PDA

View Full Version : How many years of D1 coaching does it take to learn the basic rules for recruiting?

Jack Lambert
09-23-2016, 07:37 AM
I guess what I am asking when does mistakes stop being mistakes and becomes just plain cheating? Freeze has been coaching D1 football for 10 years.

BB30
09-23-2016, 08:30 AM
My guess is the ncaa will give us that answer in just a few months.

Jack Lambert
09-23-2016, 08:46 AM
My guess is the ncaa will give us that answer in just a few months.

Why in the hell would he break a rule now with the NCAA fist ****ing him. Other then liking a fist up his butt why?

TheRef
09-23-2016, 08:53 AM
Considering you have to pass the NCAA rules exam to even qualify to recruit, I would say less than a year. If you don't pass that exam, you can have no communication with potential student athletes.

wayneland5025
09-23-2016, 09:16 AM
Why in the hell would he break a rule now with the NCAA fist ****ing him. Other then liking a fist up his butt why?

I honestly believe he thinks that they will get away with it---and until we see what the NCAA does, I wouldnt hold my breath that he is partially correct. I have seen too many predictions of Ole Miss violations being prosecuted over the years with nothing happening. Hope I am wrong this time.

Political Hack
09-23-2016, 09:36 AM
I honestly believe he thinks that they will get away with it---and until we see what the NCAA does, I wouldnt hold my breath that he is partially correct. I have seen too many predictions of Ole Miss violations being prosecuted over the years with nothing happening. Hope I am wrong this time.

The NCAA hasnt wasted resources on a 3-year investigation for nothing. Take it from me, they will throw shit against the wall and make some stuff up just to make something stick. The inaccuracies in the last report on State were astounding. They still have zero clue as to what really happened. Either that, or they completely ignored a lot of relevant facts to support some level of punishment. They will do whatever they have to do to save face and in this case, given the media scrutiny and the anticipation and expectations from so many other NCAA member institutions, they have no choice but to drop the hammer.

30+ scholarships over 3+ years and at least a 2-3 year bowl ban and multiple show causes. As usual, you heard it here first.

maroonmania
09-23-2016, 09:48 AM
They aren't nor have they ever been mistakes. All of these coaches have to pass tests on recruiting rules to even be able to go out on the road and recruit. All of this "mistake" junk is nothing more than an excuse for blatantly and arrogantly breaking recruiting rules and daring anyone to question them about it. How much good does it do you to run 90 mph down the road and then when you get pulled over sheepishly grin and use the excuse that you didn't know what the speed limit was? Mark it down, you are getting a ticket and may get your license pulled.

TrapGame
09-23-2016, 09:50 AM
Considering you have to pass the NCAA rules exam to even qualify to recruit, I would say less than a year. If you don't pass that exam, you can have no communication with potential student athletes.

So, it's kinda like the BAR exam? I wish then the NCAA would forever revoke Freeze's recruiting ability.

BrunswickDawg
09-23-2016, 09:57 AM

Well, knowing OM, they have someone else take the test for the coaches... All part of "The Program"

Tripp McNeely
09-23-2016, 10:14 AM
The NCAA hasnt wasted resources on a 3-year investigation for nothing. Take it from me, they will throw shit against the wall and make some stuff up just to make something stick. The inaccuracies in the last report on State were astounding. They still have zero clue as to what really happened. Either that, or they completely ignored a lot of relevant facts to support some level of punishment. They will do whatever they have to do to save face and in this case, given the media scrutiny and the anticipation and expectations from so many other NCAA member institutions, they have no choice but to drop the hammer.

30+ scholarships over 3+ years and at least a 2-3 year bowl ban and multiple show causes. As usual, you heard it here first.

I think that is one of THE most valid rationales for believing that om gets hammered. Can you imagine the man hours and dollars that will have been wasted if om does not get destroyed?? If the NCAA slaps them on the wrist, the FOIA's will flow in "like the salmon of Capistrano" to see what the cost of this investigation have been. Guys like Parrish and Forde will DEMOLISH the NCAA for wasting that much money! The backlash would shake their foundation. They literally HAVE to hammer om, or it could destroy (because "discredit" doesn't begin to describe the extent) the entire organization...and, if you think I'm being over-dramatic, really think about it.

Martianlander
09-23-2016, 10:15 AM
Freeze probably took the test in Waynesboro.

NCDawg
09-23-2016, 10:21 AM

I agree with you. Got to hand it to them, they are pretty shrewd about getting away with a lot of illegal stuff. I've also seen nothing happen to them over the years when we knew they were blatantly cheating.

DancingRabbit
09-23-2016, 10:24 AM

Sean Tuohy helped him take it at BYU online.

tireddawg
09-23-2016, 12:55 PM
I've maintained they are getting hammered. Too big a story & too many eyes on it to be swept away.
#🔨 🔨 🔨 🔨

Red Sox Dawg
09-23-2016, 01:00 PM

That was good.

TrapGame
09-23-2016, 01:57 PM

Solid. Wish I'd thought of that.

lastmajordog
09-23-2016, 03:28 PM

Actually he probably DID NOT take the test like how the UNM lawyers DID NOT have to take the Bar Exam for years....probably because they were so above the rest of the law schools.......I’m sure most on here are too young to remember that era......

Martianlander
09-23-2016, 04:41 PM
Actually he probably DID NOT take the test like how the UNM lawyers DID NOT have to take the Bar Exam for years....probably because they were so above the rest of the law schools.......I’m sure most on here are too young to remember that era......

Yes, you are correct. They were automatically "in". Others such as the Jackson school of law had to take it. Hadn't thought about that in years and was not aware they had to take it now.

RocketDawg
09-23-2016, 04:49 PM

There was a time when, in Alabama, you didn't have to take the Professional Engineer exam to be a PE. I think that ended about 25 years ago. Don't know if it was that way in Mississippi, or anywhere else.