PDA

View Full Version : Mullen Supporters

GTHOM
09-24-2016, 04:15 PM
Liverpool, any other ''Mullen is the best we've ever had'', ''We should be happy'', garbage. Mullen will make 300 thousand plus today to be losing to a team that is barely FBS level. After losing to USA already. Congrats. This is what you get when you allow complacency. This is what happens when you allow a guy to mentally check out and be okay with him openly trying to leave. This is what we get. Thanks guys from all MSU alumni, students, fans everywhere. Thank you too Scott Stricklin, for giving him extensions and raising his salary

Indndawg
09-24-2016, 04:18 PM
I agree. We prolly will win the game but this team is garbage and its on DM. If he were making 350K, he'd prolly get a pass but at 4-5 mil. No way. MSU's not getting their bang for the buck. Time for some fresh faces and fire on the coaching staff

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 04:18 PM
We didn't extend him or raise his salary in the offseason, but I agree with your overall point.

GTHOM
09-24-2016, 04:22 PM
We didn't extend him or raise his salary in the offseason, but I agree with your overall point.

I didnt mean this past offseason I meant when we did extend him. Only season he deserved one was 2010 and 2014. 14 was debatable because of the way we finished and seeing Dans intensity and give a shit fall completely off the map after we beat Auburn

smootness
09-24-2016, 04:26 PM
There are plenty of fair Mullen criticisms.

'He's making too much money' is a pretty dumb one.

GTHOM
09-24-2016, 04:30 PM

Hes making a lot of our money today to be losing to UMass bud

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2016, 04:30 PM
He is the SECOND best we have ever had. This team has problems no doubt. Why don't we let the man see if he can fix them, at least for the rest of the season? My stance is and will remain that I just don't think starting over every few years will ever get us where we want to go. You start over no matter when you fire the coach. That's all we have done for the last 70 years really.

GTHOM
09-24-2016, 04:35 PM
He is the SECOND best we have ever had. This team has problems no doubt. Why don't we let the man see if he can fix them, at least for the rest of the season? My stance is and will remain that I just don't think starting over every few years will ever get us where we want to go. You start over no matter when you fire the coach. That's all we have done for the last 70 years really.

Allyn McKeen!!!!! We dont deserve no better!!! Why would we want to let him continue??? Its year 8. Dak was the only reason we were as good as we were last year. Mullen checked out after the bama loss in 14 in my opinion. He hasnt given a shit since

smootness
09-24-2016, 04:37 PM
Hes making a lot of our money today to be losing to UMass bud

Yes. And that's not how contracts work.

Unless you think that once a coach makes a certain amount, he can't ever lose again.

Taog Redloh
09-24-2016, 04:39 PM
If we lose today, it will be hard to defend Mullen.

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2016, 04:41 PM
Allyn McKeen!!!!! We dont deserve no better!!! Why would we want to let him continue??? Its year 8. Dak was the only reason we were as good as we were last year. Mullen checked out after the bama loss in 14 in my opinion. He hasnt given a shit since

That's not what I said.

BB30
09-24-2016, 04:47 PM
Liverpool, any other ''Mullen is the best we've ever had'', ''We should be happy'', garbage. Mullen will make 300 thousand plus today to be losing to a team that is barely FBS level. After losing to USA already. Congrats. This is what you get when you allow complacency. This is what happens when you allow a guy to mentally check out and be okay with him openly trying to leave. This is what we get. Thanks guys from all MSU alumni, students, fans everywhere. Thank you too Scott Stricklin, for giving him extensions and raising his salary
Regardless of this season there is no way you could have fired him after last season. And any thought other wise is completely ignorant and truth is he is the best we have ever had. But please pony up a couple hundred k so you can help call the shots. We certainly aren't very good and my guess he realized that and that is the reason he was trying to get the hell out of starkville last year. We didn't give him an extension last season. Other than that what could have possibly been done last season? Unfortunately I think that a lot on here calling for his head and I admit I am on the fence right now, will be disappointed with the hire we make if we do can him this year.

