PDA

View Full Version : Stansbury doing work

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Stans pulling in the talent at WKU. Already got a 5* committed now a 4* guard
http://www.wbko.com/content/sports/Four-star-guard-Josh-Anderson-commits-to-WKU-394213181.html

Schultzy
09-20-2016, 09:04 PM
Butler?

msstate7
09-20-2016, 09:05 PM
Impressive... did lsu want these guys?

MarketingBully
09-20-2016, 09:11 PM
Impressive... did lsu want these guys?

Johnny Jones seat just got hotter. Good for Stans and glad these guys didn't end up at A&M which they would have if Stans wouldn't have gotten the WKU job. Yes, LSU wanted these guys. We also have a kid that would have been a difference maker there in Lamar Peters. Glad our basketball program is on the way up. :)

msstate7
09-20-2016, 09:14 PM
Johnny Jones seat just got hotter. Good for Stans and glad these guys didn't end up at A&M which they would have if Stans wouldn't have gotten the WKU job. Yes, LSU wanted these guys. We also have a kid that would have been a difference maker there in Lamar Peters. Glad our basketball program is on the way up. :)

Could these 2 commitments and a good year at wku put stansbury in position to replace jones at lsu?

MarketingBully
09-20-2016, 09:15 PM
Could these 2 commitments and a good year at wku put stansbury in position to replace jones at lsu?

Nope.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-20-2016, 09:17 PM
Interesting thought. I bet he would be high on the list for sure. I looked back over WKU past recruiting classes....ughh. Their fans have to be ecstatic and in disbelief. I also noticed they are CB'd heavily on another 4* guard from Texas. I think it is pretty evident who the man was at College Station.

Bothrops
09-20-2016, 09:19 PM
Hmm..I'm curious as to what his secret is..

msstate7
09-20-2016, 09:20 PM

I'm sure he's been recruiting them a while for aTm.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-20-2016, 09:21 PM
Them juicy jumbos are being shipped in by the truck loads*

TheRef
09-20-2016, 09:25 PM
Them juicy jumbos are being shipped in by the truck loads*

I knew the Bryan Hump Dogs had a good mojo to them.

Really Clark?
09-20-2016, 09:26 PM

There is no secret. Basketball recruiting is as filthy as it gets but the NCAA has to let a good bit of this go or they wouldn't hardly have anyone eligible to play. Beyond that, the man can sell. That has never been a question. It's who he sells to and what he does with them once they to school that's been his weak point. When it fits with the right guys he can go far with a team but has a hard time making them fit for consistant post season runs.

msstate7
09-20-2016, 09:29 PM
Calling it now... 8-seed miss state vs 9-seed wku in the tournament this year

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-20-2016, 09:39 PM
Calling it now... 8-seed miss state vs 9-seed wku in the tournament this year

I just told my buddy how cool would it be if we meet them in the tourney one day. It won't be this year though...These recruits don't get there until next year.

missouridawg
09-20-2016, 09:41 PM
I have a friend who coaches in the Houston, TX area. He had a five star kid on his team last year and Stansbury obviously recruited the guy. He said Stans could talk your ear off about anything. My friend hated him for it, but he understood then why Stans is such a great recruiter. The man can sell himself quite easily.

shannondawg
09-20-2016, 10:00 PM
I doubt that wku has the boosters and you wouldn't be able to install them in the first year, as a coach would not know who to trust. Hell Stans had to ask the fans not to wear KU stuff, and start wearing WKU stuff. I bet it won't be any problem now.

JohnnyQuid
09-21-2016, 12:06 AM
I have a friend who coaches in the Houston, TX area. He had a five star kid on his team last year and Stansbury obviously recruited the guy. He said Stans could talk your ear off about anything. My friend hated him for it, but he understood then why Stans is such a great recruiter. The man can sell himself quite easily.

I've met rick quite a few times when I was younger, a friend of my dad's was and still is a close friend of his and we'd go to games with his friend and sit 2-3 rows behind the state bench and after go down and they'd talk to rick after the team got outta the locker room. he seemed like a genuine dude and I don't doubt him being able to sell himself at all - it's an ability most dont have.

one thing I'll always remember is him introducing me and my dad to jonathan bender after a game, telling us how great this guy is gonna be for us. then he mcdonald's game happened and rest is history. nothing to do with the OP but kinda cool regardless

lamont
09-21-2016, 12:12 AM
Stands is Hugh Freeze without the phony preacher bullshit

JohnnyQuid
09-21-2016, 12:34 AM
Stands is Hugh Freeze without the phony preacher bullshit

so he's nothing like freeze and a better recruiter

Dawg61
09-21-2016, 01:34 PM
Again signing good players was never Stansbury's problem. Losing them, not conditioning them, not developing them, not coaching them and not disciplining them is his problem.

dawgday166
09-21-2016, 01:38 PM
Again signing good players was never Stansbury's problem. Losing them, not conditioning them, not developing them, not coaching them and not disciplining them is his problem.

You were paying attention I see. +1

PMDawg
09-21-2016, 04:15 PM
How upset would Random34 be if Stansbury beat us in the round of 32? LOL

PMDawg
09-21-2016, 04:16 PM
You were paying attention I see. +1

+2

Schultzy
09-21-2016, 09:48 PM

Or Butler

msstate7
09-21-2016, 09:53 PM

He'll be calling for howland's head soon enough whether it's stansbury or somebody else that beats us

msbulldog
09-21-2016, 10:04 PM
Howland seems to have this recruiting thing down. Exponentially better at the X's & O's. Team discipline, c'mon guys?
We are way better off now!

lamont
09-21-2016, 10:26 PM

Thats impossible. Stands will never make a Sweet 16

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-22-2016, 08:44 AM
Howland seems to have this recruiting thing down. Exponentially better at the X's & O's. Team discipline, c'mon guys?
We are way better off now!

Speaking of having the recruiting thing down, we just offered a 2019 5* guard. Probably wont get him but who knows. By that time this kid could have seen us be in the top 15 and make the tourney for a couple years. Might change some things. It's good to see us going after big-time talent early. With all that being said, I think we havent seen the full effect of what Howland can do recruiting wise. He just has to win and then I think we will bring in talent we've never seen before in Starkville.