PDA

View Full Version : Clean House

I seen it dawg
09-20-2016, 11:20 AM
Bye Scotty thanks for the memories. bye Bracky. Back to teaching PE where you belong. And anybody else up there your ass is hot on that seat.

Cut bait with Mullen. And the entire offensive side of the ball staff. And here's the one that will blow your mind....

Hire Lane Kiffin as HC, Sarkisian as OC, get a bigtime S&C guy from the league, keep the defensive staff intact and let's ****ing roll.

Coursesuper
09-20-2016, 11:27 AM
As crazy as that may sound to some that's not a bad idea.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-20-2016, 11:28 AM
Sounds like a recipe for some 8 win seasons.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2016, 11:32 AM
Bye Scotty thanks for the memories. bye Bracky. Back to teaching PE where you belong. And anybody else up there your ass is hot on that seat.

Cut bait with Mullen. And the entire offensive side of the ball staff. And here's the one that will blow your mind....

Hire Lane Kiffin as HC, Sarkisian as OC, get a bigtime S&C guy from the league, keep the defensive staff intact and let's ****ing roll.

As a big USC fan I HOPE you forgot the ********* You don't want Sark, AT ALL. You don't want the GOAT either.

louisvilledawg
09-20-2016, 11:32 AM

No Way in hell Kiffin would come to starkville. Too small of a town for that city boy.

mic
09-20-2016, 11:34 AM

Only thing I disagree with about this post.. Is that it's not in all CAPS....

lamont
09-20-2016, 11:36 AM
I'd enjoy a drink with Sark

dawgday166
09-20-2016, 11:38 AM
No Way in hell Kiffin would come to starkville. Too small of a town for that city boy.

I thought his only requirement was that the coeds were ... well cozy you know **

msstate7

And he'd enjoy a drink with every one here... maybe 2

DownwardDawg
As a big USC fan I HOPE you forgot the ********* You don't want Sark, AT ALL. You don't want the GOAT either.

As mad as I get at Kiffin for his ole miss game plan each year, I think he is about to make a really good head coach somewhere. He certainly wouldn't fit in at Starkvegas though!

mic

And Kiffins "leftovers" ..

preachermatt83
09-20-2016, 11:39 AM
If we hired Kiffin as HC I'd be furious!

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2016, 11:39 AM
And he'd enjoy a drink with every one here... maybe 2

Or 4, in the locker room.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-20-2016, 11:40 AM
Am I missing something...is Tuscaloosa considered a big city now?

louisvilledawg
09-20-2016, 11:41 AM
Am I missing something...is Tuscaloosa considered a big city now?

~100,000 population

AROB44
09-20-2016, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by I seen it dawg

Just when you thought you had heard all of the hair brained ideas, a new one comes along. This is just hilarious.

BeastMan
09-20-2016, 11:51 AM
Lane Kiffin would last 1 year in Starkville. He'd win and be gone to a bigger school.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2016, 11:53 AM
As mad as I get at Kiffin for his ole miss game plan each year, I think he is about to make a really good head coach somewhere. He certainly wouldn't fit in at Starkvegas though!

He was a HORRIBLE head coach at USC. AT USC. Ogeron was better. Let that sink in. Don't judge him by what he did under Saban and Carroll. Those guys won just as much without him as they did with him. Heck the USC people hated him when he was an assistant.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2016, 11:54 AM
Lane Kiffin would last 1 year in Starkville. He'd win and be gone to a bigger school.

I doubt he would win.

TrapGame
09-20-2016, 11:57 AM

https://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/568/a7ce3100-dfb9-0132-ced5-0e01949ad350.gif?

fishwater99
09-20-2016, 12:01 PM
Sounds like a recipe for some 8 win seasons.

I would take 8 wins this year.. Would you?

Beaver
09-20-2016, 12:03 PM

Kiffin...a proven loser at 2 big-time programs vs Mullen...a winner at a traditionally weak program.

Cooterpoot
09-20-2016, 12:05 PM
Kiffin has failed twice as a HC. He sucks. Hell, Saban even dislikes him. Not many coaches out there that have failed as much as Kiffin and been successful later.

grinnindawg
09-20-2016, 12:18 PM
Why, because the overall performance of our athletic programs has been so historically bad the last few years?

Yea! Let's roll!
Other than Byrne and Strick, we've had soooo much success hiring good coaches that worked out in the long term.

Maybe we can get LT to help with the hires.

