PDA

View Full Version : God love em'...

Tripp McNeely
09-20-2016, 07:18 PM
They literally can't help themselves

http://us13.campaign-archive2.com/?u=d4c1169382fd7792cd5d15e6f&id=43df97257b&e=7ccf66225d

BeardoMSU
09-20-2016, 07:28 PM
It's just who they are, lol. Dip shits.

BulldogDX55
09-20-2016, 07:35 PM
Hate the fact they keep referring to it as the Mississippi State flag. Technically true, but will clearly contribute to the Ole Miss Bulldogs meme.

msstate7
09-20-2016, 07:36 PM
Why were the flags being confiscated?

TheRef
09-20-2016, 07:37 PM

They said any banners that weren't approved by the administration isn't allowed inside the stadium.

msstate7
09-20-2016, 07:39 PM
They said any banners that weren't approved by the administration isn't allowed inside the stadium.

Just thought it kinda odd state employees were confiscating state flags.

RocketDawg
09-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Well ... regardless of individuals' thoughts on the flag issue and the "Dixie" issue ... I would think anyone would be allowed to bring a state flag of reasonable size (not the huge one) into a stadium that does not ban other signs and banners. Players are allowed to kneel or sit during the National Anthem, so the OM students should be allowed their freedom of expression too, regardless of which side of the issue a person is on. And the police do not have the "right to arrest"; they have the authority to arrest in certain situations, but not just at will.

BeardoMSU
09-20-2016, 07:52 PM
Sadly, we can throw out the notion that this shit will pass with the older generation...they are obviously raising a new flock of confederates up north.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2016, 07:53 PM
I know some who are sending donation solicitations back with the words "play Dixie for donations" written on them.

BeardoMSU
09-20-2016, 07:56 PM
I know some who are sending donation solicitations back with the words "play Dixie for donations" written on them.

Wow. The lost cause mythos really does permeate their fan base....Unfortunately, it likely does in a significant portion or ours, too.

EdDawg
09-20-2016, 08:03 PM
It is pretty crazy that students at a state institution aren't allowed to carry a state flag into a game.

My stance on the flag is to change it, but fly it until it's changed. However I understand the universities not wanting to fly it, and I won't get bent out of shape about it. Though I do think they are going too far in taking small flags away from students at the game.

Tripp McNeely
09-20-2016, 08:15 PM
Regardless of your opinion on the state flag or freedom of expression...stuff like this continues to make them look worse and worse in the court of public opinion...way outside the box, but I wonder if the COI would (unofficially)look at stuff like this when pondering penalties? If you keep us from hosting regionals for the same reason, it's gotta be in the back of their minds

BeardoMSU
09-20-2016, 08:21 PM
stuff like this continues to make them look worse and worse in the court of public opinion...

Us too, though. People outside the south don't know the difference between the typical MSU and OM fans. Them continually pulling this kind of shit, makes the entire state look bad.

Dawgtini
09-20-2016, 10:33 PM
Us too, though. People outside the south don't know the difference between the typical MSU and OM fans. Them continually pulling this kind of shit, makes the entire state look bad.

To you. I support the flag we have had for 121 yrs and those who have the right and desire to fly it. HailState

BeardoMSU
09-20-2016, 10:36 PM
To you. I support the flag we have had for 121 yrs and those who have the right and desire to fly it. HailState

Good for you, I guess. You have more in common with the 'federates than you know.

Dawgtini
09-20-2016, 11:37 PM
Good for you, I guess. You have more in common with the 'federates than you know.

With Americans, Mississippians, southerners, and pretty much everyone else who doesn't have to retreat to their safe space when someone exercises their right to free speech ... or run to a message board and beg for validation. HailState.

Spiderman
09-21-2016, 03:29 AM
whether you agree with the flag or not, is irrelevant.

This is a freedom issue.

Welcome to the new USA. Free speech as long as it falls in line with group politik, and the thoughts and expressions approved by the State.

Dawgtini
09-21-2016, 06:31 AM

This is a freedom issue.

Welcome to the new USA. Free speech as long as it falls in line with group politik, and the thoughts and expressions approved by the State.
+1

Dawgface
09-21-2016, 07:21 AM

This is a freedom issue.

Yep.

mstatefan91
09-21-2016, 07:25 AM

This is a freedom issue.

Glad to see someone gets it

msujan
09-21-2016, 07:30 AM
Hate the fact they keep referring to it as the Mississippi State flag. Technically true, but will clearly contribute to the Ole Miss Bulldogs meme.

Mississippi State Flag = flag representing Mississippi State University
Mississippi state flag = flag representing state of Mississippi

I don't want anyone getting the two confused. We have enough identity mix-ups as it is.

Johnson85
09-21-2016, 09:21 AM

This is a freedom issue.

