09-20-2016, 09:28 PM
"What happens when "mistakes" continue to be made?"

DancingRabbit
09-20-2016, 10:26 PM
Mistake-prone

Soon to be just prone

BossDawg
09-20-2016, 10:33 PM
Hmmmm.....nice. I know Freeze made a lot of mistakes, he said so himself.

bobtail bob
09-20-2016, 10:33 PM
Sounds like mistakes have become habits.....

TrapGame
09-21-2016, 07:51 AM
If it happens once it's a mistake. If it happens ten times it's on purpose.

They're 17'd ten different ways from Sunday.

Technetium
09-21-2016, 08:57 AM
Was he referencing continuing "mistakes" (as in currently), or simply that they were serial "mistake-makers" based on the current NOA? Clearly hoping they're stupid enough for it to be the former...

FISHDAWG
09-21-2016, 09:15 AM
Was he referencing continuing "mistakes" (as in currently), or simply that they were serial "mistake-makers" based on the current NOA? Clearly hoping they're stupid enough for it to be the former...

or is he referencing Holloway up the middle ?

archdog
09-21-2016, 09:16 AM
or is he referencing Holloway up the middle ?

Damn, that is what I was going to say.

TNDawg35
09-21-2016, 10:57 AM
So I wonder how all this would turn out of the NCAA fig out they are still paying recruits? Thinking SMU type shit. Death penalty with out the term being used... NM might literally burn if thats the case...

msstate7
09-21-2016, 11:01 AM
So I wonder how all this would turn out of the NCAA fig out they are still paying recruits? Thinking SMU type shit. Death penalty with out the term being used... NM might literally burn if thats the case...

I would rather om get hit with 40-45 scholarship reduction, 2 year bowl ban, and 2-3 show causes, but not freeze. I would rather freeze have to coach his way thru sanctions like the above. Won't happen though, freeze will be crucified by the NCAA and resurrected at a juco school in Mississippi.

RougeDawg
09-21-2016, 11:05 AM
Ill just leave this here. The NCAA knows about Greg Little and Shea Patterson's arrangements with Om. They are just connecting the dots at this point. All of this occurred well after the first NOA and almost 4 years after the investigation commenced. So yea, they are still "making mistakes" and aren't stopping any time soon. Let's not forget they bought little this past year out from under numerous top programs, NOT UNDER A 3+ YEAR INVESTIGATION.

spbdawg
09-21-2016, 11:12 AM
#

confucius say
09-21-2016, 11:17 AM
Ill just leave this here. The NCAA knows about Greg Little and Shea Patterson's arrangements with Om. They are just connecting the dots at this point. All of this occurred well after the first NOA and almost 4 years after the investigation commenced. So yea, they are still "making mistakes" and aren't stopping any time soon. Let's not forget they bought little this past year out from under numerous top programs, NOT UNDER A 3+ YEAR INVESTIGATION.

What arrangements?

starkvegasdawg
09-21-2016, 11:19 AM
I would rather om get hit with 40-45 scholarship reduction, 2 year bowl ban, and 2-3 show causes, but not freeze. I would rather freeze have to coach his way thru sanctions like the above. Won't happen though, freeze will be crucified by the NCAA and resurrected at a juco school in Mississippi.

No, I want Freeze hammered for all the world to see. I want to see the holier than thou poster child of TSUN exposed for the con artist he is. With the level sanctions we are anticipating they get there isn't a snowball's chance they hire anybody of competence to take his place.

BeardoMSU
09-21-2016, 11:21 AM
What arrangements?

The "edible" variety...**

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2013-10/enhanced/webdr01/18/18/enhanced-buzz-24406-1382136371-4.jpg

TrapGame
09-21-2016, 11:28 AM
No, I want Freeze hammered for all the world to see. I want to see the holier than thou poster child of TSUN exposed for the con artist he is. With the level sanctions we are anticipating they get there isn't a snowball's chance they hire anybody of competence to take his place.

Yes! I want Freeze humiliated and exposed for all to see. I want Freeze to be a pariah in college sports for years and years.

Tbonewannabe
09-21-2016, 11:32 AM
Yes! I want Freeze humiliated and exposed for all to see. I want Freeze to be a pariah in college sports for years and years.

Is it too much to ask for Hugh to be placed in a stock on the square where we can throw rotten food at him?

starkvegasdawg
09-21-2016, 11:49 AM
Is it too much to ask for Hugh to be placed in a stock on the square where we can throw rotten food at him?

