PDA

View Full Version : It was absolutely embarrassing last Sat night when our fans cheered more for Shaq...

RougeDawg
09-22-2016, 10:09 PM
Walking into the damn stadium, than for our team at any point of the evening. Our fans were more excited to see him than they were the rest of the game, start to finish. Given we didn't have much to cheer about but it was just a damn former basketball player. He's been at every game we've played there and goes to most home games. Our fans acted like Elvis had entered the stadium. And we wonder why people have the opinions of us that they do. Come on people, act like you've been there and done that before.

Todd4State
09-22-2016, 10:44 PM
Come on man. LOL.

Shaq is a celebrity. I was at the game and we were cheering pretty loudly at the end.

I know you know this and some people aren't going to like me saying it but it's the truth- our team is pretty meh to watch play. They only play with any energy in spurts. Dan doesn't seem to care aside from the first half of South Carolina. Now he will care this weekend because he is going to have a ton of family and friends watching the game and we probably will play our best game Saturday. And I think the fans feel helpless in some ways right now because they see guys like Holloway going up the middle over and over while other players who aren't playing are getting 4-5 yards a pop and then they see that guys like Malik Dear have fallen off the face of the Earth only to get a smartass response on the call in show about "He played in the last two games" even though he didn't get a touch. Or if he did I forgot about it.

The bottom line is a LOT of fans are like- if the coach doesn't care, why the hell should I care?

People can talk about what Dan has done- and he has done a lot of good things- but this is very much a what are you doing now business.

bulldawg28
09-23-2016, 06:18 AM
The fans weren't cheering because we were losing which gives very little to cheer about. That's usually how cheering goes unless you're on the pom squad or playing at home.

Some of you guys should be politicians with the constant foolery.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2016, 06:53 AM
Mullen ruined our season on opening day. Who gives a crap what our fans cheer for at a game? They should be commended for showing up to the game, something our coach is not even doing.

PMDawg
09-23-2016, 07:36 AM
Walking into the damn stadium, than for our team at any point of the evening. Our fans were more excited to see him than they were the rest of the game, start to finish. Given we didn't have much to cheer about but it was just a damn former basketball player. He's been at every game we've played there and goes to most home games. Our fans acted like Elvis had entered the stadium. And we wonder why people have the opinions of us that they do. Come on people, act like you've been there and done that before.

Is there ANYTHING you won't complain about? In my opinion, you're pretty embarrassing.

Jack Lambert
09-23-2016, 07:39 AM
Mullen ruined our season on opening day. Who gives a crap what our fans cheer for at a game? They should be commended for showing up to the game, something our coach is not even doing.

Sorry but Mullen wasn't on the field. It was the defense that laid down on the last USA drive.

Dawgology
09-23-2016, 07:48 AM

This

Stormrider26
09-23-2016, 08:02 AM
PLEASE chang out your cotton on a string. Obviously, only you could discern between State fans and LSU fans screaming when Shaq came out, right? How else would you gauge the excitement level of the entire state fan base in BR? Maybe speak for fans next to you, but damn sure don't speak about me and mine.

RougeDawg
09-23-2016, 08:55 AM
Is there ANYTHING you won't complain about? In my opinion, you're pretty embarrassing.

Your opinion is worth as much as a bag of horse shit.

My point was the reason people look at us as "never been there or done that" Mississippi state fans. And we continue to prove them correct.

Who gives a shit if any celebrity walks in the stadium. Our entire lower sections (except me and my buddy) stood up, pulled out cell phones and started cheering so loud you would've thought an alien from Area 51 had walked in. Im sorry that I don't need to change my boxers whenever I see someone famous. They are just another person to me. Definitely not anything I'd act like a junior high girl at a boys band convert over. That's what we looked like.

Eta you may want to bring your device in to have your browser checked if you think every single post of mine is complaining about something. You also may need to check the definition of complaining. If something is true, but you disagree, it's not complaining to point it out. It's called observation and conclusion.

