PDA

View Full Version : It makes me sick that we did not get A J Brown.

IMissJack
09-24-2016, 11:49 AM
Will be an all American.

Sacrifice
09-24-2016, 11:53 AM
Yep, absolutely sucks!

GreenheadDawg
09-24-2016, 11:54 AM
Take off your maroon glasses and honestly answer this question. Which team would you want to play for if you were a stud high school recruit?

Bothrops
09-24-2016, 11:57 AM
I'm not saying he would for sure, but he might be on the bench with us, thus far. Violation of team rules, most likely.

MarketingBully
09-24-2016, 11:58 AM
Take off your maroon glasses and honestly answer this question. Which team would you want to play for if you were a stud high school recruit?

Shut the **** up with this shit. He would be starting on the outside and was told as much. He would be an all time favorite Bulldog home town guy. It was a recruiting mistake by Mullen/Hevesy that led to Ole Miss assholes infiltrating SHS.

Sacrifice
09-24-2016, 11:59 AM

It's not maroon colored glasses to expect to get a 4* receiver from Starkville. Especially after the seasons Bear and Ross had. Mullen just can't Fu@kin recruit.

IMissJack
09-24-2016, 11:59 AM

Well if you throw in the fact that one is from my hometown, and the other is under investigation for 3 years and may not even get to go to a bowl, I probably would go to MSU.

civildawg
09-24-2016, 12:02 PM
220k is what it cost and we said no apparently

fader2103
09-24-2016, 12:02 PM
Alabama
LSU
Ohio State
Michigan
Florida
USCw
Texas
TAMU

Bothrops
09-24-2016, 12:05 PM
Ole Miss bought the kid, but I'm not convinced Mullen would play him anyway. He has the personality that would rub Mullen the wrong way. Benched, most likely.

MarketingBully
09-24-2016, 12:08 PM
Ole Miss bought the kid, but I'm not convinced Mullen would play him anyway. He has the personality that would rub Mullen the wrong way. Benched, most likely.

Ahh, let's just make some shit up in our hypothetical here....

solodawg
09-24-2016, 12:08 PM
Never wear maroon colored glasses! I'll call it as I see it..OM has had the better team since Freeze was hired as bad as I hate to say it. His teams play much faster and more inspired than most teams in the SEC, my opinion. If they don't get pounded by the NCAA, it may be a while before we beat them again.

blacklistedbully
09-24-2016, 12:09 PM
He's an asshole. Fits in perfectly at UNM. Don't forget the shit he was saying after he committed to UNM.

preachermatt83
09-24-2016, 12:10 PM
Epic fail by our staff.

MarketingBully
09-24-2016, 12:11 PM
Never wear maroon colored glasses! I'll call it as I see it..OM has had the better team since Freeze was hired as bad as I hate to say it. His teams play much faster and more inspired than most teams in the SEC, my opinion. If they don't get pounded by the NCAA, it may be a while before we beat them again.

Yep, that's what our fans and Ole Miss fans were saying in 2009 as well.

MarketingBully
09-24-2016, 12:13 PM
He's an asshole. Fits in perfectly at UNM. Don't forget the shit he was saying after he committed to UNM.

Asshole or not. You don't let that type of player go to your in state rival. He's too good a player. Besides, he is only an asshole if he's not on your team. All teams have had those type of players.

GreenheadDawg
09-24-2016, 12:21 PM
Shut the **** up with this shit. He would be starting on the outside and was told as much. He would be an all time favorite Bulldog home town guy. It was a recruiting mistake by Mullen/Hevesy that led to Ole Miss assholes infiltrating SHS.

You can go **** yourself. Truth hurts. Don't cry about it. He made his decision. While we have Mullen and Hevesy it will continue to happen.

ETA: before all of Mullen's army comes with guns ablazing, yes we got Leo Lewis and Simmons. They were badly needed

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-24-2016, 12:23 PM
Not getting AJ and not even being considered by Akers are pretty tough to swallow, especially considering the schools they come from.

SDDawg
09-24-2016, 12:24 PM
He's a punk: hope he blows out his knee and ends up living a shitty life in Batesville. F him.

solodawg
09-24-2016, 12:27 PM
Yep, that's what our fans and Ole Miss fans were saying in 2009 as well.

