PDA

View Full Version : About time...

DogBanker
08-30-2013, 04:38 PM
The video that was just put out for the kickoff classic was probably the best our athletic department has ever put out. Great job guys, keep it up.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Z21OJEoPk

messageboardsuperhero
08-30-2013, 04:57 PM
That's at least an improvement in quality over the rest of the stuff we've put out lately.

Also, what is the story behind the guy in the stands who waves the bulldog flag? He's in almost every football highlight I've seen from the JWS era up until today. Surely someone here must know who he is.

BHildreth3
08-30-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm wondering if the new Asst AD for marketing had something to do with this video. I highly doubt it was done by the video staff. Maybe this new guy had it done 3rd party.

War Machine Dawg
08-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Maybe we finally hired someone who knows what the hell they're doing with media production. That was badass. Now if we can just start using some current music and badass videos at the games, we'll be making progress. How much you want to bet at least 1 Rebear football vid this year will feature music from Man of Steel? Meanwhile, we'll stick to music from movies 10 years old or some crappy fan made State song.

And on a semi-related subject, please tell me our entrance vid & music - especially the music - will be better than last year. Cause that DJ Bulldog or whatever the **** he called himself was the most embarrassing, pathetic thing we've done with our media. And that's saying something.

Schultzy
08-31-2013, 06:40 AM
That flag always seems to draw the camera and has for at least ten years. I think it's just because it's a cool flag. If this vid was done 3rd party we need to contract all of them out. It takes talent to do those right.

Political Hack
08-31-2013, 06:49 AM
1,000% improvement.

FlabLoser
08-31-2013, 06:56 AM
According Bob Carscadon, video production has been made a priority. There is going to be or has been some investments made.

Schultzy
08-31-2013, 07:47 AM
According Bob Carscadon, video production has been made a priority. There is going to be or has been some investments made.

Gotta give our administration credit for recognizing the problem and doing something about it. These vids are important bc even though they aren't the end all be all, if done poorly they sure they sure make you look bad.

DCdawg
08-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Yes, I'm pretty sure the new assistant AD oversaw video production when he was at East Carolina. I think he has that same role here also.