I'm sure she would volunteer.

https://s.yimg.com/ts/api/res/1.2/SaFsF7ASOj0LPUexIHUTMg--/YXBwaWQ9eWhvbWVydW47cT00NTtzbT0xO2ZpPWZpbGw7dz0xNj Q7aD0xNjQ7cHlvZmY9MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/homerun/sbnation1.vox.com/04f300a300aa8c7ac72d4c84f55eaf3f

RougeDawg
09-21-2016, 12:04 PM
What arrangements?

Similar arrangements that softie, paidwell, And Spice brothers received upon visiting and signing with OM. They continue to do the same things even while under investigation and are allowing the NCAA to solidify their case.

TrapGame
09-21-2016, 12:09 PM

This is what I really want to see Freeze have to do thru The effing Grove:

https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/system/images/photo_albums/cersei-memes/large/game-of-thrones-most-pirated.gif?1384968217

Coldsleeve Jr.
09-21-2016, 12:16 PM
Possible theory?

This may not be plausible since the COI hasnt even met on the first NOA yet. But wonder if the NCAA sent the first NOA knowing they were going to get more, and therefore try to use the "repeat offender" clause? Obviously the NCAA couldnt have known Tunsil was going to do what he did on draft night, but rosebowl was adamant that the investigation was ongoing after the first NOA was received and before draft night. Tunsil situation kicked it up a notch further.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-21-2016, 12:17 PM

So Mullento TSUN according to some?***

spbdawg
09-21-2016, 12:29 PM
#

oldtrickdawg
09-21-2016, 12:32 PM
I have not done research re the investigation of OM but have read the dozens of postings y'all have submitted in recent history..I am wondering, at this stage, if the NCAA isn't trying their darndest to find a slap on the wrist for the boys from Oxnard....They managed to slap Florida one year when they had something like 59 violations and deserved ,if ever anybody did, the DEATHE PENALTY...Of course this came on the heels of the SMU debacle so the NCAA people were probably afraid to lower the boom on an elite program again....They are certainly dragging their feet, unusually so seems to me, over these obvious infractions....

Dolphus Raymond
09-21-2016, 12:34 PM
???????

thf24
09-21-2016, 12:34 PM
Regardless of how they word it, it's undeniable that they continued to cheat after coming under investigation. You have to think a significant portion of their punishment will address that alone.

msstate7
09-21-2016, 12:37 PM
I have not done research re the investigation of OM but have read the dozens of postings y'all have submitted in recent history..I am wondering, at this stage, if the NCAA isn't trying their darndest to find a slap on the wrist for the boys from Oxnard....They managed to slap Florida one year when they had something like 59 violations and deserved ,if ever anybody did, the DEATHE PENALTY...Of course this came on the heels of the SMU debacle so the NCAA people were probably afraid to lower the boom on an elite program again....They are certainly dragging their feet, unusually so seems to me, over these obvious infractions....

So the NCAA hits om with 8 Level 1s in football alone then continues to investigate offering immunity to rival schools in order to find a reason to slap their wrist? Solid reasoning

Coldsleeve Jr.
09-21-2016, 12:38 PM

Yeah I dont think so.

thf24
09-21-2016, 12:43 PM

If sanctions are announced sometime during the first half of next year as predicted, they'll be right on schedule according to past investigations of this size. They're not dragging their feet, especially considering OM kept creating new material to investigate after they already got there. Nice try though.

starkvegasdawg
09-21-2016, 12:43 PM
So the NCAA hits om with 8 Level 1s in football alone then continues to investigate offering immunity to rival schools in order to find a reason to slap their wrist? Solid reasoning

Yeah, I'm getting the faintest whiffs of

http://i.imgur.com/GIBNddn.png

TrapGame
09-21-2016, 12:46 PM

The file that the NCAA has on OM is so thick it looks like the original Russian translation of War & Peace!

WSOPdawg
09-21-2016, 12:46 PM

Need to edit to say many occurrences of 8 Level 1s because didn't someone figure out that it was like 60-70 Level 1 violations?

I'm really believing TCUN's continued "dumbassery" towards mocking the NCAA will define college football regulations for the next 25 years.

Really Clark?
09-21-2016, 12:55 PM
Need to edit to say many occurrences of 8 Level 1s because didn't someone figure out that it was like 60-70 Level 1 violations?

I'm really believing TCUN's continued "dumbassery" towards mocking the NCAA will define college football regulations for the next 25 years.

