PDA

View Full Version : New bulldog helmet idea

blacklistedbully
08-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Ok, so I also love the traditional interlocking MSU, but if we're gonna have an alternate Bulldog helmet, how about something more ferocious looking, like this? Excuse the lack of quality, as I'm not a graphic artist, but hopefully you get the idea.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae9/kellybully/Bulldog2_zpsa9084adb.jpg (http://s952.photobucket.com/user/kellybully/media/Bulldog2_zpsa9084adb.jpg.html)

blacklistedbully
08-30-2013, 10:47 AM
If I knew how, I'd change the facemask to white or maroon. I'd also add the players numbers to the front of the helmet, ala the Pittsburgh Steelers.

smootness
08-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Did you get that off NCAA Football? I'm pretty sure I've seen that logo before.

Anyway, no thanks. That one looks even more clip-artish than the current one. We don't have an identifiable bulldog logo, so to me we need to keep it off the helmet. In order of preference, I would like to see:

1) Interlocking MSU
2) The current M-State
3) Blank

Fader21
08-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Looks like maybe an old Brandon high logo

blacklistedbully
08-30-2013, 11:18 AM
Standard decal you can buy online from several places. I just tweaked it a bit. Just using it to give an idea of the style, something that looks more intimidating.

blacklistedbully
08-30-2013, 11:21 AM
The decal store I found it on had this example on a red helmet:

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae9/kellybully/XXLBULLDOGS-1-THUMB_zpsf962daea.jpg (http://s952.photobucket.com/user/kellybully/media/XXLBULLDOGS-1-THUMB_zpsf962daea.jpg.html)

TopDog58
08-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Nah that looks like shit. Not talking about your work on it, just the logo in general. That's no more MSU than the silhouette but its much more unflattering.

I don't mind the silhouette deal as a one time per year thing.

I heard someone on H2H yesterday whining about unis and saying that teams like Georgia, Alabama, and LSU have traditional unis and don't do all this stuff. Well, yea they have. Bama had the houndstooth numbered Nike pro combat unis a few years ago. Georgia played with black helmets and a black uniform. LSU had those gold helmets.

We aren't a major player, we have no uniform tradition. If the croots eat this shit up, I don't understand why people are so against it. It doesn't make sense to whine about our lack of recruiting and then bitch about our athletic department trying things to get kids interested in MSU.

regdawg18
08-30-2013, 11:54 AM
I dont like that. Not hating, just doesn't look good.

Bark
08-30-2013, 12:21 PM
This is not your forte.

War Machine Dawg
08-30-2013, 12:34 PM
I wish we'd use the current Bulldog-behind-the-M-Banner logo. I think that is our ideal logo if we can't have the old interlocking MSU. It keeps the M-Banner but also puts a distinguishable Bulldog on the helmet as branding. Wish I had graphic design skillz or I'd mock up one.

smootness
08-30-2013, 12:39 PM
I wish we'd use the current Bulldog-behind-the-M-Banner logo. I think that is our ideal logo if we can't have the old interlocking MSU. It keeps the M-Banner but also puts a distinguishable Bulldog on the helmet as branding. Wish I had graphic design skillz or I'd mock up one.

Gotta say, I think that would look awful on a helmet. I'm not a huge fan of that logo in general, but the helmet logo needs to be simple and non-cartoonish.

Hypnodawg
08-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Y'all really think the silhouette looks better than what blacklistedbully posted? I think the silhouette looks like complete ass.

BhamDawg
08-30-2013, 01:36 PM
That looks terrible

smootness
08-30-2013, 01:44 PM
Y'all really think the silhouette looks better than what blacklistedbully posted? I think the silhouette looks like complete ass.

Haha yes. I don't think the silhouette is all that great, but it is infinitely better than this.

blacklistedbully
08-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Persoanlly, I think the current silhouette is one of the worst, if not the worst helmet in all of sports.

A) It takes several seconds of focus to even figure out what it is.
B) When you do figure out what it is, it's milktoast-boring. I truly think it would look better if there was nothing at all, just a blank helmet compared to the current bulldog.