Woo Hoo!

EngDawg
09-20-2016, 12:23 PM

HIRE LANE KIFFIN AS HC, Sarkisian as OC, get a bigtime S&C guy from the league, keep the defensive staff intact and let's ****ing roll.

Are you 17in crazy

dawgday166
09-20-2016, 12:25 PM
Are you 17in crazy

Some folks get into the wodka early in the day ***

BrunswickDawg
09-20-2016, 12:38 PM
Kiffin has failed twice as a HC. He sucks. Hell, Saban even dislikes him. Not many coaches out there that have failed as much as Kiffin and been successful later.

3 times - you forgot his glorious stint in Oakland.

lamont
09-20-2016, 12:39 PM
Kiffin...a proven loser at 2 big-time programs vs Mullen...a winner at a traditionally weak program.

What? Kiffin went 28-15 at USC while they were under extreme scholarship reductions. He was also turning Temn around. He's a dick- but he has been fairly successful

Sacrifice
09-20-2016, 12:42 PM
I've always thought Strickland and Mullen were to close. I know the ADs and head football coaches are usually close but these guys are like damn brothers

BB30
09-20-2016, 12:45 PM
Out of all the ignorant stuff posted on here this might take the cake. Even if by some miracle he were to be somewhat successful here he would be gone in a year and we would be right back where we started. And we now have posters saying 8 wins would be a step up from what we have now.... Mullen has won 8 games more than he has won 4-6. If 8 is the standard then there is no point in getting rid of Mullen as he has proven that he can win 8 games on a fairly regular basis. I really think fans just get tired of seeing the same guy on the sidelines for a certain number of years and just want change for the sake of change whether or not that change is good for the program.

TimberBeast
09-20-2016, 12:45 PM
I would take 8 wins this year.. Would you?

We SHOULD have 8 wins this year, we SHOULD be 3-0 right now. Our head coach has failed miserably this year so far.

I seen it dawg
09-20-2016, 12:50 PM

Then that makes me feel a lot better about it.

HoopsDawg
09-20-2016, 12:52 PM

I'd probably quit being a fan of MSU football.

Beaver
09-20-2016, 12:55 PM
What? Kiffin went 28-15 at USC while they were under extreme scholarship reductions. He was also turning Temn around. He's a dick- but he has been fairly successful

He left Tenn worse off than when he got there. His 2009 recruiting class was named 'the most disappointing recruiting class in a decade' by Rivals. He had commintments from Tajh Boyd and Bryce Petty and lost both of them...

He started out pretty well at USC and then went took a preseason #1 team all the way to being unranked at the end of 2012.. First coach to do that since 1964. Sure he had a winning record, but if he was so successful, why was he fired at an airport?

He's like a dumb blonde. You take her out on a couple dates and everything goes well. She's super hot and you're into her. However, she either ends up leaving you for a hotter guy, or you're forced to dump her after she makes a fool of herself in front of your family at Thanksgiving...

I seen it dawg
09-20-2016, 12:57 PM
Well all you that think it's stupid I'll play the same game y'all do...who we gonna get? And don't give me ****ing Hud like a lot of you poor ole MSU syndrome pussies want. He's small time and we are a big job. Get a big coach.

GTHOM
09-20-2016, 01:01 PM
We SHOULD have 8 wins this year, we SHOULD be 3-0 right now. Our head coach has failed miserably this year so far.

2-1 at the least

HoopsDawg
09-20-2016, 01:01 PM
Well all you that think it's stupid I'll play the same game y'all do...who we gonna get? And don't give me ****ing Hud like a lot of you poor ole MSU syndrome pussies want. He's small time and we are a big job. Get a big coach.

Mullen's a pretty good coach. He's been here 8 years so we know his flaws, but I'll take him over Kiffin every f'n time.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2016, 01:02 PM

Exactly

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2016, 01:03 PM

We don't need anyone yet.

preachermatt83
09-20-2016, 01:03 PM
He was a HORRIBLE head coach at USC. AT USC. Ogeron was better. Let that sink in. Don't judge him by what he did under Saban and Carroll. Those guys won just as much without him as they did with him. Heck the USC people hated him when he was an assistant.

This all day!

gtowndawg
09-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Not for or against (yet), but I love it when people swing for the fences instead of the same ole topics. Good job.

dawgday166
09-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Mullen's a pretty good coach. He's been here 8 years so we know his flaws, but I'll take him over Kiffin every f'n time.

