PDA

View Full Version : High schooler with Down syndrome scores TD with terminally ill mother watching

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-21-2016, 03:33 PM
Prepare yourself, the onions are strong with this one: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/09/high-school-football-water-boy-down-syndrome-touchdown-mother

Senior Robby Heil, who has Down syndrome, has been the Novi High School football team?s water boy for four years. The school?s coach worked together with the coach of the opposing school to have Heil enter the game for a play that wouldn?t count on the scoreboard, but would be treasured for a long time by all of them.

In the first half, Heil ran for a 36-yard touchdown.

http://detne.ws/2defZti

It's so awesome to see the kids on his team and the other team embrace him and make him feel like he was king of the world. Kudos to all involved.

starkvegasdawg
09-21-2016, 04:26 PM
Damn you for putting things in perspective.

Political Hack
09-21-2016, 04:48 PM
No way I can watch that. I'm a bigger softie than Laremy Tunsil.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-21-2016, 10:53 PM
But for the grace of god we go........

TUSK
09-21-2016, 11:18 PM
MDL woulda made that RB run 50 stadiums for spiking that ball after the TD...

JK...

It's stuff, just like that, that allows me to think we might not be unredeemable...

Gutter Cobreh
09-22-2016, 07:26 AM
You know it's good when you have an idea of what is going to happen, and yet the mist still descends in your eyes as you watch the happiness this brings that kid. Wish we saw more of these kind acts. Thanks for posting!

blacklistedbully
09-22-2016, 04:37 PM
You know it's good when you have an idea of what is going to happen, and yet the mist still descends in your eyes as you watch the happiness this brings that kid. Wish we saw more of these kind acts. Thanks for posting!

Or the dying mother who got to experience that compassion for her son.

msbulldog
09-22-2016, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the post, started not to watch it like Hack I cut a lot of onions.
Things like this prove there is some decency left in this world.