They were trying to break it down by all the subsections but the infraction structure doesn't work that way. It's just 8, the sub-portions of the infractions listed under a violation is what is helping determine the Level of the violation. It gets group by the player, coach, booster, athletic department, etc. Take Tunsil for instance, where if you broke each individual infraction down to stand on their own you may not have a Level 1 infraction, as an example. But because of the number and the ability to stack them as one, then you have a major Level 1 infraction. The sub-portions will also help draw the picture of if this violation is mitigated, standard, or aggravated which all carry a different penalty structure per violation Level

GreenheadDawg
09-21-2016, 01:02 PM

If that helps you sleep better at night. But in reality, the NCAA is gonna be raw dawgin y'all with a 12 incher. My advice would be to prepare thy anus

WSOPdawg
09-21-2016, 01:05 PM
They were trying to break it down by all the subsections but the infraction structure doesn't work that way. It's just 8, the sub-portions of the infractions listed under a violation is what is helping determine the Level of the violation. It gets group by the player, coach, booster, athletic department, etc. Take Tunsil for instance, where if you broke each individual infraction down to stand on their own you may not have a Level 1 infraction, as an example. But because of the number and the ability to stack them as one, then you have a major Level 1 infraction. The sub-portions will also help draw the picture of if this violation is mitigated, standard, or aggravated which all carry a different penalty structure per violation Level

That's why I question the relevancy of THIS case. I see what you're saying Clark, but I can also argue that if what you say is true, then why not give every TCUN football player the same loaner that Tunsil got (on 3 separate occasions) "IF" the only punishment as listed by the NCAA's new guidelines is loss of 4 schollies for the single Level 1 infraction?

The NCAA never expected to have a problem of this magnitude that seemingly has no end.

Dawgology
09-21-2016, 01:21 PM
That's why I question the relevancy of THIS case. I see what you're saying Clark, but I can also argue that if what you say is true, then why not give every TCUN football player the same loaner that Tunsil got (on 3 separate occasions) "IF" the only punishment as listed by the NCAA's new guidelines is loss of 4 schollies for the single Level 1 infraction?

The NCAA never expected to have a problem of this magnitude that seemingly has no end.

Let me help you out here. It's a minimum of 4 schollies. The NCAA is building a case. Multiple violations are listed under one rule to show that it's aggravated and egregious and to properly attack the "mistake" defense. They will probably give them the max schollie reduction on all rules violations that occurred multiple times. Just easier to prosecute that way.

JoseBrown
Possible theory?

This may not be plausible since the COI hasnt even met on the first NOA yet. But wonder if the NCAA sent the first NOA knowing they were going to get more, and therefore try to use the "repeat offender" clause? Obviously the NCAA couldnt have known Tunsil was going to do what he did on draft night, but rosebowl was adamant that the investigation was ongoing after the first NOA was received and before draft night. Tunsil situation kicked it up a notch further.

I'm pretty sure I asked someone on here that was bringing some info regarding the details about this awhile back. Pretty sure he seemed to think the NCAA had to go ahead n release the first NOA due to timelines or something. Implied or stated that since the investigation began to that point they needed something on paper to UNM in a timely manner, then continue the investigation.

I also thought maybe scum was slow playing the NCAA with continued cheating to not end the investigation till some time period. They maybe trying to set the Devils payback on their own timeline....

Dawgology

Hahahaha hahaahahahahahaah......hahah...hahahahahahahahaha

DownwardDawg
09-21-2016, 01:45 PM
If that helps you sleep better at night. But in reality, the NCAA is gonna be raw dawgin y'all with a 12 incher. My advice would be to prepare thy anus

He was obvious from his 1st post.

WSOPdawg
09-21-2016, 01:48 PM
Let me help you out here. It's a minimum of 4 schollies. The NCAA is building a case. Multiple violations are listed under one rule to show that it's aggravated and egregious and to properly attack the "mistake" defense. They will probably give them the max schollie reduction on all rules violations that occurred multiple times. Just easier to prosecute that way.

No I agree that the model we've seen that equated to 25-30 lost schollies plus 2-yr bowl bans is most logical when systematically applied, as everybody is wanting to use the new NCAA penalty matrix circa 2013 in a logical manner.

However, I don't think the NCAA ever thought they would see a group (or network) challenge their new matrix system the way TCUN currently is.

Using the logic you and Clark are trying to persuade me to buy off on means the NCAA should just go ahead and call off the dogs because they've got all they need for max punishment (per the new matrix), but the NCAA can't find a stopping point because TCUN is "the gift that keeps on giving," which really cheapens the new matrix penalties for continued violations (i.e., Patterson & Little irregularities).

That said, I don't think it's as cut-and-dried to systemically apply TCUN's Level 1 violations to the new matrix, especially given their definition of "exemplary cooperation" being the same as other individual's definition of "deceitful lying."

StatesboroBlues
09-21-2016, 02:04 PM
Possible theory?