You're exactly right. Mullen had their # until Freeze was hired. I, like everyone else knows they bought a few players and hopefully are fixing to pay the price for cheating but, OM staff has out coached our staff the last few years.

Dawgfan77
09-24-2016, 12:31 PM
All I will say is that we rarely get difference makers on offense

GreenheadDawg

I don't know if you assumed I meant that he would start at State. My point was he chose to play at a school with a proven QB and a proven offense. Hell, we didn't even know who our damn QB was gonna be. I'm pretty sure that was a slam dunk for Freeze. Ya know, and the 200k didn't hurt.

mic

Is that you Randy Carlisle?

Dawgology
09-24-2016, 12:34 PM

Which was a major mistake. 220k got them one of the best athletes to ever come out of Starkvikle as well as Willie Gay and probably future prospects as well. It's sad that SHS has become a feeder school for Ole Miss. Ypu protect your house regardless of the cost. You protect your house.

Dawgology
09-24-2016, 12:36 PM

Choosing between having an asshole on offense or not winning games I would choose the asshole. Winning games is kind of important...unlike moral victories.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-24-2016, 12:37 PM
I don't know if you assumed I meant that he would start at State. My point was he chose to play at a school with a proven QB and a proven offense. Hell, we didn't even know who our damn QB was gonna be. I'm pretty sure that was a slam dunk for Freeze. Ya know, and the 200k didn't hurt.

And how many other players in similar situations came to MSU anyway in the past? Hell Mullen had the better sale with playing time and being the man. Mullen took it for granted, OM used their relationships at SHS to exploit that, and who knows what happened behind closed doors. I'll give them credit for what they have done in recruiting, but let's not crown Freeze as the best ever.

t45fixer
09-24-2016, 12:37 PM
Not me. We wouldn't be getting this much production from him. That just seems to be the Mullen norm. Everyone of those guys on that team hustle on every play. Ours do not now used too but not now.

civildawg
09-24-2016, 12:40 PM
Which was a major mistake. 220k got them one of the best athletes to ever come out of Starkvikle as well as Willie Gay and probably future prospects as well. It's sad that SHS has become a feeder school for Ole Miss. Ypu protect your house regardless of the cost. You protect your house.

Totally agree with you

spbdawg
09-24-2016, 12:56 PM
#

TUSK
09-24-2016, 12:57 PM
I hate we got outbid... could use a lil better depth....

GreenheadDawg
09-24-2016, 01:01 PM
Is that you Randy Carlisle?

In the flesh. Some of you such homers you can't see the forest for the trees

BankerDog
09-24-2016, 01:41 PM
Asshole or not. You don't let that type of player go to your in state rival. He's too good a player. Besides, he is only an asshole if he's not on your team. All teams have had those type of players.

Then next time you pony up and pitch in with the effort.

msstate7
09-24-2016, 01:42 PM

Which is why I don't cry about who we miss on... I'm not giving 18-year-old kids other than my own a dime.

MarketingBully
09-24-2016, 01:49 PM

How the hell can you pitch in with an effort when the SHS admin allowed obvious Ole Miss bagmen (who are still there today) to infiltrate their staff to have influence over their good players. This board and several other boards even outed the problem and it still exists today.

Dawgology
09-24-2016, 01:51 PM
How the hell can you pitch in with an effort when the SHS admin allowed obvious Ole Miss bagmen (who are still there today) to infiltrate their staff to have influence over their good players. This board and several other boards even outed the problem and it still exists today.

If the head coach doesn't care I guess our cigar boys don't care. I just don't understand.

state66
09-24-2016, 02:00 PM
The biggest blow to me in AJ Browns recruitment was his statement that we did not recruit him as hard as other schools. Absolutely no excuse for that.

Sacrifice
09-24-2016, 02:01 PM
When we say "recruit" are we talking about $325k recruiting?