What makes this so bad is that they know this was unconstitutional. That's why they banned sticks and not the confederate flag to begin with. They basically just decided, 17it. We're going to do something we know is blatantly unconstitutional and trust that nobody cares enough to sue us. I am glad we don't have the same problems with the state flag, but if we did, I would not want our administration to just say 17 it and do something unconstitutional. Take the hit to recruiting before intentionally doing something unconstitutional.

civildawg
09-21-2016, 09:29 AM
I do not understand the outrage, especially from this board. That is our state's flag. Just because someone flies it doesnt mean they are a dip shit or racist.

Coldsleeve Jr.
09-21-2016, 09:29 AM
Mississippi State Flag = flag representing Mississippi State University
Mississippi state flag = flag representing state of Mississippi

I don't want anyone getting the two confused. We have enough identity mix-ups as it is.

Was about to post same thing. Drives me crazy.

HSVDawg
09-21-2016, 09:50 AM

Because all flags are confiscated because sticks are used to fly them. You haven't heard about the stick ban??

msstate7
09-21-2016, 09:59 AM
Because all flags are confiscated because sticks are used to fly them. You haven't heard about the stick ban??

I have heard, but there were no sticks

Political Hack
09-21-2016, 10:07 AM
I don't agree with promoting a heritage of hate but taking the flag away from students is a blatant violation of the 1st amendment. That's why they banned sticks the first time through. It's not legal to ban a symbol of speech.

The OM administration is in a tough spot. Between their love of Dixie and the NCAA, they're going to be irrelevant very, very quickly. It's the perfect storm.

EngDawg
09-21-2016, 10:30 AM
This really shouldn't even be an issue because the flag should've been changed years ago. Cue Godwin's law, having the rebel flag on the state flag is like if Germany still had a swastika on their national flag.

msujan
09-21-2016, 10:35 AM
I have heard, but there were no sticks

It's not a stick issue. It's not a flag issue. It's a line-of-sight issue. It's at a ballgame, for goodness' sakes! If you bought a ticket, you probably want to watch the game, and you can't do that with a flag - or a Pom Pom ON A STICK, BTW - waving in your face or on top of your head. And I'm claustrophobic, so if they had pulled that big ass flag over me, you would have seen a crazy person come unglued!

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2016, 10:37 AM
I don't agree with promoting a heritage of hate but taking the flag away from students is a blatant violation of the 1st amendment. That's why they banned sticks the first time through. It's not legal to ban a symbol of speech.

The OM administration is in a tough spot. Between their love of Dixie and the NCAA, they're going to be irrelevant very, very quickly. It's the perfect storm.

Actually I think they CAN prevent you from taking in anything they want to. They can also eject you from the stadium if you don't comply. If you don't comply with THAT, they can arrest you.

Johnson85
09-21-2016, 12:19 PM
It's not a stick issue. It's not a flag issue. It's a line-of-sight issue. It's at a ballgame, for goodness' sakes! If you bought a ticket, you probably want to watch the game, and you can't do that with a flag - or a Pom Pom ON A STICK, BTW - waving in your face or on top of your head. And I'm claustrophobic, so if they had pulled that big ass flag over me, you would have seen a crazy person come unglued!

This is right if they have a policy preventing posters, umbrellas, etc. that is actually enforced.

I'm betting there is some espn footage showing fans holding posters in the stands and that UM doesn't confiscate the folders. If somebody actually made a complaint about it blocking their view, they might be able to get by on that difference and claim that nobody complained about the posters (although even that will look like them enforcing a heckler's veto).

Johnson85
09-21-2016, 12:21 PM
Actually I think they CAN prevent you from taking in anything they want to. They can also eject you from the stadium if you don't comply. If you don't comply with THAT, they can arrest you.

No, this is not right. The stadium is owned/controlled by a public entity, so they can only do viewpoint neutral restrictions. That's why they banned sticks, and not the flag, to begin with. It was already settled law at the time.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2016, 12:29 PM
No, this is not right. The stadium is owned/controlled by a public entity, so they can only do viewpoint neutral restrictions. That's why they banned sticks, and not the flag, to begin with. It was already settled law at the time.

I think you are wrong there. They can ban them ALL if they want. I think they have. In fact I think WE have.

IMissJack
09-21-2016, 05:47 PM
What makes this so bad is that they know this was unconstitutional. That's why they banned sticks and not the confederate flag to begin with. They basically just decided, 17it. We're going to do something we know is blatantly unconstitutional and trust that nobody cares enough to sue us. I am glad we don't have the same problems with the state flag, but if we did, I would not want our administration to just say 17 it and do something unconstitutional. Take the hit to recruiting before intentionally doing something unconstitutional.

Probably a lawsuit coming...