Like others have mentioned it...I don't think so. Having said that...I have no doubt the NCAA asked (last summer) if the staff knew of anything else involving Tunsil or anyone else. If things are brought to light that the staff knew of a violation...it would seem that the punishment would be pretty harsh.

I also think that these violations occurring while the NCAA is investigating will come into play...

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2016, 02:19 PM

Interesting . If he said this in the woods would anyone hear it?

FISHDAWG
09-21-2016, 02:42 PM

maybe it's because they screwed up the last two with Penn State and Miami and are making sure their bases are covered this time

FISHDAWG
09-21-2016, 02:46 PM

of course ... that's the reason the NCAA rejected their self imposed penalties - they wanted to LOWER them **

Tbonewannabe
09-21-2016, 03:05 PM
Like others have mentioned it...I don't think so. Having said that...I have no doubt the NCAA asked (last summer) if the staff knew of anything else involving Tunsil or anyone else. If things are brought to light that the staff knew of a violation...it would seem that the punishment would be pretty harsh.

I also think that these violations occurring while the NCAA is investigating will come into play...

Donnie Tindall and Bruce Pearl have proven if you lie or bend the truth to the NCAA then it is pretty much an automatic show clause. I think all Bruce Pearl lied about was having a bbq at his house that recruits were there. Not even close to the Level 1 that UNM have been accused of.

oldtrickdawg
09-21-2016, 03:32 PM
I as said, don't know too much about the intricacies of the whole fiasco but , reading some of the responses, sounds like they ought to qualify for the death penalty...In recent history, seems to me, the NCAA has found ways to mitigate punishment rather than levy full penalties..I am unaware of the time line ;just seems to be dragging on some- perhaps not...Maybe I am just too anxious for the boom to fall..Time will tell certainly...Do they get the Florida treatment or the SMU treatment...Will be interesting to watch...

Mjoelner34
09-21-2016, 03:46 PM
I as said, don't know too much about the intricacies of the whole fiasco but , reading some of the responses, sounds like they ought to qualify for the death penalty...In recent history, seems to me, the NCAA has found ways to mitigate punishment rather than levy full penalties..I am unaware of the time line ;just seems to be dragging on some- perhaps not...Maybe I am just too anxious for the boom to fall..Time will tell certainly...Do they get the Florida treatment or the SMU treatment...Will be interesting to watch...

As severe and as deep as this goes, even with mitigated punishment, they could still end up with what USCw got and that would devastate them.

Turfdawg67
09-21-2016, 05:22 PM
9 over 3

Token Bammer
09-21-2016, 06:20 PM
When the NCAA puts the hammer down on those clowns I'm going to be one happy man. I'll probably buy myself a cowbell and run through the streets screaming.......well, I really haven't decided yet. I'll just let it flow in a moment of great passion but it's going to be fun nonetheless.

Really Clark?
09-21-2016, 06:25 PM
When the NCAA puts the hammer down on those clowns I'm going to be one happy man. I'll probably buy myself a cowbell and run through the streets screaming.......well, I really haven't decided yet. I'll just let it flow in a moment of great passion but it's going to be fun nonetheless.

That would be change for y'all. You usually go for the more covert middle of the night Spike 80 raid. So good for you changing things up in a moment of celebration.***

Token Bammer
09-21-2016, 06:36 PM
That would be change for y'all. You usually go for the more covert middle of the night Spike 80 raid. So good for you changing things up in a moment of celebration.***

No, no, no. Spike 80 is saved for when we're pissed off. Well, that or the REC sticking it ol' Colonel Rep. ��

Really Clark?
09-21-2016, 06:41 PM
No, no, no. Spike 80 is saved for when we're pissed off. Well, that or the REC sticking it ol' Colonel Rep. ��

Why not both? While they are watching you run down the street clanging away...send operatives to the grove so they feel the full punishment of sanctions. NCAA gets the program, the REC destroys the grove so they can't even enjoy sitting outside of their vacant stadium.

Can make that a motion at your next REC meeting? Everybody needs to be prepared before hand for the eventual landmark celebration.

Token Bammer
09-21-2016, 06:47 PM
Why not both? While they are watching you run down the street clanging away...send operatives to the grove so they feel the full punishment of sanctions. NCAA gets the program, the REC destroys the grove so they can't even enjoy sitting outside of their vacant stadium.

The BAMMER is strong with this one.^^^. I like the way you think.

msujan
09-21-2016, 06:59 PM
Regardless of how they word it, it's undeniable that they continued to cheat after coming under investigation. You have to think a significant portion of their punishment will address that alone.

Not only are they continuing their ways after coming under investigation, they're doing it after ADMITTING they've cheated!

