PDA

View Full Version : How Does A Nationally 2nd Tier Program With a Low State Population

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2016, 02:26 PM
Improve their recruiting profile without buying players?

Does anyone have a legitimate answer to this and does anyone have an example of this happening other than Oregon and their Nike money?

Also, how do you keep your best employees from leaving when tier 1 football schools come after them?

The structure of college football and the way it's set up, is an abortion. If you aren't cheating, then why give 1 red cent to support an absurd system that only works to support 5-10 schools?

As much as I want to hope Ole Miss gets pounded by the NCAA, I'm honestly not sure what their other option was. Like us, they want to win, and figured out that can't happen in an honest manner. The structure of the sport doesn't allow it.

TUSK
09-24-2016, 02:30 PM

Does anyone have a legitimate answer to this and does anyone have an example of this happening other than Oregon and their Nike money?

Also, how do you keep your best employees from leaving when tier 1 football schools come after them?

The structure of college football and the way it's set up, is an abortion. If you aren't cheating, then why give 1 red cent to support an absurd system that only works to support 5-10 schools?

As much as I want to hope Ole Miss gets pounded by the NCAA, I'm honestly not sure what their other option was. Like us, they want to win, and figured out that can't happen in an honest manner. The structure of the sport doesn't allow it.

Maybe we need a "sub P5" division?

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2016, 02:32 PM

More like a sub 5-10 schools division.

ILOATHEBears
09-24-2016, 02:35 PM

I say 17it and start buying players. Everyone does it and we can't NOT lose players like AJ Brown.

Really Clark?
09-24-2016, 02:35 PM

Oregon hasn't even been in the top 10 in recruiting I don't believe. Maybe a couple of 12, 13 type of classes in the last decade. Several below 20

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2016, 02:36 PM
I vote for a Democrat CFB Commishioner

TUSK
09-24-2016, 02:42 PM
More like a sub 5-10 schools division.

I was thinking along the lines of revenue... maybe carve out the top 32 earners and set it up sorta like the NFL... maybe a "D" league, or whatever they call it...

It'd really hurt the SEC, though... they'd have to merge with another conference due to lack of #.

Interesting point you make, though...

lamont
09-24-2016, 02:45 PM
They have a pretty campus

StoneDawg
09-24-2016, 02:54 PM
BEAR!!!!!

msstate7
09-24-2016, 02:54 PM
They have a pretty campus

It's beyond pretty... it's beautiful. I really think the green gra$$ among the tree$ is what really $ets om apart from u$

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2016, 03:00 PM

You do it like we are trying to do it, with stability and patience. You have to build a foundation and be stable for a WHILE. You have to recognize that there will be dips and you have to keep the support strong during them. It doesn't play well in the age of ADHD, but that's how you do it.

Taog Redloh
09-24-2016, 03:38 PM
How many times do we have to have this exact thread? Damn Shotgun, READ and come up with something original.