PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cowherd

oildawg
09-21-2016, 05:04 PM
I had never heard of Colin Cowherd - until recently when I saw where he was dissing on Dak. So, with Dak's rise, I wanted to listen to Cowherd's radio program - to hear him eat crow... To my surprise, the Cowherd is a really good radio guy. Good voice, interesting content..... very good podcast. He has over a million followers on Twitter. So, for the first time ever, for the last 2 days, I have listened to his podcast (The Herd) while I'm exercising.

He has admitted he was wrong on Dak, and says that Dak has the "IT" factor, much like Russell Wilson. Cowherd has said that he doesn't think Dak is as talented as some QB's (Winston, Garoppolo, Wentz), but Dak has a great supporting offensive cast, an offensive minded head coach, etc - so he thinks Dak will continue to be successful.

Recently, Cowherd was saying the overall NFL ratings were down 10% (likely because of the Presidential debates and news) - but on Fox, the NFL game ratings were not down at all. So, Cowherd asked, why is Fox's NFL game ratings not down when everybody else's ratings are down? Because, Fox covers Cowboys games & Dak is the reason for their great rating results.

https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd/status/777604745175322624

Mjoelner34
09-21-2016, 05:07 PM
I liked this tweet in that thread:

With a name like "Dak Prescott" you're born to be a NFL QB. That or a fighter pilot with a drinking problem

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2016, 05:13 PM
I disagree with much of what Cowherd says, but he's the most thought provoking radio guy I've ever heard. I've listened to him for 10 years and he's had an effect on the way I think and observe.

Turfdawg67
09-21-2016, 05:13 PM
17 Cowturd

BigEasyDawg
09-21-2016, 05:15 PM
Some stuff cowherd says I disagree with, but what radio head doesn't say things someone doesn't agree with? I like him because he always speaks his mind and goes against the PC ESPN flock. He always has fresh takes on everything.

oildawg
09-21-2016, 05:16 PM
Good comment, shotgun - he is thought provoking... I think I'm getting addicted to listening to his program. I loved his segment about Iowa being a "poser" (a team that didn't really deserve any real accolades because they only play non-conference weaklings.....one of which beat them on Saturday - North Dakota State).

CarolinaDawgs
09-21-2016, 05:18 PM
The cowherd and whitlock show (Speak for Yourself) is pretty damn good.

gtowndawg
09-21-2016, 05:18 PM
Probably 5 or 6 years ago, Boise State opened up with Virgigia Tech at FedEx field. This was when Boise was top 5. Anyway, huge game to open the season and Boise won at the very end.

I remember listening to Cowherd the next Monday and all these Boise people though they just won the national championship. Cowherd said it was one game they had to really get up for and play well for the whole year. Or as he told a caller, "You know what they call that in the SEC? ....... Saturday."

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2016, 05:19 PM
The cowherd and whitlock show (Speak for Yourself) is pretty damn good.

Whitlock may be one of the smartest people in America.

His thought process is outstanding.

CarolinaDawgs
09-21-2016, 05:22 PM
Whitlock may be one of the smartest people in America.

His though process is outstanding.

His takes on the Kaepernick thing and most of the PC shit that ESPN perpetuates are gold.

confucius say
09-21-2016, 05:27 PM
Cowherd and Dan Patrick are best radio guys I've heard. Very different but both great. Dp is a better interviewer.

Dolphus Raymond
09-21-2016, 05:57 PM
Loved Dan Patrick since he was on Atlanta television.

Beaver
09-21-2016, 06:14 PM
I've listened to Cowherd on and off for 6 or 7 years now. He pisses me off all the time, yet I keep coming back to hear what he has to say...

RougeDawg
09-21-2016, 06:45 PM
I disagree with much of what Cowherd says, but he's the most thought provoking radio guy I've ever heard. I've listened to him for 10 years and he's had an effect on the way I think and observe.

Ahhhhh... Now it all makes sense.**

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-21-2016, 06:59 PM
Cowherd has always been my favorite radio guy. He's very thought provoking and usually makes a strong and thoughtful arguement whether you agree with his viewpoint or not. He's also not afraid to rail against political correctness or call people out for bs (like Iowa as someone else mentioned)

In regards to Dak, I think he had to be hard on him during the preseason to try to save face for calling him a backup tight end at some point in Dak's time at State. Since the season has started he's gotten much better, even went as far as calling him the 4th most talented rookie QB but with the 3rd best odds of succeeding (Behind Wentz and the Pats guy) due to the supporting cast and coaching he has at Dallas

was21
09-21-2016, 07:15 PM
Phyllis??

