PDA

View Full Version : Smokey says he's been getting twitter venom.....

Taog Redloh
09-21-2016, 04:49 PM
...in the Clarion Ledger article.

Serious question - what possesses our fans to trash our players on a PERSONAL SOCIAL MEDIA outlet? All it can do is hurt....and they punch the haters in the face, like he would if he was standing face to face with them.

World is full of damn haters.

Political Hack
09-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Agree. Absurd to go after our own. Especially a guy that's putting blood, sweat, and tears into our team.

Really Clark?
09-21-2016, 04:56 PM
We do eat our own. Although I always suspect a percentage are not fans of our school.

I seen it dawg
09-21-2016, 05:01 PM
You live by social media when everything is good then you got to take the shit that comes with it. All these kids now believe that oxygen comes from social media. Well...shit comes from it too and learning to live with it is part of it. It's their reality now. Somebody talks bad about them and they can't handle it. Who gives a **** about what people say about them? Weak people.

Smokey needs to not worry about that shit and just go do his job. Or heaven forbid get the **** off Twitter.

msstate7
09-21-2016, 05:01 PM
How did the CL know to ask smokey about it or did smokey bring it up? Just wondering how it came up...

I think a good practice for grown men would be to not tweet prospects, commits, or players if you don't know them personally.

PassInterference
09-21-2016, 05:04 PM
Smokey is trying. He is learning as fast as he can. Everybody including Smokey hates it when he makes a bad play.

Anybody wants hate on somebody for not having better CBs look at Mullen.

Twitter...he should look away. That's fans talking to each other. Hell, imagine if he knew what people in the stands were saying.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2016, 05:04 PM
Welcome to SEC football Smokey. I disagree with fans doing that, but it's the reality of SEC football. It's what you signed up for. Not everyone is cut out for it and that's fine.

For better or worse SEC football players are public figures and public figures get criticized. It only matters how you deal with it. Every fan base does it and frankly it's a dumb conversation.

If your tired of it, then quit or play better. Complaining is a waste of time

Funny how winners never complain about this.

Jack Lambert
09-21-2016, 05:06 PM
Isn't this social media? I hear guys hear all the time bash players and yes I have asked some former players and they do read.

JDog13
09-21-2016, 05:11 PM
Just Bonner doing his part to be hated. Maybe he'll ask the wide receivers why they catch passes from one qb, and drop them for the other. Maybe he'll ask Holloway why he keeps running up the middle. Maybe he'll go to Florida with Strick.

Johnson85
09-21-2016, 05:17 PM
How did the CL know to ask smokey about it or did smokey bring it up? Just wondering how it came up...

I think a good practice for grown men would be to not tweet people if you don't know them personally.

FTFY

I would actually fix it by just deleting everything after "tweet", but I'm trying to be open minded.

I seen it dawg
09-21-2016, 05:19 PM
Speaking for myself it's a low mentality escape from what I have to do in the real world. Talk about my schools sports on this board with like minded, albeit different, people. Yes it's social media but there isn't ever one thing on here written that affects anything I do on a daily basis.

**Except the recommendation for the bacon cheeseburger and onion rings with house dressing and hot sauce at Jims Cafe in Greenville. Holy shit a life-changer.

msstate7
09-21-2016, 05:21 PM
FTFY

I would actually fix it by just deleting everything after "tweet", but I'm trying to be open minded.

Even better

Todd4State
09-21-2016, 05:21 PM
It's funny that this is being brought up right now because we had a big staff meeting where I work and one of the lawyers where I work (not a law firm) was talking about social media and how when my company hires someone they do background checks which include everything that is put on facebook and twitter by potential employees and they see EVERYTHING. And it can affect being hired at least where I work.

Something to think about the next time someone thinks about venting via social media.

Really Clark?
09-21-2016, 05:29 PM
It's funny that this is being brought up right now because we had a big staff meeting where I work and one of the lawyers where I work (not a law firm) was talking about social media and how when my company hires someone they do background checks which include everything that is put on facebook and twitter by potential employees and they see EVERYTHING. And it can affect being hired at least where I work.

Something to think about the next time someone thinks about venting via social media.

Great point and it's not stopping even after you are hired. More and more are losing their jobs over stuff they post. Whether it's inappropriate and against company policy or negative posts about the company.

msbulldog
09-21-2016, 05:36 PM
I have 2 things to say:
1. If you spend a little more time minding your own business, you won't have any time to mind the business of others.
2. If you won't say something to someones face don't say it on twitter, if you do you are a 17ing chickensh_t worm.

Vandelay Industries
09-21-2016, 05:41 PM
LSU's Brandon Harris was getting death threats after the Wisconsin game. People who do this are complete scumbags

Todd4State
09-21-2016, 05:41 PM
Great point and it's not stopping even after you are hired. More and more are losing their jobs over stuff they post. Whether it's inappropriate and against company policy or negative posts about the company.

