PDA

View Full Version : So Stricklin is traveling with the FB team. Mean anything either way?

DancingRabbit
09-23-2016, 01:48 PM
I hope he stays. Doubt we would bump him more than $700K - if the offer is really $1.4 that's a lot of coin left on the table.

Thick
09-23-2016, 01:49 PM
He wants to see the Red Sox in Fenway?

BB30
09-23-2016, 02:47 PM
He wants to see the Red Sox in Fenway?

Unfortunately they aren't at home this weekend**

HSVDawg
09-23-2016, 02:51 PM
I don't think it means anything. He won't get announced until Monday at the earliest if he is heading to UF. And he would probably be back and forth for a couple of weeks between Starkville and Gainesville even after the announcement.

SnoopDawg
09-23-2016, 02:51 PM
I think it means he is the athletic director at MSU and he can go if he wants to

Thick
09-23-2016, 02:53 PM
Maybe he's checking out the dogs and cups served at Gillette to see if they are DWS worthy.

LC Dawg
09-23-2016, 03:13 PM
He had a choice between Knoxville or Boston for the weekend. That's pretty much a no brainer. Where he is next weekend will be more telling.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2016, 03:20 PM
I hope he stays. Doubt we would bump him more than $700K - if the offer is really $1.4 that's a lot of coin left on the table.

Why wouldn't we bump him above 700 K?

Are we close to going broke or something. I've never understood why MSU fans are so worried about saving money.

Again, we are way to logical to ever compete in the SEC at a high level.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-23-2016, 03:24 PM
I think it means he is the athletic director at MSU and he can go if he wants to

^^ THIS

mic
09-23-2016, 03:39 PM
Mullen needs a jogging buddy for in the morning...

RocketDawg
09-23-2016, 03:43 PM
I assumed he went to all, or at least most, of our Away games. He certainly comes to the home games. And presumably they're on a charter flight so one more person wouldn't cost anything extra ... except for a bag of peanuts and a Coke. ;)

Jack Lambert
09-23-2016, 03:54 PM

Are we close to going broke or something. I've never understood why MSU fans are so worried about saving money.

It has nothing to do with average fans. It's the big money fans.

msujan
09-23-2016, 04:02 PM
Don't forget TT's inelegant, unethical departure from Northern Miss. It can happen that quickly.

Todd4State
09-23-2016, 04:04 PM
I bet we counter offer to at least a million and I would be fine counter offering 1.4 million to be honest.

RocketDawg
09-23-2016, 04:20 PM
Don't forget TT's inelegant, unethical departure from Northern Miss. It can happen that quickly.

I don't think Stricklin would do that. Mullen might.

ILOATHEBears
09-23-2016, 04:31 PM
I don't think Stricklin would do that. Mullen might.

My guess is he watches the game and if Mullen coaches like a v%gina and we happen to lose he leaves UMASS and bypasses Starkville and stops the jet in gainsville

RocketDawg
09-23-2016, 04:55 PM
My guess is he watches the game and if Mullen coaches like a v%gina and we happen to lose he leaves UMASS and bypasses Starkville and stops the jet in gainsville

Think he'll leave the game early, or stay to the bitter end?

I've always been surprised how little, relative to head coaches, that ADs are paid.

Homedawg
09-23-2016, 05:44 PM
I bet we counter offer to at least a million and I would be fine counter offering 1.4 million to be honest.

I don't know what we will do as far as a counter, meaning I don't know how high we will go. But money won't be the reason either way. Florida is the BEST AD job in the country. He bleeds maroon. How much does leading the best program in the country outweigh that? I think he takes it and I dont blame him.

maroonmania
09-23-2016, 07:24 PM
I don't know what we will do as far as a counter, meaning I don't know how high we will go. But money won't be the reason either way. Florida is the BEST AD job in the country. He bleeds maroon. How much does leading the best program in the country outweigh that? I think he takes it and I dont blame him.

Sorry, I don't see how its the BEST AD job in the country when you are already having to go down to your 4th or 5th choice. Its a great athletic program but obviously there are aspects of the job right now that are not attractive to a lot of people. They are obviously having to overpay just to try and get Stricklin to take it.

DawgPoundtheRock
09-23-2016, 07:33 PM
Total waste of a thread. Who cares? It doesn't mean a thing.

Homedawg
09-23-2016, 08:39 PM
Sorry, I don't see how its the BEST AD job in the country when you are already having to go down to your 4th or 5th choice. Its a great athletic program but obviously there are aspects of the job right now that are not attractive to a lot of people. They are obviously having to overpay just to try and get Stricklin to take it.

First, who does or doesn't take the job doesn't mean it's not the best. Name another job even close?? You can't. They have a chance to win the national championship in EVERY sport they compete in. Do they? No. But it's a reasonable expectation. We can't win a conference championship in anything except baseball and that's happened once in 20 years. They have $, facilities and access to players. Second, who says they are on number 4 or 5? The media? Or assclowns on here?

ScoobaDawg
09-23-2016, 09:31 PM
Total waste of a thread. Who cares? It doesn't mean a thing.

Great post. Way to add something.

We all care. whether we want him to stay or go.
I'm fine with it either way though. But don't overpay him (7-800k max)

DancingRabbit
09-23-2016, 09:53 PM

I was just guessing what MSU would respond with.

If he was worth $500K a couple weeks ago it throws things out of order to say he's now worth $1.4M because several guys turned down UF. I think you bump his salary and give him a roadmap of goals and incentives so that he can get to where he wants to be salary-wise over several years.

I've been a big supporter of Scott, while many on this board think they could do Scott's job better than him. They ridicule Scott for his humble and friendly personality, then denigrate Dan for being curt and matter-of-fact.

JohnnyQuid
09-24-2016, 12:59 AM

yea I don't see it either for a couple reasons. you're having to follow Foley and those are big shoes to step into. second, the expectations there probably exceed the reality of who they really are - be alot to deal with