requires that tough ole recruiting thing and so many of his closest friends depend on him for their jobs? We are indeed between a rock and a hard place.

LOL!! Ok.....

Who has even remotely stated that we should feel sorry for Mullen. WOW!

Coach007
09-24-2016, 09:04 PM
Tell me you left out these **. No extension and only 2 years on contract does not exactly scream that people aren't preparing to cut bait with Dan. We are lessening the blow and this has been building for a few years. Dan hasn't made the coaching changes and other changes he was "recommended" by his bosses. Then he thumbed their noses for two straight off seasons. Not sure where you are getting that only a few aren't happy with him. The most important decision makers aren't happy with him and that's what you should pay attention to. Plus a good bit of the big time cigar boys have had enough and are willing to pony up at seasons end of we don't win 6. Plus there will be question on an extension if we can get to six wins. 8 wins will be needed for a guaranteed extension after his shenanigans last off season.

No... Simply just no. There are no cigar boys having a meeting of the minds demanding Mullen be fired. Nobody in the AD is secretly saying that. Here is what is happening. Mullen took a MSU program to number #1 on the backs of an average recruiting class in the high 30s. He coach a QB who was not really recruited by anybody and made him into an NFL starter (in his rookie year). The guy set records. He took a team that didn't have decent receivers and last year our guy lead the SEC and Ross will go pro.

That same coach just took a Sophomore QB and BROKE another record in his first start.

Mullen isn't on the chopping block. Nobody is pissed. Most everybody expected a down season. Now, if this year we don't go bowling and then FLOP next year, Mullen will be on the hot seat. But nobody is even thinking in those terms. Not anybody that matters that is.

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 09:10 PM

If Scott leaves that won't be in Dan's favor either.

GreenheadDawg
09-24-2016, 09:11 PM
No... Simply just no. There are no cigar boys having a meeting of the minds demanding Mullen be fired. Nobody in the AD is secretly saying that. Here is what is happening. Mullen took a MSU program to number #1 on the backs of an average recruiting class in the high 30s. He coach a QB who was not really recruited by anybody and made him into an NFL starter (in his rookie year). The guy set records. He took a team that didn't have decent receivers and last year our guy lead the SEC and Ross will go pro.

That same coach just took a Sophomore QB and BROKE another record in his first start.

Mullen isn't on the chopping block. Nobody is pissed. Most everybody expected a down season. Now, if this year we don't go bowling and then FLOP next year, Mullen will be on the hot seat. But nobody is even thinking in those terms. Not anybody that matters that is.

You literally have no idea what you are talking. Absolutely none. My 3 year old might as well be in here teaching me physics. I KNOW for 100% fact that you are wrong. It's funny you like to run your mouth but when it becomes real life and I challenge you to a bet....... Crickets.

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 09:13 PM

The main reason he didn't get fired was because Dak won 8 games last year and we aren't firing a coach for that despite the fact we underachieved. But there is a reason why we won 8 and didn't extend the coach's contract either. So SOMEONE higher up isn't real happy with Dan right now as I can't imagine that person is thrilled with losing to South Alabama and really only playing up to our potential for one half against a South Carolina team that is struggling against Kentucky. It's either Keenum, Scott, or the cigar boys or a combination of that group.

TrapGame
09-24-2016, 09:17 PM

I spoke to a well connected booster last week. You're clueless.

Coach007
09-24-2016, 09:22 PM
The main reason he didn't get fired was because Dak won 8 games last year and we aren't firing a coach for that despite the fact we underachieved. But there is a reason why we won 8 and didn't extend the coach's contract either. So SOMEONE higher up isn't real happy with Dan right now as I can't imagine that person is thrilled with losing to South Alabama and really only playing up to our potential for one half against a South Carolina team that is struggling against Kentucky. It's either Keenum, Scott, or the cigar boys or a combination of that group.

So not extending a contract equals not being real happy? No. It means we just extended his contract and the season did not deserve a contract extension. That does not equal his job being on the line.

msugolf
09-24-2016, 09:22 PM

Guys, this Coach dude is a troll. Don't let him fool ya. He's been spouting off the wall crap since he came on here. It was pretty evident early on what his motives were.

Coach007
09-24-2016, 09:23 PM

Ok... sure I am. I have no idea... none.... clueless. etc etc.

GreenheadDawg
09-24-2016, 09:26 PM
Guys, this Coach dude is a troll. Don't let him fool ya. He's been spouting off the wall crap since he came on here. It was pretty evident early on what his motives were.

Yep. That's why he keeps ignoring my bet. Everybody just ignore him and he will go away

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 09:31 PM
So not extending a contract equals not being real happy? No. It means we just extended his contract and the season did not deserve a contract extension. That does not equal his job being on the line.

Yes it does in this case. You cut off a year to lower the buy out and to also send a message to the coach that he better make some tangible changes if he wants to stay here.

We have extended Dan EVERY other year until last year if I am not mistaken.

Coach007
09-24-2016, 09:31 PM
Yep. That's why he keeps ignoring my bet. Everybody just ignore him and he will go away

First, I believe I have been here longer than you. Second... LMAO at your "bet". Is that your way of trying to demean me? LOL!

