PDA

View Full Version : Come on football team

msstate7
09-22-2016, 06:21 PM
We're not even a month into the season and the main thread on the board today is about flags and such... we need a good day Saturday on the field.

I expect to win, but I wanna see more. I wanna see shump get an opportunity to be the primary ball carrier. I wanna see fitz go thru his progressions faster and start showing better accuracy. I wanna see Bryant, Gerri, and Richie start playing to their potential. I wanna see 2 halves of solid football. We've played 1 good half in each of the first 3 games, but we haven't played a full game yet.

What do you guys wanna see to give you a little hope for the rest of the season?

BayouDawg
09-22-2016, 06:25 PM
I never thought I'd say this but I too want to see shump get a chance to be the guy. He's been running angry as of late. I also want to see us come out with a gameplan and commit to something on offense. This Saturday I think it should be the run game. Come out against Umass and say we're gonna run it right at you and beat the hell out of you.

MaroonFlounder
09-22-2016, 06:36 PM
Malik Dear needs to get the football in whatever ways possible. Not sure what the problem is.

I want to see Tiano, even if it's mop up duty. He's the intagibles guy that is what made Dak great.

Simmons. Every play. Disrupter.

Figure out what Jamal peters can do well in this defense if Jiles is back healthy and it is he and Durr at corner.

Bodawg
09-22-2016, 06:43 PM
Would like to see Williams and Shump in the backfield with Fitz. Dear in the slot along with Mixon. We get a comfortable lead, rotate the young running backs.

HancockCountyDog
09-22-2016, 06:56 PM
The season is decided in 16 days when we play AU.

We win, I think we go bowling. If not, ceiling is 5 wins.

msstate7
09-22-2016, 06:58 PM

I agree.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-22-2016, 06:58 PM
Just win, baby, just win and win big. We are a SEC team and need to start playing like one. Dak & crew made us relevant and it felt great. The feeling is gone now. Need it back.

RougeDawg
09-22-2016, 07:31 PM
I fully agree with everyone but want to remind everyone that all of these requests require one thing and one thing only. A different HC. Period. Until that you can just pin this thread to the top of the board.

RocketDawg
09-22-2016, 07:41 PM
I fully agree with everyone but want to remind we beyond that all of these requests require one thing and one thing only. A different HC. Period. Until that you can just pin this thread to the top of the board.

At the moment I totally disagree. I might have a different opinion at the end of the year.

TrapGame
09-22-2016, 08:25 PM

If we lose to AU at home when they are this bad it's gonna one long ass season.

Bothrops
09-22-2016, 08:45 PM
True, but we need to take care of the Minuteman first.

Maroonthirteen
09-22-2016, 09:31 PM
Fitz with near 100 yards rushing.
Any RB (not named Holloway) with over 100 yards rushing.
Near 300 yards rushing as a team.
An interception.
A couple of sacks.

confucius say
09-22-2016, 09:44 PM
A pissed off defense that wants to knock people out (like Leo lewis)

Pissed off ol that wants to hurt people (5 Dillon day's)

We've gone soft. Maybe a product of becoming a passing team last year.

GTHOM
09-22-2016, 10:54 PM
We're not even a month into the season and the main thread on the board today is about flags and such... we need a good day Saturday on the field.

I expect to win, but I wanna see more. I wanna see shump get an opportunity to be the primary ball carrier. I wanna see fitz go thru his progressions faster and start showing better accuracy. I wanna see Bryant, Gerri, and Richie start playing to their potential. I wanna see 2 halves of solid football. We've played 1 good half in each of the first 3 games, but we haven't played a full game yet.

What do you guys wanna see to give you a little hope for the rest of the season?

Fitz aint gonna change in one week but if you give him till the end of the year he will give you that. You have to not take him out and undermine him when his helmet comes off though....I agree we need to see better execution for more than 1 half. I can pretty much tell you that Holloway is gonna get the ball I'd be shocked if he didnt run between the tackles

Maroonthirteen
09-23-2016, 08:31 AM
Fitz aint gonna change in one week but if you give him till the end of the year he will give you that. You have to not take him out and undermine him when his helmet comes off though....I agree we need to see better execution for more than 1 half. I can pretty much tell you that Holloway is gonna get the ball I'd be shocked if he didnt run between the tackles

Yep...on the passing game. However, I am hoping for something a little more likely but I guess some may feel is more unlikely......and that is a running game plan. A game plan that we can work on this game and have ready for Auburn. I want to see Fitz read option, read option, read option. I want to see the OL blowing running lanes wide open.