Also pretty sure you called me a troll before season when I posed the question of if mullen a seat could be hot by the end of the season... Good call***

Taog Redloh
09-24-2016, 05:01 PM

I think he's overpaid too, and I'm one of the few pro-Mulleners left.

BB30
09-24-2016, 05:24 PM
I think he's overpaid too, and I'm one of the few pro-Mulleners left.

Yea I am on the fence I like mullen and think he still has some good qualities. I also don't want to be hiring the same year that auburn Lsu and im sure a couple others.

BB30
09-24-2016, 05:31 PM
Also just out of curiosity.. Should florida have fired jimmy boy for only leading by three in the swamp against umass going into the 4th qtr?

ScoobaDawg
09-24-2016, 05:37 PM

We have a LOT of Shitty coaches and even the tip of the top weren't that hot. Don't judge on that basis. Mullen has set himself up to be judged by the standard HE SET. and he's not staying at that standard.

fader2103
09-24-2016, 05:56 PM
If we lose this game, I want Dan to stay his Yankee ass up there.

blacklistedbully
09-24-2016, 06:39 PM
Dan is RESPONSIBLE for the hot mess we are now. Stop with, "give him time to fix it" BS. He brought this shit-storm down on himself and us by his constant flirting for other jobs, crippling our recruiting, his aneurysm-inducing decisions to do shit like "run Holloway up the middle", and his unwillingness to part ways with an O-line coach that has put absolute SHIT on the field most years.

As much credit as he earned by taking us from the cellar to 2014, what he has done since Bama 2014 has more than wiped out all of that goodwill.

2014 was our chance. It was THE chance in our entire shitty history in football to finally get over-the-hump. We should have gone into recruiting after that season kicking ass, and taking the next step. Instead, Mullen quit on us...looking to cash in on a better or easier job elsewhere. He wanted to cash-in-his-chips, instead of doing the work to push through to the next level here.

He ****ed us...and himself in the process. We may never see that opportunity again.

the59dawg
09-24-2016, 06:40 PM
If we lose today, it will be hard to defend Mullen.

Thank goodness we won.

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 06:49 PM
Thank goodness we won.

Half the teams in America won today.

-Dan Mullen

Todd4State
09-24-2016, 06:50 PM

Bob Tyler is better than Dan. Darrel Royal and Murray Warmath were better as well.

GTHOM
09-24-2016, 06:52 PM
Regardless of this season there is no way you could have fired him after last season. And any thought other wise is completely ignorant and truth is he is the best we have ever had. But please pony up a couple hundred k so you can help call the shots. We certainly aren't very good and my guess he realized that and that is the reason he was trying to get the hell out of starkville last year. We didn't give him an extension last season. Other than that what could have possibly been done last season? Unfortunately I think that a lot on here calling for his head and I admit I am on the fence right now, will be disappointed with the hire we make if we do can him this year.

Also pretty sure you called me a troll before season when I posed the question of if mullen a seat could be hot by the end of the season... Good call***

I didnt say we extended him in the offseason. Im not one for online pissing matches so you're not gonna get a 3 page debate from me. My point was we can do better, we deserve better

Goldendawg
09-24-2016, 06:55 PM
We had to forfeit all the victories under Bob Tyler.

QuadrupleOption
09-24-2016, 06:59 PM
Bob Tyler is better than Dan. Darrel Royal and Murray Warmath were better as well.

An argument could be made for Bob Tyler.

Darrel Royal and Murray Warmath were not as good as Mullen has been AT STATE. I don't give a shit what they did once they left here.

And actually, Tyler's records at State on the field were 6-4-1, 9-2, and 5-6. (7-10-1 SEC record). So no, he wasn't better than Mullen either.

TimberBeast
09-24-2016, 07:20 PM

We've had 3 coaches over about the last 25 years.

cheewgumm
09-24-2016, 07:34 PM
It's easier to win 6-8 than it used to be.

Bothrops
09-24-2016, 08:23 PM
I'm now pretty sure Mullen couldn't win the East at Florida or Georgia.

tireddawg
09-24-2016, 10:09 PM
We've had 3 coaches over about the last 25 years.

Yeah, I'd say it's best to use facts sometimes.