PDA

View Full Version : Just thinking out loud. Is waiting for the open date week a

ScottH
09-23-2016, 12:27 PM
reason Stricklin to UF hasn't been announced if it's a done deal?

RocketDawg
09-23-2016, 12:36 PM
reason Stricklin to UF hasn't been announced if it's a done deal?

Probably not. If he truly does have an offer from Florida, he's probably thinking it over a lot ... it's hard not to double or triple an already high salary, but it's tough moving from the place you're really attached to.

Taog Redloh
09-23-2016, 12:44 PM
Triple the salary should always win. He will be given at minimum 5 years down there, that's $7M. 5 more years at MSU is $2.5M. That extra $4.5M can last you for a very long time if you are suddenly unemployed.

It's life-changing money. You have to go.

civildawg
09-23-2016, 12:47 PM
While I agree with you, he still would more than likely get a pretty big raise from MSU if he stayed. But still I think the max we would offer would be about 1 million so you are looking at atleast 2.5-3 million more dollars. Man that would be hard to pass up. I cant imagine making that much money each year.

Taog Redloh
09-23-2016, 12:49 PM
While I agree with you, he still would more than likely get a pretty big raise from MSU if he stayed. But still I think the max we would offer would be about 1 million so you are looking at atleast 2.5-3 million more dollars. Man that would be hard to pass up. I cant imagine making that much money each year.

I would take the job, work for 10 years, retire, and build a mansion in Starkville. Also, what else can he really do at MSU, we are about peaked out in our athletic department. Now people can only get complacent from here. Let some new blood with new ideas try to build on what he's done.

I love Stricklin and would hope he would stay, but I don't want to see another coach make a bad decision like Stansbury and really Mullen too. He'll always be an MSU guy but sometimes business is business.

Bothrops
09-23-2016, 05:10 PM
I agree, it's life changing money. However, I bet he ends up not liking it down there.

sleepy dawg
09-24-2016, 09:23 AM
I know it's easy to say, but hard to do, but I would stay if I were him. Striklin is a Bulldog, like me, not a Gator. I know he's getting offered lots of money, but he's already making a ton, and he's likely in his dream job in its dream location. If he leaves and goes to Florida, he will never be as welcome again. It's easy to say who cares if people welcome you back years down the line when you've made so much money, but it matters. If he wants to retire in and be in Starkville one day, those days will be much happier if he doesn't bail on us now for a Florida AD job.

DownwardDawg
09-24-2016, 09:46 AM
I know it's easy to say, but hard to do, but I would stay if I were him. Striklin is a Bulldog, like me, not a Gator. I know he's getting offered lots of money, but he's already making a ton, and he's likely in his dream job in its dream location. If he leaves and goes to Florida, he will never be as welcome again. It's easy to say who cares if people welcome you back years down the line when you've made so much money, but it matters. If he wants to retire in and be in Starkville one day, those days will be much happier if he doesn't bail on us now for a Florida AD job.
I agree with this, and I think he stays.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-24-2016, 09:58 AM
He's a marketing guy...just positioning for the biggest splash whatever the decision is.