While I think Mullen is really an OC posing as a HC ... I'd have to say Kiffin would be in that same mold too.

lamont
09-20-2016, 01:05 PM
He left Tenn worse off than when he got there. His 2009 recruiting class was named 'the most disappointing recruiting class in a decade' by Rivals. He had commintments from Tajh Boyd and Bryce Petty and lost both of them...

He started out pretty well at USC and then went took a preseason #1 team all the way to being unranked at the end of 2012.. First coach to do that since 1964. Sure he had a winning record, but if he was so successful, why was he fired at an airport?

He's like a dumb blonde. You take her out on a couple dates and everything goes well. She's super hot and you're into her. However, she either ends up leaving you for a hotter guy, or you're forced to dump her after she makes a fool of herself in front of your family at Thanksgiving...

He took over a 5-7 Tenn team that was getting worse. He got them to a bowl. He took over USC under scholarship reductions. Of course things got worse- they lost 10 scholarships per year. What has USC done since he left?

He's a good coach.

WinningIsRelentless
09-20-2016, 01:08 PM
I would get arrested for assault for running on the field and beating the Sh!! out of Joey Freshwater. He can't help but be cute calling plays and it bites him in the ass at least once a game.

GTHOM
09-20-2016, 01:09 PM
I would get arrested for assault for running on the field and beating the Sh!! out of Joey Freshwater. He can't help but be cute calling plays and it bites him in the ass at least once a game.

At least he tries and looks like he gives a damn whether or not they win

dawgday166
09-20-2016, 01:11 PM
One other thing. If everyone thinks marathons, European vacations, and yeezy's are distractions ... Kiffen will most likely bring a lot more highly dramatic distractions to the table.

Of course I'm not sure who the most likely candidates are we could get either.

HoopsDawg
09-20-2016, 01:12 PM

He drove me crazy Saturday with all the lateral passes against Ole Miss. Worst game plan possible against their D.

louisvilledawg
09-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Bonner confirmed that UF has officially offered him the job. IMO he'd be dumb not to take it.

WinningIsRelentless
09-20-2016, 01:15 PM
He took over a 5-7 Tenn team that was getting worse. He got them to a bowl. He took over USC under scholarship reductions. Of course things got worse- they lost 10 scholarships per year. What has USC done since he left?

He's a good coach.

Says the person who called him a idiot just 72 hours ago for throwing 9 passes in a row.

DownwardDawg
09-20-2016, 01:17 PM
Fun conversation, but Kiffin will NEVER be coach here. He'd never get offered and if he did, he wouldn't take it for $4 million a year. He knows he's about to get a shot somewhere he'd be a better fit.

Sacrifice
09-20-2016, 01:26 PM
Give me Larry Fedora anyday! and before y'all say he'I'll leave in 2 years, that could be any coach

Beaver
09-20-2016, 01:33 PM

He's a good coach.

I agree that he's a good coach. I wouldn't mind him an offensive coordinator. But he's shown with the Raiders, the Vols, and the Trojans, that he cannot sustain a winning program. Don't forget this is the same coach that ran his kicker out to try a 76 yard field goal. He's 3-10 against Top 25 opponents.

WinningIsRelentless
09-20-2016, 01:35 PM
He drove me crazy Saturday with all the lateral passes against Ole Miss. Worst game plan possible against their D.

Exactly. Ole miss d is built on speed you attack them up the gut. If shump ran like he did out of the I Saturday night the rest of the year that would be my game plan against ole miss.

RocketDawg
09-20-2016, 01:55 PM

Well ... he's in Tuscaloosa, which is not exactly a large city. Of course, Alabama is a bit more prestigious than we are. But one never knows.

Really Clark?
09-20-2016, 02:02 PM
At least he tries and looks like he gives a damn whether or not they win

Lol. I know you have seen all the pictures and Gif's of him looking lost on the sidelines over the years. We just get so caught in our maroon bubble that we lose perspective. Go read some of USC boards when he was floundering and how they say just the opposite of this post.

BulldogBear
09-20-2016, 02:04 PM
While I think Mullen is really an OC posing as a HC ... I'd have to say Kiffin would be in that same mold too.

This^^^^^

Hiring that fool would be the most polarizing coaching hire in school history. It would also be the smartest coaching hire in the last half century or the most foolishly stupid coaching hire in the last half century. I get swinging for the fence, but he's proven nothing and so I think it would be the latter. And as far as winning as OC at ]ALABAMA with Saban as head coach? What one eyed, castrated spider monkey couldn't do that?

