PDA

View Full Version : Bottom line....

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2016, 06:17 PM
I don't like any more than y'all do but we need to forget about style points this year. A win is a win. I don't think it's likely, but we still have a path to six wins. I said before the season started that this year I would be happy with that. I'd be REALLY happy now. On to the next one.

DownwardDawg
09-24-2016, 06:20 PM
I expected 7-8 wins. I would be thrilled and shocked at 6 wins now.

gtowndawg
09-24-2016, 06:24 PM
I will eat crow if I need to, but I have no idea how this team beats 4 more teams. Our defense is attroucious.

Bully13
09-24-2016, 06:26 PM
I don't like any more than y'all do but we need to forget about style points this year. A win is a win. I don't think it's likely, but we still have a path to six wins. I said before the season started that this year I would be happy with that. I'd be REALLY happy now. On to the next one.

I'm concerned about the style points when it's Umass. There was a lot not to like out there today.

Goldendawg
09-24-2016, 06:31 PM
How do you really expect a good D when Dan runs off D coaches every year and keeps his buds on O? Think how many DC's and position Coaches these player have been through the last four years. They probably have trouble learning the coaches names much less the plays.

WPDawg
09-24-2016, 06:31 PM
It's a building year people. We have a secondary that is learning to play at college level by fire due to earlier injuries. If we had defended the pass better this year, we win game 1, have a better shot at LSU and win going away today.

Fitz looks good. Shumpert and Williams looked better today in hitting holes. We have a lot of young guys with talent that have to learn to play at a higher level 100% of the time and with an attitude. That's the simplicity of it. We saw some attitude today with some PFs that may have been foolish but it shows they are showing some meanness that football requires.

Saltydog
09-24-2016, 06:33 PM
We might win 2 more but only if we can win at UK.....

civildawg
09-24-2016, 06:33 PM
Sunshine pumpers gonna pump. It's absolutely embarrassing that they scored 30 something points. EMBARRASSING

Goldendawg
09-24-2016, 06:34 PM
Personal fouls are a sign of a lack of discipline, not a meanness that always brings improvement. JMHO.

state66
09-24-2016, 06:35 PM
Fitzgerald down field accuracy bugs me more than the defense.

ScoobaDawg
09-24-2016, 06:35 PM
and what other 4 games are we gonna win when we give up 35 to one of the worst teams in america...

Maroonthirteen
09-24-2016, 06:45 PM
Offensively, the bottom line is Mullen isn't bringing back the "Relf offense". Our OL is very slow. Our QB is learning.

Defensively, we are talented along the DL and it ends there. We don't have a stud LB. The secondary is learning.

Only for sure win is Samford. Maybes.....UK and BYU. Doable but we will be the underdog... AU and Ark. The rest of the games we are out matched.

Goldendawg
09-24-2016, 06:51 PM
Man, I really feel like a maroon glasses wearing Dawg. I fell for how strong our LB corps was this year that UNM could have Willie Gay, our 4 future QB's could all be better that Dak, we were loaded at DL so deep we would never have to even blitz, our safety play would be improved, and most of all our completely new D staff was an improvement. I feel dumb.

youraveragesavage
09-24-2016, 07:03 PM
Man, I really feel like a maroon glasses wearing Dawg. I fell for how strong our LB corps was this year that UNM could have Willie Gay, our 4 future QB's could all be better that Dak, we were loaded at DL so deep we would never have to even blitz, our safety play would be improved, and most of all our completely new D staff was an improvement. I feel dumb.

Same here. Goes to show those close to the program(Steve,hadad,etc) were filling us full of shit all preseason. Defense was atrocious today.

state66
09-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Im pretty sure the relf offense was Hudspeths offense. Unless hud's our next head coach I doubt we ever see the relf offense again.

Jack Lambert
09-24-2016, 07:54 PM
I'm concerned about the style points when it's Umass. There was a lot not to like out there today.

Florida and BC had trouble with them. They are not a joke. I hate playing teams like them and having to do it on road makes it worse.

Really Clark?
09-24-2016, 07:58 PM
Im pretty sure the relf offense was Hudspeths offense. Unless hud's our next head coach I doubt we ever see the relf offense again.

No. Hud was the passing game coordinator

Goldendawg
09-24-2016, 07:58 PM
Don't we now get to play them two more years at State?

Homedawg
09-24-2016, 08:18 PM
Well if you believed that sorry, you just haven't been paying attention. The signs were there. Hell I got blasted on a thread that people were saying this was our most talented defense EVER at state. People believe what they want. We don't have one single position that is good and most are below avg. that's just a fact.