GreenheadDawg
09-24-2016, 09:35 PM
First, I believe I have been here longer than you. Second... LMAO at your "bet". Is that your way of trying to demean me? LOL!

Then take the bet big guy! You run your mouth a lot but don't back it up. It's simple, either take the bet or don't. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I have more posts so I win. I win because I win

Bucky Dog
09-24-2016, 09:35 PM

Coach,the sooner people accept this the better. People say they hear the cigar boys are doing this and that and AD is not happy. It's all lies. You are right about Mullen and people need to understand this. Quit bitching and trying to prove your right and stay behind Dan and the program. Yeah I'm not happy with some play calling and Hevesy and such, but damn people!

People say he was only good because of Dak. Have you ever thought that Dak Is only good because of Mullen?! He develops talent. Yes he needs to recruit better but we have 2 of the top 10 recruiters in the nation on our staff in their first year!! Shit people chill and let's let them recharge and get after it. Someone mentioned in another thread how we all want Whittngham and he was 5-7 two straight years recently!!

Coach007
09-24-2016, 09:36 PM
Yes it does in this case. You cut off a year to lower the buy out and to also send a message to the coach that he better make some tangible changes if he wants to stay here.

We have extended Dan EVERY other year until last year if I am not mistaken.

That's business. Business is also living in reality. The reality is that if the few fans that are upset with Mullen (and it's the same fans that always find something) got their way, MSU would never hire a decent coach. Nobody would decide to come here behind Mullen after being let go the year after Dak. It's not happening.

Bucky Dog
09-24-2016, 09:36 PM
Then take the bet big guy! You run your mouth a lot but don't back it up. It's simple, either take the bet or don't. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your dick is much bigger than his!

GreenheadDawg
09-24-2016, 09:41 PM
Your dick is much bigger than his!

His wife already confirmed that

Coach007
09-24-2016, 09:42 PM
Coach,the sooner people accept this the better. People say they hear the cigar boys are doing this and that and AD is not happy. It's all lies. You are right about Mullen and people need to understand this. Quit bitching and trying to prove your right and stay behind Dan and the program. Yeah I'm not happy with some play calling and Hevesy and such, but damn people!

People say he was only good because of Dak. Have you ever thought that Dak Is only good because of Mullen?! He develops talent. Yes he needs to recruit better but we have 2 of the top 10 recruiters in the nation on our staff in their first year!! Shit people chill and let's let them recharge and get after it. Someone mentioned in another thread how we all want Whittngham and he was 5-7 two straight years recently!!

Right. It's not what they want to hear. "Misery loves company". Like I said, If Mullen drops below expectation this year then eyes will be on him next year. He's safe this year, and will be the coach in 2017. That's not a pass. That's not a free ride forever. MSU doesn't have that mentality anymore.

RougeDawg
09-24-2016, 10:27 PM
If Scott leaves that won't be in Dan's favor either.

Scott has been Dan's security blanket but even Scott realizes now he either finds somewhere to go or he and Dan will be on the same crop duster leaving The Golden Triangle Regional airstrip. That's why I may have a heart attack if Stick actually stays, knowing what happened and was said this off season.

ScoobaDawg
09-24-2016, 10:43 PM

This is just ignorant. Dan has proven you can win at MSU. even if we fire him, being in the SEC west and being paid over 3mil a year will attract attention. We are not Lil LT MSU anymore.
You would of said the same for firing Croom a year after 2007.

ScoobaDawg
09-24-2016, 10:56 PM

EXACTLY. Dan knows we will have to fire him. and he doesn't want to change or be here anymore and couldn't land anywhere else last winter because he isn't that highly thought of it to the bigger teams.

ScoobaDawg
09-24-2016, 10:59 PM

I'm gonna strongly disagree and say your sources aren't that good about what might be happening behind closed doors and who might be pissed off about how Mullen has handled the last year... Let him lose the egg and not go bowling and we will see what happens if that occurs.

ScoobaDawg
09-24-2016, 11:00 PM

Mullen sure thought he deserved a raise and extension...

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 11:02 PM
That's business. Business is also living in reality. The reality is that if the few fans that are upset with Mullen (and it's the same fans that always find something) got their way, MSU would never hire a decent coach. Nobody would decide to come here behind Mullen after being let go the year after Dak. It's not happening.

So you're telling me that the "reality" is all of the pissed off MSU fans are only on the Internet and all the pro-Dan people aren't? Seems likely.**

I guarantee you that we will replace Dan with someone better than Wyoming's offensive line coach. Especially for what we pay and for how patient we are.

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 11:05 PM
Scott has been Dan's security blanket but even Scott realizes now he either finds somewhere to go or he and Dan will be on the same crop duster leaving The Golden Triangle Regional airstrip. That's why I may have a heart attack if Stick actually stays, knowing what happened and was said this off season.

Scott?s a smart guy. He won?t sacrifice his job to save Dan Mullen- not that it would work anyway as you know because if that were the case both of them would be gone.

Ask Rick Ray.