Somebody mentioned he'd win then leave in a year....but it's probably more like lose, knock up a coed, and then leave after a year.

NCDawg
09-20-2016, 02:14 PM

I would rather have Orgeron, anyway. He's a great recruiter, the players love him, and he would personally want to beat Ole Miss for the way they treated him.

lamont
09-20-2016, 02:18 PM
Says the person who called him a idiot just 72 hours ago for throwing 9 passes in a row.

If you notice- I haven't said I'd like him to be our HC

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2016, 02:33 PM

I'm probably the only USC fan here. Kiffin is TERRIBLE.

TrapGame
09-20-2016, 02:37 PM
Give me Larry Fedora anyday! and before y'all say he'I'll leave in 2 years, that could be any coach

I like Fedora. I also have been impressed with Jay Hopson too. The way he stepped in at USM with Monken's players and kept it going. I know he's an om guy but after the NCAA leaves a crater in Oxford no coach with a future is going to touch that job.

dawgday166
09-20-2016, 02:42 PM
I would rather have Orgeron, anyway. He's a great recruiter, the players love him, and he would personally want to beat Ole Miss for the way they treated him.

This would be a good thing to have again in our head coach. He don't have to be a big prick about it tho ... just kick their ass every time we play them. Then be gracious in victory.

Bothrops
09-20-2016, 02:43 PM
Kiffin wouldn't come here. I wouldn't want him for 1-2 years if he did.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-20-2016, 03:04 PM

Ron Zook went 23-14 at Florida. Let's hire him too**

WinningIsRelentless
09-20-2016, 03:12 PM
If you notice- I haven't said I'd like him to be our HC

You called the guy a moron and then said he is a good coach. It can't be both

Sacrifice
09-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Ron Zook went 23-14 at Florida. Let's hire him too**

Ron Zook was awesome in Breaking Bad, playing Ted Beneke

sleepy dawg
09-20-2016, 03:28 PM
I look forward to the next 20 years of remembering when Mullen was here and the glory days... back in the days when we had half a chance at a really good season most years, but b/c we had 1 bad season after a couple of our best, we had to move on.

After Mullen leaves, I predict we will never be #1 again. We will never be in the conversation for the playoffs again. We will never win 19 games over 2 seasons again. At least not in the next 15 years or so.

TrapGame
09-20-2016, 03:34 PM
After Mullen leaves, I predict we will never be #1 again. We will never be in the conversation for the playoffs again. We will never win 19 games over 2 seasons again. At least not in the next 15 years or so.

Mullen could stay and the same thing happen too Sleepy. I like Mullen and think he's done a fantastic job here but something is seriously wrong with him. It's been obvious for three years now. He's not giving 100% but he demands that his players do and the fans do as well. If Mullen coached and recruited with the same intensity I saw during the South Carolina game we'd be a perennial top 10 team with a top 10-12 recruiting class every year.

Todd4State
09-20-2016, 03:51 PM
I look forward to the next 20 years of remembering when Mullen was here and the glory days... back in the days when we had half a chance at a really good season most years, but b/c we had 1 bad season after a couple of our best, we had to move on.

This was the same thing the Ron Polk supporters told me 10 years ago about our baseball program.

WinningIsRelentless
09-20-2016, 04:18 PM
This was the same thing the Ron Polk supporters told me 10 years ago about our baseball program.

Coyne has more losing seasons here than Polk did. Goes both ways

Todd4State
09-20-2016, 04:36 PM
Coyne has more losing seasons here than Polk did. Goes both ways

And two of them are from trying to clean up Polk's mess.

Our baseball program is as good or better right now than it was in the 80's.

mic
09-20-2016, 05:00 PM

And after our last week at #1 our record is 11-9....

PassInterference
09-20-2016, 05:03 PM
If not for Petrino's record of applying for every job that will accept his resume, I'd take him from Louisville. He's only stayed there now because of his baggage. So I guess that's a no.

I'd give Kiffin a shot.

It might be worth looking at the AD and/or coach at Houston.

mic
09-20-2016, 05:24 PM
If not for Petrino's record of applying for every job that will accept his resume, I'd take him from Louisville. He's only stayed there now because of his baggage. So I guess that's a no.