Homedawg
09-24-2016, 08:19 PM

More nonsense. Hudspeth, I assure you didn't have one thing to do w what we did. Dan hates him and wouldn't let him do anything. That's a fact

solodawg
09-24-2016, 08:20 PM
How do you really expect a good D when Dan runs off D coaches every year and keeps his buds on O? Think how many DC's and position Coaches these player have been through the last four years. They probably have trouble learning the coaches names much less the plays.
I also believe our problems on D are because these guys have no continuity. We are going through a lot of DC's and assistants. How can you blame Coordinators and assistants for hauling ass when the head coach is continually looking for something else?

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2016, 08:46 PM
Offensively, the bottom line is Mullen isn't bringing back the "Relf offense". Our OL is very slow. Our QB is learning.

Defensively, we are talented along the DL and it ends there. We don't have a stud LB. The secondary is learning.

Only for sure win is Samford. Maybes.....UK and BYU. Doable but we will be the underdog... AU and Ark. The rest of the games we are out matched.

Exactly

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 08:50 PM
Same here. Goes to show those close to the program(Steve,hadad,etc) were filling us full of shit all preseason. Defense was atrocious today.

Not sure what they pumped in the offseason, but we should be better than we are now.

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 08:55 PM

We scored 49 points. We had enough points for style points. The problem is we allowed the 35. We look awful. And these are the golden days of MSU according to you. But why should we expect any better?

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 08:56 PM
I also believe our problems on D are because these guys have no continuity. We are going through a lot of DC's and assistants. How can you blame Coordinators and assistants for hauling ass when the head coach is continually looking for something else?

Our problems on D are because we rarely bring pressure and can't get pressure with the four we typically rush and then that exposes our weak secondary.

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 08:57 PM

You don't think Leo Lewis is a stud LB? Gerri Green? How often do we bring pressure with them? Rarely.

bulldawg28
09-24-2016, 09:07 PM
We're not even playing our best defensive players the majority of the game. Screw the 50/50. Rotate the DL and include the nickel defense when needed. Keep the best guys on the field screw the entire group crap.

bulldawg28
09-24-2016, 09:07 PM
You don't think Leo Lewis is a stud LB? Gerri Green? How often do we bring pressure with them? Rarely.

Leo is a stud. Gerri hasn't done anything this year

LC Dawg
09-24-2016, 09:14 PM
Our problems on D are because we rarely bring pressure and can't get pressure with the four we typically rush and then that exposes our weak secondary.
I thought we did a decent job of bringing pressure today but it's almost like we don't know what to do when we get in the backfield and don't make the play.

Maroonthirteen
09-24-2016, 09:14 PM

Lewis is good but young. We need an Al Wilson. Green doesn't play enough. If it was my defense, he would play MLB. Assuming he can handle the responsibility. Which maybe why he isn't.

I agree though. We are conservative on defense.. .again.

Coach007
09-24-2016, 09:15 PM

You started seeing the chemistry build throughout this game. Fitz ... it's still on his shoulders. He has to see his decision a bit faster.

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 09:17 PM
I thought we did a decent job of bringing pressure today but it's almost like we don't know what to do when we get in the backfield and don't make the play.

I'm not a d-line expert but we seem to over pursue the QB a lot and we do seem to miss the tackle a lot.

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 09:18 PM
Leo is a stud. Gerri hasn't done anything this year

That's part of my point- we don't allow Green to do anything by scheme and play calling.

tireddawg
09-24-2016, 10:00 PM

Not dumb, optimism. Nothing wrong with that.

Thick
09-24-2016, 10:13 PM
Richie Brown is a TERRIBLE tackling LB. Johnson at AU is going to punish our defense. He's a very physical back, and he has to be gang tackled.

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2016, 10:19 PM
Our defensive problems mainly have to do with the backfield, and the corners specifically. Those injuries hurt. Y'all are correct that the offense did enough today. As hard as I was on Fitz in the first half, in the second half he played pretty well. I'll eat crow gladly when that happens.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-24-2016, 10:22 PM
Well if you believed that sorry, you just haven't been paying attention. The signs were there. Hell I got blasted on a thread that people were saying this was our most talented defense EVER at state. People believe what they want. We don't have one single position that is good and most are below avg. that's just a fact.

I believe Goldendawg was referring to preseason hype and expectations. Reality hit during the first few minutes of the USA game.