That's true. In the same meeting, they mentioned that as well. Of course I work in a hospital and they're mainly worried about HIPPA type stuff being put on facebook, but they also mentioned that they look for and monitor posts and tweets about negative things where I work as well.

Bothrops
09-21-2016, 05:45 PM
I would have left him at receiver and he'd be getting praise by now.

Taog Redloh
09-21-2016, 05:46 PM
I have 2 things to say:
1. If you spend a little more time minding your own business, you won't have any time to mind the business of others.
2. If you won't say something to someones face don't say it on twitter, if you do you are a 17ing chickensh_t worm.

This is my stance too.

Todd4State
09-21-2016, 06:10 PM
I would have left him at receiver and he'd be getting praise by now.

If it were me, I would put him at nickleback and then roll with Peters and Giles who comes back for Auburn a the other corner spot. I feel kind of bad for Graham- he should have been redshirted and then he has switched positions and now because of injuries he has been kind of thrown out there to sink or swim. That's why I haven't been hard on him on the Internet. He dropped a lot of passes at WR his freshman year- but again he should have been redshirted and he certainly would have improved at receiver by now.

Really Clark?
09-21-2016, 06:14 PM
If it were me, I would put him at nickleback and then roll with Peters and Giles who comes back for Auburn a the other corner spot. I feel kind of bad for Graham- he should have been redshirted and then he has switched positions and now because of injuries he has been kind of thrown out there to sink or swim. That's why I haven't been hard on him on the Internet. He dropped a lot of passes at WR his freshman year- but again he should have been redshirted and he certainly would have improved at receiver by now.

I don't mind Graham at nickle but I think Durr has been pretty good so far at the other corner.

Todd4State
09-21-2016, 06:19 PM
I don't mind Graham at nickle but I think Durr has been pretty good so far at the other corner.

I think Durr has been good too. I wouldn’t bench him because he should start for sure. I would have Peters/Giles share the other cornerback spot though. That way you get Peters some experience without overexposing him and you limit the injury prone Giles’s snaps.

Dan will probably just start Giles over Graham in a couple of weeks if I had to guess.

Really Clark?
09-21-2016, 06:21 PM
I think Durr has been good too. I wouldn’t bench him because he should start for sure. I would have Peters/Giles share the other cornerback spot though. That way you get Peters some experience without overexposing him and you limit the injury prone Giles’s snaps.

Dan will probably just start Giles over Graham in a couple of weeks if I had to guess.

Yeah. Gotcha. I agree with that.

GreenheadDawg
09-21-2016, 06:23 PM
At the end of the day it's just a damn game. People take this shit way to seriously. If you think it's a good idea to bash a 19-20 year old kid because he's not Richard Sherman, then you suck as a person. I get pissed at Smokey just as much as the next guy but I'm pretty sure the kid is trying his hardest.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-21-2016, 06:24 PM

He dropped passes or was it the muffed punts that caused the move? I don't recall the drops.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-21-2016, 06:25 PM
Isn't this social media? I hear guys hear all the time bash players and yes I have asked some former players and they do read.

If that's the case, this is child's play. If they want to see hate, send them over to the SEC rant LOL

msstate7
09-21-2016, 06:26 PM
He dropped passes or was it the muffed punts that caused the move? I don't recall the drops.

Dropped a td vs aTm... only drop I remember. He was shakey fielding punts, but he looked dangerous if he held on

Really Clark?
09-21-2016, 06:27 PM
At the end of the day it's just a damn game. People take this shit way to seriously. If you think it's a good idea to bash a 19-20 year old kid because he's not Richard Sherman, then you suck as a person. I get pissed at Smokey just as much as the next guy but I'm pretty sure the kid is trying his hardest.

Agree 1000%

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-21-2016, 06:28 PM
Dropped a td vs aTm... only drop I remember. He was shakey fielding punts, but he looked dangerous if he held on

Cool, thanks...yeah when he was fielding punts it seemed like a punt with a hang time of 4 seconds would last a minute waiting to see if he would bobble it or take it for a big gain.

Schultzy
09-21-2016, 09:27 PM
So we have a guy not playing very good football, gets ragged on Twitter probably by some other college kid and then complains about it to the clarion ledger.

Todd4State
09-21-2016, 09:36 PM

Well, he didn't play a ton because he was dropping the ball. But I remember three drops in very limited action at WR. And then there were the misplayed punts that are more prominent. It was probably some of both.

M.Fillmore
09-21-2016, 10:27 PM

This is true unless Diddy can get you a job working for the Governor. In that case, then you can say anything you want no matter how goofy.

msbulldog
09-21-2016, 10:30 PM
This is true unless Diddy can get you a job working for the Governor. In that case, then you can saying anything you want no matter how goofy.

Now that's funny and pertinent.