I'm sure they paid his ass but when I say "recruit", I'm talking about as Mullen would say, relentless effort! When I hear recruits say they didn't fell wanted or they didn't recruit me as hard as other schools or they didn't come watch me play. That's the kind of shit I'm talking about. It could all be BS talk but it's not the first time a recruit has said that

ScoobaDawg
09-24-2016, 02:06 PM

Well we will see soon what that really costs them when the NCAA final verdict is in...

ScoobaDawg
09-24-2016, 02:08 PM
The biggest blow to me in AJ Browns recruitment was his statement that we did not recruit him as hard as other schools. Absolutely no excuse for that.

Some of y'all will believe anything that drama queen says. Ever think those were just planted things TSUN told him to say...

MarketingBully
09-24-2016, 02:08 PM

Hevesy recruits the Golden Triangle area or did and we lost AJ Brown and Scott Lashley. Go figure...

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2016, 02:27 PM
I had heard for two years we were never going to get AJ. My info was pretty decent too.

Apoplectic
09-24-2016, 02:33 PM
Choosing between having an asshole on offense or not winning games I would choose the asshole. Winning games is kind of important...unlike moral victories.

We have an ahole coach why not an ahole WR?

Dawgology
09-24-2016, 02:48 PM
We have an ahole coach why not an ahole WR?

Boom! Hahha

state66
09-24-2016, 03:09 PM
Some of y'all will believe anything that drama queen says. Ever think those were just planted things TSUN told him to say...

Haha right, ole miss told him to say that. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Bamboo
09-24-2016, 03:40 PM

Our collectors arent doing a very good job. You gotta press these guys for 10 times what you are getting. Put your selling shoes on boys!

I_Spy
09-24-2016, 07:32 PM
I'd go to Michigan. LSU even looks blah. OM will get busted. Might as well face the cold.

TimberBeast
09-24-2016, 08:14 PM
He's a punk: hope he blows out his knee and ends up living a shitty life in Batesville. F him.

Yep, all that needs to be said

TimberBeast
09-24-2016, 08:16 PM
I had heard for two years we were never going to get AJ. My info was pretty decent too.

You are really just getting ridiculous.

Goldendawg
09-24-2016, 08:23 PM
If members of this board know he got $220 or $325 K, surely the NCAA knows for sure. They say even a blind squirrel (NCAA) finds an acorn now and then.

archdog
09-24-2016, 08:53 PM

The personality of a person who knows how good he is and then backs it up on the field. Yep.

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2016, 08:59 PM
You are really just getting ridiculous.

No I'm not. We were never even in it for him. I heard that during his junior year. The only thing that turned out to be wrong was he signed with the Confederates instead of another school to the east. We all know why that was. He was never going to go to MSU. It ain't that surprising if you are not ignorant of the history of top level recruits at Starkvile High. We get about half of them. Last year we shot par. I do agree we need to get the current coaches out of there if we can. We don't play that game as well as the Confederates. That may speak well for us actually, depends on your point of view.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-24-2016, 09:11 PM
Let him? AJ was all OM since his junior year in high school, he wasn't going to MSU. That's a fact! I don't think anyone wants to debate me on this. I said AJ to OM even when the big boys on this site were saying no.

SPMT
09-24-2016, 11:06 PM

He was told he would start on the outside at State?!

I don't believe you are incorrect, in fact I think the primary he isn't here is because we didn't confirm that he would for sure play as a freshman.

Our recruiting sucks under Dan and most likely always will.

wasabaka
09-25-2016, 12:09 AM
No I'm not. We were never even in it for him. I heard that during his junior year. The only thing that turned out to be wrong was he signed with the Confederates instead of another school to the east. We all know why that was. He was never going to go to MSU. It ain't that surprising if you are not ignorant of the history of top level recruits at Starkvile High. We get about half of them. Last year we shot par. I do agree we need to get the current coaches out of there if we can. We don't play that game as well as the Confederates. That may speak well for us actually, depends on your point of view.

Freddie Milons says hi...

Bottom line is this - even if we ponied up the money to get this kid, it would not have helped us this year. He would have gotten 8-10 touches this year, 15-20 next year, and then had a breakout 80 touch season before leaving us for the NFL. It's the Mullen way. Turning coal dust into diamonds, and diamonds into coal dust.