MSUDawg99
09-21-2016, 07:03 PM
To get this thread back on track, I listened to Boneyard today & I think the tweet from Rosey is in reference to Freeze recruiting violations. Its a minor one, but violation, nonetheless. Coaches weren't allowed to do any on campus recruiting visits at HS's until after Sept 1 or something like that, but supposedly Freeze was at the SHS/Oxford game. Supposedly on sideline in full OM gear.

The only exception to this rule is if you get a waiver. That waiver is only allowed if you have a child playing in that game or performing in band or cheering, something of that nature. And even then, you're supposed to be sitting in stands like every other parent watching & without team logo/gear on. This supposedly was not the case for Freeze.

Again, I'm guessing this is what his tweet was referring to? And again, yes its a minor violation, but if its true, its a violation nonetheless.

Edit to add: same thing Shotgun started thread on. Just saw that. Sorry for dupe post.

Tbonewannabe
09-22-2016, 08:43 AM
To get this thread back on track, I listened to Boneyard today & I think the tweet from Rosey is in reference to Freeze recruiting violations. Its a minor one, but violation, nonetheless. Coaches weren't allowed to do any on campus recruiting visits at HS's until after Sept 1 or something like that, but supposedly Freeze was at the SHS/Oxford game. Supposedly on sideline in full OM gear.

The only exception to this rule is if you get a waiver. That waiver is only allowed if you have a child playing in that game or performing in band or cheering, something of that nature. And even then, you're supposed to be sitting in stands like every other parent watching & without team logo/gear on. This supposedly was not the case for Freeze.

Again, I'm guessing this is what his tweet was referring to? And again, yes its a minor violation, but if its true, its a violation nonetheless.

Edit to add: same thing Shotgun started thread on. Just saw that. Sorry for dupe post.

Would him flying in on a helicopter add to it or does it matter how he makes his entrance? At this point, I am surprised he isn't wearing a rhinestone jacket with F&*& the NCAA on the back.

MedDawg
09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
9 over 3

9 show causes for 3 years each

starkvegasdawg
09-22-2016, 09:39 AM
Would him flying in on a helicopter add to it or does it matter how he makes his entrance? At this point, I am surprised he isn't wearing a rhinestone jacket with F&*& the NCAA on the back.

http://i.imgur.com/RZp6BeS.png

MSUDawg99
09-22-2016, 10:15 AM

Dan Mullen flew from one HS game to another one Fri. night recently. I don't know if it was via heli or plane, but I dont see the diff in these two scenarios, tbh.

Thick
09-22-2016, 11:35 AM
No I agree that the model we've seen that equated to 25-30 lost schollies plus 2-yr bowl bans is most logical when systematically applied, as everybody is wanting to use the new NCAA penalty matrix circa 2013 in a logical manner.

However, I don't think the NCAA ever thought they would see a group (or network) challenge their new matrix system the way TCUN currently is.

Using the logic you and Clark are trying to persuade me to buy off on means the NCAA should just go ahead and call off the dogs because they've got all they need for max punishment (per the new matrix), but the NCAA can't find a stopping point because TCUN is "the gift that keeps on giving," which really cheapens the new matrix penalties for continued violations (i.e., Patterson & Little irregularities).

That said, I don't think it's as cut-and-dried to systemically apply TCUN's Level 1 violations to the new matrix, especially given their definition of "exemplary cooperation" being the same as other individual's definition of "deceitful lying."

I see where you are going with this, and it makes sense. I guess the real question is what can the COI really hand down when even after they have connected the dots on the first 8 L-1 violations more infractions seem to keep occurring. Well regardless, OM will get lit up, and those coaches will get show causes. Those SC's are going to be career enders, or "someone" is going to cop a deal for leniency by ratting out HF. There's definitely at least one coach that has been approached by HF and Bjork to be let go, and he told them, "if I go, you go with me". Someone is going to be the rat!

Tbonewannabe
09-22-2016, 12:11 PM
Dan Mullen flew from one HS game to another one Fri. night recently. I don't know if it was via heli or plane, but I dont see the diff in these two scenarios, tbh.

Freeze had to get a waiver to be at the game. That doesn't apply now that coaches are allowed to go to games. They were saying the waiver is only allowed if the coach isn't there in an official capacity. When Mullen flew in, it was in the allowable official capacity where Beaver wasn't in that time frame. I didn't know if this would be allowed since he wasn't allowed to wear UNM gear to the game.

Really Clark?
09-22-2016, 12:58 PM

I think he was talking about doing that during the no contact period and whether it would be covered under a waiver. Otherwise you can do that during the appropriate dates

Dawgfan61
09-22-2016, 01:28 PM
Freeze did it before September 1. Mullen did not.