I'd give Kiffin a shot.

Herman
Bobby P
Are both Pipe dreams unless our "new" AD works a miracle..

CadaverDawg
09-20-2016, 05:58 PM
Firing Mullen would be disastrous

Todd4State
09-20-2016, 06:21 PM

I'd give Kiffin a shot.

I think Kiffen is a good coach and he would do well here.

He sucked in the NFL? So did Saban. And many other college coaches.

He was only at Tennessee for one year and he got them to a bowl game in what amounts to a rebuilding year for them. He left them in shambles because a lot of their recruits followed him to USC. Had he stayed at Tennessee, no question they would have done well.

He took the USC job which was his dream job- which would be good for us because that would eliminate his dream school from hiring him- and he had three straight winning seasons there including a 10 win season while they were on probation. If he has a full deck of scholarships to play with, I imagine they would still be close to Pete Carroll levels of winning.

Now, he leaves USC and ends up at Alabama which to me makes him even more attractive because you know he has learned a LOT from Saban over the past three years. He has an offense that is pro style but it’s also very versatile- a lot of spread and pistol concepts and formations.

He’s also a top 10 recruiter per 247 sports and you know he would improve our recruiting quite a bit including giving us a pipeline into California football which is a largely untapped area for us. And he’s good at developing QB’s as well.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2016, 06:32 PM

Which is still a very good record for us historically speaking.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2016, 06:34 PM

He was only at Tennessee for one year and he got them to a bowl game in what amounts to a rebuilding year for them. He left them in shambles because a lot of their recruits followed him to USC. Had he stayed at Tennessee, no question they would have done well.

He took the USC job which was his dream job- which would be good for us because that would eliminate his dream school from hiring him- and he had three straight winning seasons there including a 10 win season while they were on probation. If he has a full deck of scholarships to play with, I imagine they would still be close to Pete Carroll levels of winning.

Now, he leaves USC and ends up at Alabama which to me makes him even more attractive because you know he has learned a LOT from Saban over the past three years. He has an offense that is pro style but it’s also very versatile- a lot of spread and pistol concepts and formations.

He’s also a top 10 recruiter per 247 sports and you know he would improve our recruiting quite a bit including giving us a pipeline into California football which is a largely untapped area for us. And he’s good at developing QB’s as well.

You obviously know very little about USC football. They have been my second team since I was about 12. We do NOT want Lane Kiffen. Ed Ogeron is a WAY better head coach. Y'all have gone stark raving nuts.

msstate7
09-20-2016, 06:35 PM

Kind of an arbitrary place to start... why not since the beginning of '14 or the beginning of '15?

Really Clark?
09-20-2016, 06:43 PM

I remember the controversy over Orgeron contacting kids to not go to class at Tenn, the early enrollee's but did any of them actually leave? Ambles flipped to USC but that's it I think.

We also have to remember that Kiffin in one year at TN was on his way to creating massive violations. He couldn't do that stuff at USC while on probation.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2016, 06:50 PM
I remember the controversy over Orgeron contacting kids to not go to class at Tenn, the early enrollee's but did any of them actually leave? Ambles flipped to USC but that's it I think.

We also have to remember that Kiffin in one year at TN was on his way to creating massive violations. He couldn't do that stuff at USC while on probation.

The USC team when Kiffen got canned was one of the worst SC teams I had ever seen. Ogeron turned it around overnight and almost won the head job for real. Let that sink in.

Todd4State
09-20-2016, 06:55 PM
The USC team when Kiffen got canned was one of the worst SC teams I had ever seen. Ogeron turned it around overnight and almost won the head job for real. Let that sink in.

I would imagine that Orgeron learned a lot from his experience at Ole Miss not to mention he had more talent at USC than he did at Ole Miss as well.

I know that Nick Saban thought he was pretty good and took some heat for hiring him and it has turned out pretty well.

I don't care if you have USC talent if you are on probation like USC was they were going to struggle no matter what. Which should be pretty sobering for Ole Miss.

Todd4State
09-20-2016, 07:01 PM

How can you assume that he was on his way to creating massive probation when that didn't happen anywhere he was the head coach? Questionable recruiting tactics at times? Yes. But no major violations. The worst things he did at Tennessee were making up that story about Urban Meyer calling a recruit illegally when they were visiting Tennessee, the incident you mentioned and telling Alshon Jeffrey he would be pumping gas if he went to South Carolina.

