PDA

View Full Version : Freezus Makes Another "Mistake"

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2016, 01:40 PM
According to the Boneyard, Freezus attended the Starkville @ Oxford game before the Sep 1st evaluation period began. Rosey said coaches can get waivers to attend high school games prior to Sep 1st, but those are granted to coaches that are parents of players or relatives. Additionally, if granted the waiver, coaches can't attend the game in an official capacity. Meaning no official school logos and no sideline pass.

Freeze was decked out in Ole Miss gear on the sideline with no family member playing.

Minor mistake, but yet another mistake nonetheless

Political Hack
09-21-2016, 01:42 PM
Lets not jump to conclusions. Maybe he adopted someone? They've done it before.

dawgday166
09-21-2016, 01:42 PM
He wasn't aware of that rule. There was NO intent to violate a rule here **** Move on please.

BeardoMSU
09-21-2016, 01:43 PM
I'm sure when he stepped off the helicopter, he just assumed he was in Haiti.**

WinningIsRelentless
09-21-2016, 01:45 PM
We might need to put a personal protection detail together for ole Rosey

Tbonewannabe
09-21-2016, 01:50 PM
He just went to save souls, he didn't realize a football game was being played. He is just preaching to the masses.

BeastMan
09-21-2016, 01:56 PM
Daughter is a cheerleader, trainer, water girl, or something. There was an explanation about this I was told about as soon as it happened. The explanation was why he was there. I didn't know about the school logo stuff. He was in Brandon the next day.

starkvegasdawg
09-21-2016, 01:59 PM
It's ok. He was just there handing out copies of his latest glamour shoot trying to gauge opinion if he can make it as a model.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55c28298e4b0b4d5c26f74e1/t/572b7365859fd0547f136527/1462465386444/

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2016, 02:01 PM
Daughter is a cheerleader, trainer, water girl, or something. There was an explanation about this I was told about as soon as it happened. The explanation was why he was there. I didn't know about the school logo stuff. He was in Brandon the next day.

Yes. Rosebowl said even if he received the proper waiver, your not there in an official capacity.

99% of the time this is a harmless non story, but not for a coach that already makes numerous other mistakes. Under his current circumstances, it's either complete incompetence or arrogance to continue to make mistakes

messageboardsuperhero
09-21-2016, 02:01 PM
He had to get a waiver to even go to the game, so he had to have been made aware by the compliance office where he was and was not allow to watch the game and wear.

Either the UM coaches are willfully cheating to gain a recruiting advantage... Or they are absolutely stupid and unaware of any of the basic rules- yet are also somehow able to pass the NCAA's exam every year. You decide.

Is this minor? Yes, but it continues to clearly display the pattern that they have shown since Freeze got there. And if I was a HC under investigation, my ass would not be doing dumb shit like that.

blacklistedbully
09-21-2016, 02:02 PM

:D

BeastMan
09-21-2016, 02:11 PM
Yes. Rosebowl said even if he received the proper waiver, your not there in an official capacity.

99% of the time this is a harmless non story, but not for a coach that already makes numerous other mistakes. Under his current circumstances, it's either complete incompetence or arrogance to continue to make mistakes

Are we surprised he keeps "making mistakes"? People forget he was specifically named in secondary violations when he was on the Orgeron staff. He knows the rules and intentionally breaks them. Nothing Saban doesn't do but Saban also hasn't said he uses faith based recruiting or said he believes his success is attributed to "God's favor".

RocketDawg
09-21-2016, 02:22 PM
]He had to get a waiver to even go to the game,[/B] so he had to have been made aware by the compliance office where he was and was not allow to watch the game and wear.

Either the UM coaches are willfully cheating to gain a recruiting advantage... Or they are absolutely stupid and unaware of any of the basic rules- yet are also somehow able to pass the NCAA's exam every year. You decide.

Is this minor? Yes, but it continues to clearly display the pattern that they have shown since Freeze got there. And if I was a HC under investigation, my ass would not be doing dumb shit like that.

It's quite possible that he didn't get a waiver, and the high school didn't know it was required (or were honored by his presence) and let him on the sideline anyway. They obviously knew who he was.

Which sideline was he on ... Oxford or Starkville?

messageboardsuperhero
09-21-2016, 02:34 PM
It's quite possible that he didn't get a waiver, and the high school didn't know it was required (or were honored by his presence) and let him on the sideline anyway. They obviously knew who he was.

Which sideline was he on ... Oxford or Starkville?

If he didn't get a waiver, that's an even more blatant violation- as the fall evaluation period hadn't started yet.