Example: Mullen has continuously played the older less talented players in certain positions. You take this as complaining, and a logical person saga "hmmm, that does appear to happen more times than it should be happening and yes it is hampering our production and Wins."

Example 2: last night I posted about the footing at Gillette being ahitty and people falling all night when they cut and I hope we have the correct cleats. You see that as complaining and I see that as an observation made by others and hoping our team learns from the mistakes and misfortunes of others.

Maybe it's the comprehension of messages that needs analyzing and adjusting.

RougeDawg
09-23-2016, 09:04 AM
PLEASE chang out your cotton on a string. Obviously, only you could discern between State fans and LSU fans screaming when Shaq came out, right? How else would you gauge the excitement level of the entire state fan base in BR? Maybe speak for fans next to you, but damn sure don't speak about me and mine.

Ummm, maybe because I was sitting in section 403? Just maybe? I could have been mistaken, but I believe everyone around me had Maroon fabric on.

Todd4State
09-23-2016, 09:12 AM

My point was the reason people look at us as "never been there or done that" Mississippi state fans. And we continue to prove them correct.

Who gives a shit if any celebrity walks in the stadium. Our entire lower sections (except me and my buddy) stood up, pulled out cell phones and started cheering so loud you would've thought an alien from Area 51 had walked in. Im sorry that I don't need to change my boxers whenever I see someone famous. They are just another person to me. Definitely not anything I'd act like a junior high girl at a boys band convert over. That's what we looked like.

Eta you may want to bring your device in to have your browser checked if you think every single post of mine is complaining about something. You also may need to check the definition of complaining. If something is true, but you disagree, it's not complaining to point it out. It's called observation and conclusion.

Example: Mullen has continuously played the older less talented players in certain positions. You take this as complaining, and a logical person saga "hmmm, that does appear to happen more times than it should be happening and yes it is hampering our production and Wins."

Example 2: last night I posted about the footing at Gillette being ahitty and people falling all night when they cut and I hope we have the correct cleats. You see that as complaining and I see that as an observation made by others and hoping our team learns from the mistakes and misfortunes of others.

I was there as I said and you are blowing this WAY out of proportion. It was more like a nice applause. I didn't see anyone going nuts like you did.

Dallas_Dawg
09-23-2016, 10:03 AM
RougeDawg sounds like an insufferable, whiny little bitch.
They wouldn't be celebrities if people didn't do that in the first place.
Go take some midol and relax

dawgs
09-23-2016, 11:05 AM
Sorry but Mullen wasn't on the field. It was the defense that laid down on the last USA drive.

We should have put the game away long before the last drive. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

PMDawg
09-23-2016, 11:49 AM

Cool story brah.

Johnson85
09-23-2016, 12:09 PM

Actually if you are pointing out something that you consider dissatisfying, that's pretty much the textbook definition of complaining. I'll provide an example:

In teh above quote, the quoted statement is a complaint about Mullen playing older less talented players in certain positions and it costing us wins.

louisvilledawg
09-23-2016, 12:30 PM
Actually if you are pointing out something that you consider dissatisfying, that's pretty much the textbook definition of complaining. I'll provide an example:

In teh above quote, the quoted statement is a complaint about Mullen playing older less talented players in certain positions and it costing us wins.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Stormrider26
09-23-2016, 12:44 PM
Ummm, maybe because I was sitting in section 403? Just maybe? I could have been mistaken, but I believe everyone around me had Maroon fabric on.

I was in section 301, Row 1 right behind the team. I didn't see any of them go insane when he came out, and that's what actually matters. My wife and I clapped for Shaq and idga17 if you did or didn't. Idga17 if every state fan did or didn't. Doesn't affect the players or outcome of the game one bit.

I bet you bitched about Mullen's shorts too. Find something worth whining about, like Holloway up the middle or Dear not getting any touches.

fader2103
09-23-2016, 04:28 PM
I cheer for who I damn well please while wearing my Maroon shirt to a white out game!