MedDawg
09-20-2016, 07:07 PM

At OM, Orgeron apparently held 120-snap full-contact scrimmages on Thursdays before games. If he had quit doing just that one thing, he would have won a lot more games in Oxford.

Really Clark?
09-20-2016, 07:17 PM
How can you assume that he was on his way to creating massive probation when that didn't happen anywhere he was the head coach? Questionable recruiting tactics at times? Yes. But no major violations. The worst things he did at Tennessee were making up that story about Urban Meyer calling a recruit illegally when they were visiting Tennessee, the incident you mentioned and telling Alshon Jeffrey he would be pumping gas if he went to South Carolina.

What? Tenn got probation from that, and it added 2 years probation from the 2011 case to is athletic program from Garza while he was on Kiffin's staff at Tenn. They had to remove him from USC's coaching staff to an off the field position. They were also involved with the Willie Lyle mess to a much smaller degree than Oregon. And this was just in 14 months at Tenn.
It is listed in the NCAA major infractions database. If Kiffin hadn't left when this went down and kept doing just what he was already doing in his short time there, it would have been much worse.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2016, 07:57 PM
I would imagine that Orgeron learned a lot from his experience at Ole Miss not to mention he had more talent at USC than he did at Ole Miss as well.

I know that Nick Saban thought he was pretty good and took some heat for hiring him and it has turned out pretty well.

I don't care if you have USC talent if you are on probation like USC was they were going to struggle no matter what. Which should be pretty sobering for Ole Miss.

Todd, they literally HATED Kiffen. The players hated him, the students hated him, the fans hated him, and the alumni hated him. They barely tolerated him when he was winning . It showed up eventually. Heck they didn't want to hire him in the first place. He wasn't liked as an assistant at SC either. Saben could take ME as an offensive coordinator and still win. So could Pete Carroll.

I seen it dawg
09-20-2016, 08:25 PM
Todd, they literally HATED Kiffen. The players hated him, the students hated him, the fans hated him, and the alumni hated him. They barely tolerated him when he was winning . It showed up eventually. Heck they didn't want to hire him in the first place. He wasn't liked as an assistant at SC either. Saben could take ME as an offensive coordinator and still win. So could Pete Carroll.

If you hate him then I want him even more.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2016, 08:38 PM
If you hate him then I want him even more.

Well, if you had read the post you MIGHT have noticed I said THEY hated him. LOL.

Dawg61
09-20-2016, 11:41 PM

Art Briles

Dawg61
09-20-2016, 11:49 PM
Which recruiting class of Kiffen's was a bust? He only had one and it had several NFL guys in it. He wasn't a bust at Tennessee he just left them in January right before NSD and then stole recruits from them and Tennessee got burned badly from it. USC was his dream job though and he didn't pick when his dream job came calling. USC hired him all along with the intentions of making him the scapegoat. Kiffen is a good coach and he's a dickhead. He would bring us an attitude and swag so I wouldn't hate the hire as long as he brings some nasty assistants with him. Not his daddy though and Kiffen doesn't make my top 5 wish list.

Beaver
09-21-2016, 12:22 AM
Which recruiting class of Kiffen's was a bust? He only had one and it had several NFL guys in it. He wasn't a bust at Tennessee he just left them in January right before NSD and then stole recruits from them and Tennessee got burned badly from it. USC was his dream job though and he didn't pick when his dream job came calling. USC hired him all along with the intentions of making him the scapegoat. Kiffen is a good coach and he's a dickhead. He would bring us an attitude and swag so I wouldn't hate the hire as long as he brings some nasty assistants with him. Not his daddy though and Kiffen doesn't make my top 5 wish list.

Again, Tennessee's 2009 recruiting class was awful. Looked good on paper but many of them either left the program, were academically ineligible, criminals, or busts. He also could've signed Bryce Petty or Tajh Boyd in that cycle, but decided to go with neither and didn't sign a Qb.

Oh, and don't worry about Daddy Kiffin being on Lane's staff. Lane fired him while at USC.

Barking 13
09-21-2016, 01:05 AM
Here's a left field question... if you could, would you swap staffs with Florida? Mullen to FL and Mac to MSU

dawgday166
09-21-2016, 07:08 AM
nm

dawgday166
09-21-2016, 07:09 AM
Here's a left field question... if you could, would you swap staffs with Florida? Mullen to FL and Mac to MSU

Without a doubt! And Mac makes less too.