PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if Mullen is pissed

confucius say
09-21-2016, 08:14 PM
About the timing of ss going to Florida. If it were two years ago and he was #1 in the country with us in playoff hunt and going 10-2, he may very well be going to fl as muschamps successor instead of mcelwain.

msstatelp1
09-21-2016, 08:17 PM
About the timing of ss going to Florida. If it were two years ago and he was #1 in the country with us in playoff hunt and going 10-2, he may very well be going to fl as muschamps successor instead of mcelwain.

My understanding is that Mullen would never go to FL as long as Foley was the AD and Foley will still have some role in the department.

Apoplectic
09-21-2016, 08:20 PM
Mullen to AD

Thick
09-21-2016, 08:25 PM
Foley will still have an office there, and the new AD has to to retain all senior staff within the department.

lastmajordog
09-21-2016, 08:33 PM
I’m for Mullen being AD if it would keep Holloway from HAVING to run tween the tackles.....*******

MarketingBully
09-21-2016, 08:36 PM
Foley will still have an office there, and the new AD has to to retain all senior staff within the department.

Yep, now I really know why they have been rejected so much. That sounds to me like Foley will still try to control it when he is retired. I don't care how much they pay, if I was Strick that would give me pause.

Political Hack
09-21-2016, 08:36 PM
My understanding is that Mullen would never go to FL as long as Foley was the AD and Foley will still have some role in the department.

I wonder if he'd go if Scott Stricklin was the AD?

confucius say
09-21-2016, 09:11 PM

What? No way I'd go there then. It's obvious Foley and those in power want to still call the shots behind the scenes. Sounds like recipe for a power struggle.

Schultzy
09-21-2016, 09:16 PM
What? No way I'd go there then. It's obvious Foley and those in power want to still call the shots behind the scenes. Sounds like recipe for a power struggle.

I'd let them have all the power, make all the decisions, be a figurehead and collect my guaranteed 1.5 over five in a heartbeat.

msbulldog
09-21-2016, 09:19 PM
Crazy deal, but a lot of money, I know I could be a yes man for 1.4 mil/annum.

confucius say
09-21-2016, 09:23 PM
I'd let them have all the power, make all the decisions, be a figurehead and collect my guaranteed 1.5 over five in a heartbeat.

Yea but are you a type a, this is my show type of person? Are you willing for your legacy as a sucesss or failure to be decided by other people?

confucius say
09-21-2016, 09:25 PM
Crazy deal, but a lot of money, I know I could be a yes man for 1.4 mil/annum.

What if you could have a million a year and call the shots? Both are good choices, an I guess that's larger picture. Ss is in a win-win situation.

msbulldog
09-21-2016, 09:27 PM
What if you could have a million a year and call the shots? Both are good choices, an I guess that's larger picture. Ss is in a win-win situation.

Okay give me the choice, I'm in!

Schultzy
09-21-2016, 09:43 PM
Yea but are you a type a, this is my show type of person? Are you willing for your legacy as a sucesss or failure to be decided by other people?

$7,500,000.00 before taxes is not failing. Even if the old retired guy behind the scenes screws it up. Plus by then they'll just hire you on with a pat job at the conference office in B'ham.

Then there's a good chance for football success in your tenure with McElwain I think.

Bothrops
09-21-2016, 09:46 PM
I don't think Mullen ever expected to be here for 8 years. I doubt he envisioned being anywhere this long at such an early point in his HC career.

Really Clark?
09-21-2016, 09:58 PM
$7,500,000.00 before taxes is not failing. Even if the old retired guy behind the scenes screws it up. Plus by then they'll just hire you on with a pat job at the conference office in B'ham.

Then there's a good chance for football success in your tenure with McElwain I think.

Before taxes but no state income tax in Florida. Of course other things will balance some of that out but still

Bass Chaser
09-21-2016, 10:13 PM
Lateral move.**

dickiedawg
09-22-2016, 07:19 AM
What's funny is a lot of people don't think Stricklin calls the shots here. But having Foley looking over his shoulder is somehow a bad thing.

MSUDawg99
09-22-2016, 10:21 AM

Why is Foley even retiring if he doesn't want to step down & quit working? This is my biggest question in all of this. And not to mention, Spurrier is back on staff & will say & do whatever he wants also...which makes for good comic relief for the rest of us, but...

maroonmania
09-22-2016, 11:03 AM

That's the reason 3 or 4 folks have already turned the job down. If SS goes is strictly about the money, its a great athletics program but its not an ideal situation to be working in.

Really Clark?
09-22-2016, 11:09 AM
That's the reason 3 or 4 folks have already turned the job down. If SS goes is strictly about the money, its a great athletics program but its not an ideal situation to be working in.

Who are the 3-4 that have turned it down? Scott was and is their top choice and first offer was to him.

confucius say
09-22-2016, 11:13 AM
Who are the 3-4 that have turned it down? Scott was and is their top choice and first offer was to him.

Byrne for one. Not sure how all that went down

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/athletic-director-greg-byrne-staying-with-arizona-wildcats-despite-florida/article_752035f2-77c4-11e6-8efc-87e72718be64.html

Really Clark?
09-22-2016, 11:17 AM
Byrne for one. Not sure how all that went down

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/athletic-director-greg-byrne-staying-with-arizona-wildcats-despite-florida/article_752035f2-77c4-11e6-8efc-87e72718be64.html

Yeah I knew Byrne did...see a pattern. Went after Scott first and then Byrne and back to Scott. Both did exceptional jobs here. Just haven't seen all these other AD's being offered. Maybe I missed the other 3

NCDawg
09-22-2016, 11:32 AM

Wonder why Foley disliked Mullen so much. Possibly because he told Foley that the only way he would be coach is if Hevesy was OL coach.

Really Clark?
09-22-2016, 12:22 PM
Wonder why Foley disliked Mullen so much. Possibly because he told Foley that the only way he would be coach is if Hevesy was OL coach.

That had nothing to do with it. Supposedly it goes back to when he was OC at Florida. Their personalities clashed. And Foley and Urban ended up having issues in the end as well.