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
09-21-2016, 08:01 PM
Patrick is Good...probably the best right now.

Spiderman
09-21-2016, 08:20 PM
Screw Cowherd and every other national guy.

He dogged Dak as a Jr and Sr. Why? because like every other national, he has to be shown, again, every time when it comes to State. He never came down here, he didn't watch him play much and he damn sure never sat down and talked with him. But he "knew" all about Dak... Tebow 2.

While being too damn lazy and typical to understand that from midway thru Dak's Jr year and all of his Sr year that he ,unlike Tebow ,ran basically an Air Raid offense. And did it his Sr year with a below avg. O-Line.

He's a dumbass who couldn't coach the o line of a jr high team but is an expert on who will make the NFL.

DudyDawg
09-21-2016, 08:35 PM
Yeah he never saw dak play in person!!! How can he form an opinion!!!

Spiderman
09-21-2016, 08:45 PM
Yeah he never saw dak play in person!!! How can he form an opinion!!!

I didn't say he had to watch him in person.

msstate7
09-21-2016, 08:55 PM
Cowherd has always been my favorite radio guy. He's very thought provoking and usually makes a strong and thoughtful arguement whether you agree with his viewpoint or not. He's also not afraid to rail against political correctness or call people out for bs (like Iowa as someone else mentioned)

In regards to Dak, I think he had to be hard on him during the preseason to try to save face for calling him a backup tight end at some point in Dak's time at State. Since the season has started he's gotten much better, even went as far as calling him the 4th most talented rookie QB but with the 3rd best odds of succeeding (Behind Wentz and the Pats guy) due to the supporting cast and coaching he has at Dallas

Cowherd thinks brissett is more talented than Dak? Garoppolo isn't a rookie

confucius say
09-21-2016, 09:13 PM
Screw Cowherd and every other national guy.

He dogged Dak as a Jr and Sr. Why? because like every other national, he has to be shown, again, every time when it comes to State. He never came down here, he didn't watch him play much and he damn sure never sat down and talked with him. But he "knew" all about Dak... Tebow 2.

While being too damn lazy and typical to understand that from midway thru Dak's Jr year and all of his Sr year that he ,unlike Tebow ,ran basically an Air Raid offense. And did it his Sr year with a below avg. O-Line.

He's a dumbass who couldn't coach the o line of a jr high team but is an expert on who will make the NFL.

I hear ya. But he also had admitted he was wrong. Not many nationals would do that.

confucius say
09-21-2016, 09:15 PM

No he said garoppolo. He said young qb, not rookies. I disagree with him on garoppolo though.

Spiderman
09-22-2016, 06:35 AM
I hear ya. But he also had admitted he was wrong. Not many nationals would do that.

After looking a fool in the pre season and after the 1st game.

He still says Dak isn't very talented, says he has the people around him are the main cause of his success.

He has moved from way left to middle on Dak, so he can now ride the fence.

DanDority
09-22-2016, 08:58 AM

He still says Dak isn't very talented, says he has the people around him are the main cause of his success.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Spiderman again.

Tbonewannabe
09-22-2016, 09:32 AM
No he said garoppolo. He said young qb, not rookies. I disagree with him on garoppolo though.

Belichek made Matt Cassell into a big time free agent. He is able to make QBs look good no matter how talented they really are. Dak and Brissett went head to head and Dak was head and shoulders better in the game. Dak also looked better at the combine. For whatever reason Dak fell to the 4th round but he is proving that he belonged in the 1st.

confucius say
09-22-2016, 11:16 AM

No question he has been wrong on dak.

confucius say
09-22-2016, 11:17 AM
Belichek made Matt Cassell into a big time free agent. He is able to make QBs look good no matter how talented they really are. Dak and Brissett went head to head and Dak was head and shoulders better in the game. Dak also looked better at the combine. For whatever reason Dak fell to the 4th round but he is proving that he belonged in the 1st.

Brisset is not good. At all

MadDawg
09-22-2016, 01:30 PM
Cowherd is a dumb ass.

But I can certainly understand how having incredibly moronic sports takes is popular with some of you.

DudyDawg
09-22-2016, 01:36 PM

Probably off field stuff that made him slip some.

DownwardDawg
09-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Cowherd is a dumb ass.

But I can certainly understand how having incredibly moronic sports takes is popular with some of you.

^^^This^^^^^
He is a whole new level of stupid.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-22-2016, 07:42 PM
It was Garoppolo. The parameters must have been QBs drafted within the last 2-3 years that are starting now.