However, I am afraid we will see.......Fitz pass, inside zone Holloway, Fitz Pass.

Dental Dawg33
09-23-2016, 08:43 AM
I never thought I'd say this but I too want to see shump get a chance to be the guy. He's been running angry as of late. I also want to see us come out with a gameplan and commit to something on offense. This Saturday I think it should be the run game. Come out against Umass and say we're gonna run it right at you and beat the hell out of you.

This. I want to ground an pound for the majority of the game. Shump and Williams, Fitz running the read option, throw a couple play actions in there. Don't get too cute. Just control the line, wear them down and win by 3 TDs or more.

justwin
09-23-2016, 09:47 AM
More than anything, need Fitz to complete some of those long throws for TDs and put some air under the ball. Would open it up. He just needs to put some more air on the balls and let Gray run under them as Gray is faster than most of the dbs he faced. Gray is our best WR and torched the LSU dbs.

Fitz flicked a 50 yard line drive to Gray from the LSU endzone. Throw it 60 or 65 yards with air and he scores easily. One other time same game Fitz underthrew him to the corner of the endzone and Gray played db at the goal line, but Gray had gotten behind the db yet again.

dawgs
09-23-2016, 10:02 AM
Y'all know dan will only do just enough to win tomorrow? Can't be showing auburn and bama and a&m and ole miss anything on film, gotta go out there and limp thru this one in order to be able to lose respectably in conference.

justwin
09-23-2016, 10:33 AM
Y'all know dan will only do just enough to win tomorrow? Can't be showing auburn and bama and a&m and ole miss anything on film, gotta go out there and limp thru this one in order to be able to lose respectably in conference.

You nailed it. Here's the thing, he didn't want to show Fitz to USC & LSU via the USA game. Cost him. Then, he plays Fitz vs USC and adamantly publicly commits to him like he should've done months before so that validates his approach of "hiding" game tape on his players. Then, he has to "hide" Aeris and other big backs vs USC so he doesn't show any film to LSU. Then, he opens up vs LSU and doesn't use any of the weapons he's been "hiding" vs previous teams until you've basically given away the game. So, what's the point, Dan? This approach only puts doubt in our younger players minds. There was a preseason Sallach interview where he redundantly spoke for 10 minutes about how hard it is to play in the SEC and "consistency" ~ that's so stupid and only adds undue mental pressure. Just go play them and have your best players get comfortable and beat the hell out of OOC opponents like 70-0 as only good things will come from scoring a bunch of points and featuring your best players. Running up the score vs crappy teams is how you accelerate a QB's growth...ask Freeze & Spurrier. That's what OOC games are for...to build confidence in your playmakers.

OOC games should not be participation awards or glorified practices.

This UMASS game should be our superbowl. Our young backs should split 40+ carries and get the entire team and fanbase energized and refocused. It's in the Patriots stadium of all places.

dawgs
09-23-2016, 11:01 AM
You nailed it. Here's the thing, he didn't want to show Fitz to USC & LSU via the USA game. Cost him. Then, he plays Fitz vs USC and adamantly publicly commits to him like he should've done months before so that validates his approach of "hiding" game tape on his players. Then, he has to "hide" Aeris and other big backs vs USC so he doesn't show any film to LSU. Then, he opens up vs LSU and doesn't use any of the weapons he's been "hiding" vs previous teams until you've basically given away the game. So, what's the point, Dan? This approach only puts doubt in our younger players minds. There was a preseason Sallach interview where he redundantly spoke for 10 minutes about how hard it is to play in the SEC and "consistency" ~ that's so stupid and only adds undue mental pressure. Just go play them and have your best players get comfortable and beat the hell out of OOC opponents like 70-0 as only good things will come from scoring a bunch of points and featuring your best players. Running up the score vs crappy teams is how you accelerate a QB's growth...ask Freeze & Spurrier. That's what OOC games are for...to build confidence in your playmakers.

OOC games should not be participation awards or glorified practices.

This UMASS game should be our superbowl. Our young backs should split 40+ carries and get the entire team and fanbase energized and refocused. It's in the Patriots stadium of all places.

Yep. Dan has "figured out" it's better to hide your playmakers than get them experience in game situations and actually run some plays for them. It's kinda like Cohen outsmarting himself with the lineups in baseball. Sometimes every other coach does it something for a reason, and to go against the grain is just outsmarting yourself.