PDA

View Full Version : RPO (run pass option)

confucius say
09-24-2016, 01:02 PM
Why are ol consistently allowed to be 5-7 yards down field on these forward passes? If I were a coach I'd start every presser with it until it attention is called to it and smn is done.

The rule is 3 yards (should be 1 like NFL). Ole miss has perfected it with their ol 5-7 yards down field. Done it 4 times today

preachermatt83
09-24-2016, 01:03 PM
Exactly right. I was thinking of posting this very thing earlier.

msstate7
09-24-2016, 01:06 PM
The line judge or whatever you call him should move 3 yards at snap and if olinemen are beyond him on pass, it's a penalty. This shouldn't be so hard.

IMissJack
09-24-2016, 01:07 PM
Supposedly the refs were going to make this a point of emphasis this year. The first couple of weeks, I saw a number of penalties called in several games. No doubt it is an unfair advantage to the O.

msstate7
09-24-2016, 01:10 PM
Supposedly the refs were going to make this a point of emphasis this year. The first couple of weeks, I saw a number of penalties called in several games. No doubt it is an unfair advantage to the O.

College refs suck. If I were Mullen, I'd run olinemen downfield pretty much every passing play and teach holding like lsu does

confucius say
09-24-2016, 01:25 PM
The line judge or whatever you call him should move 3 yards at snap and if olinemen are beyond him on pass, it's a penalty. This shouldn't be so hard.

It's really not hard to see. It's obvious. And it totally changes the game. Safeties and backers read keys. It's my pet peeve (sp?) in football right now

confucius say
09-24-2016, 11:12 PM
Bump Bc Aggie just had big pi call on rpo where two ol were 8 yards downfield. This is changing the game and has to be stopped.

Irondawg
09-24-2016, 11:28 PM
If they aren't going to call it then you have to join them. And they aren't calling it. When we play OM and A&M we're going to see it all day so either talk about it all week, send in notes to the league office and then go balastic if they get away with one or start doing it as well.