TimberBeast
09-21-2016, 03:31 PM
A speeding ticket is a minor violation, but 3 of them in the same year gets your driver's license suspended. These minor ones are piling up.

Tripp McNeely
09-21-2016, 03:42 PM
If he didn't get a waiver, that's an even more blatant violation- as the fall evaluation period hadn't started yet.

Of course he didn't get a waiver! Why would he be granted one??? That's what Steve's implying!

Tripp McNeely
09-21-2016, 03:43 PM
According to the Boneyard, Freezus attended the Starkville @ Oxford game before the Sep 1st evaluation period began. Rosey said coaches can get waivers to attend high school games prior to Sep 1st, but those are granted to coaches that are parents of players or relatives. Additionally, if granted the waiver, coaches can't attend the game in an official capacity. Meaning no official school logos and no sideline pass.

Freeze was decked out in Ole Miss gear on the sideline with no family member playing.

Minor mistake, but yet another mistake nonetheless

Why is Steve putting this in his "Boneyard" and not emailing it to the tsun compliance office????? ***

mic
09-21-2016, 03:47 PM

Well played...

messageboardsuperhero
09-21-2016, 04:02 PM
Of course he didn't get a waiver! Why would he be granted one??? That's what Steve's implying!

I took the implication as he has a kid that is involved with Oxford HS (cheerleader, in the band, is a water boy/water girl, etc) and was granted a waiver to go see them. It's a seemingly normal thing- but you're not allowed to be there on an "evaluation basis." Meaning you can't stand on the sideline, wear the school colors, etc. You must sit in the stands and just be a parent.

I took it as Freeze was granted said waiver to see his kid perform for OHS in some capacity- but instead of being a regular parent in the stands like the rule states, he was on the sideline, decked out in UM gear, motioning and waiving to Willie Gay, etc. Maybe I misunderstood though...

EngDawg
09-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Mistakes were made

TheRef
09-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Mistakes were made

Exemplary cooperation

maroonmania
09-21-2016, 04:30 PM
I think I understand Freeze's take on this. Essentially, if you never read a rulebook or bother to be informed of the rules then you are totally free to do whatever you want in recruiting and still claim that there was no "intent" to break rules. I mean how can you intend to break a rule if you purposely keep yourself totally ignorant of it.

LC Dawg
09-21-2016, 04:33 PM
He said all he owns are Ole Miss shirts and clergy robes and he thought it was too hot to wear a robe.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2016, 04:35 PM
He said all he owns are Ole Miss shirts and clergy robes and he thought it was too hot to wear a robe.

Would be a perfect excuse if coaches didn't have to pass a recruiting test each year.

RocketDawg
09-21-2016, 06:06 PM
Would be a perfect excuse if coaches didn't have to pass a recruiting test each year.

Maybe someone took it for him.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-21-2016, 06:14 PM
Maybe someone took it for him.

Like a "Ginny" Pig?

Token Bammer
09-21-2016, 06:26 PM
Are we surprised he keeps "making mistakes"? People forget he was specifically named in secondary violations when he was on the Orgeron staff. He knows the rules and intentionally breaks them. Nothing Saban doesn't do but Saban also hasn't said he uses faith based recruiting or said he believes his success is attributed to "God's favor".

Saban and Alabama, just like every other major university, commits secondary violations and REPORTS them.

RocketDawg
09-21-2016, 06:53 PM
Seems like that should be more than a secondary violation since it could have a huge influence on the players. Why would he not do all he can if it's self-reportable and basically not punishable?

LC Dawg
09-21-2016, 07:08 PM
Seems like that should be more than a secondary violation since it could have a huge influence on the players. Why would he not do all he can if it's self-reportable and basically not punishable?
Schools are punished for self reported infractions. I'm sure the NCAA is not going to be happy about even minor secondary infractions that occur during an ongoing investigation even if they are self reported.

MSUDawg99
09-21-2016, 07:15 PM
I think I understand Freeze's take on this. Essentially, if you never read a rulebook or bother to be informed of the rules then you are totally free to do whatever you want in recruiting and still claim that there was no "intent" to break rules. I mean how can you intend to break a rule if you purposely keep yourself totally ignorant of it.

Because you take a test every year that says you do, in fact, know & understand the rules. He's not ignorant of it, nor can he claim ignorance. How much must he have cheated on crootin test if he doesn't know the rules?

Bodaski
09-21-2016, 09:33 PM

That excuse won't fly for sure. All coaches have to take a test provided by the NCAA that they understand, will abide by the rules. If you don't pass this test I don't think you are allowed to recruit at all. So his "it was a mistake" is a damn lie!