PDA

View Full Version : Dear/Gibson/Lee/Murphy?

confucius say
09-20-2016, 09:06 AM
Dear: obviously smn went on off the field. Does anybody know how long before he is out of dog house? Talk about a waste of a playmaker on a team with very few playmakers.

Gibson/Murphy: are they just not ready mentally yet? Or are they not as good as we were led to believe, especially Gibson who had a committable bama offer?

Lee: I don't know wth is going on here. I know he missed a curfew or smn a year ago, but can we not give him a five play package just to see if he can help us?

Really Clark?
09-20-2016, 09:12 AM
Dear: obviously smn went on off the field. Does anybody know how long before he is out of dog house? Talk about a waste of a playmaker on a team with very few playmakers.

Gibson/Murphy: are they just not ready mentally yet? Or are they not as good as we were led to believe, especially Gibson who had a committable bama offer?

Lee: I don't know wth is going on here. I know he missed a curfew or smn a year ago, but can we not give him a five play package just to see if he can help us?

There is more going on than just missing a curfew or some minor team rule violation. Some of it is continuous, some stuff is more significant violations. Throw in some head case issues with 1 or 2 of them.

confucius say
09-20-2016, 09:17 AM
There is more going on than just missing a curfew or some minor team rule violation. Some of it is continuous, some stuff is more significant violations. Throw in some head case issues with 1 or 2 of them.

Gibson too?

dawgday166
09-20-2016, 09:19 AM

I thought we recruited only high character kids who had their acts together? And bought into the hard work and discipline approach.

thf24
09-20-2016, 09:24 AM
As WMD alluded to yesterday, it's possible that the young guys not playing isn't just a Mullenism and actually justified. Look at Aeris on Saturday: he fumbled and busted two plays by running the wrong way on a handoff and whiffing in pass protection, all in the few snaps he was on the field, in his third year with the team. If he's beating out Gibson and Murphy for playing time then they can't be doing much better. It's starting to seem like a very real possibility that none of these guys are actually ready to play, in which case system over-complexity and/or poor position coaching need to be considered in addition to Mullen's stubborn loyalty to upperclassmen.

BrunswickDawg
09-20-2016, 09:28 AM
Y'all do realize that Dear started Saturday night, right???

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-20-2016, 09:32 AM

How many touches did he get?

confucius say
09-20-2016, 09:37 AM

No I didn't realize that. But it doesn't change anything. He supposedly is one of about 3 playmakers on offense. He needs 5-7 touches a game minimum

confucius say
09-20-2016, 09:39 AM
As WMD alluded to yesterday, it's possible that the young guys not playing isn't just a Mullenism and actually justified. Look at Aeris on Saturday: he fumbled and busted two plays by running the wrong way on a handoff and whiffing in pass protection, all in the few snaps he was on the field, in his third year with the team. If he's beating out Gibson and Murphy for playing time then they can't be doing much better. It's starting to seem like a very real possibility that none of these guys are actually ready to play, in which case system over-complexity and/or poor position coaching need to be considered in addition to Mullen's stubborn loyalty to upperclassmen.

Points noted. But could we not give them a five play package to learn just to see if they can help us? I don't need them to know every pass pro or the whole offense to do that.

LC Dawg
09-20-2016, 09:42 AM
Maybe some of these guys just don't want to work hard enough to learn and get better. When I watched Dak Sunday I thought about how he played as a freshman. He got where he is with a lot of hard work and studying.
Whatever is going on with these guys it still falls on the coaches to do whatever it takes to get the talented guys on the field but I find it hard to believe that our system is so complicated that after 2 full years Aeris wasn't coached well enough to do the things he couldn't do Saturday night. To me that also shows lack of effort on the part of the player.

WinningIsRelentless
09-20-2016, 09:53 AM
Guess what if we give them a 5 play package other teams will figure it out real quick and key on that when they come in.

Johnson85
09-20-2016, 10:06 AM
Guess what if we give them a 5 play package other teams will figure it out real quick and key on that when they come in.

I don't think a 5 play package implies run the same five plays over and over again. It implies run the 5 plays and get one of your better playmakers (assuming they are a better playmaker) 3 to 4 touches.

confucius say
09-20-2016, 10:15 AM

It wouldn't be the same plays every week. This happens all over America, often times for quarterbacks. I'm not saying it's the cure-all, I'm just trying to suggest ways to see if these guys can help us without knowing our entire offense. Simplify it for them.

Really Clark?
09-20-2016, 10:21 AM
Points noted. But could we not give them a five play package to learn just to see if they can help us? I don't need them to know every pass pro or the whole offense to do that.

I assume you are not talking about 5 plays for each of those you mentioned? You can't spend a third of your play calls in a game for that type of experimenting.

HSVDawg
09-20-2016, 10:26 AM
No I didn't realize that. But it doesn't change anything. He supposedly is one of about 3 playmakers on offense. He needs 5-7 touches a game minimum

Dear is never going to do a damn thing for us until he gives up the ghost at WR and commits full time to being a RB. MFer ain't Percy Harvin. I'm not sure if its on him for being stubborn or on our coaches for trying to either fulfill recruiting promises or they actually think he can play that role. Either way, something's gotta give. Will be the biggest waste of talent in awhile if we can't figure that out by the time he's an upperclassmen.

thf24
09-20-2016, 10:27 AM
Dear is never going to do a damn thing for us until he gives up the ghost at WR and commits full time to being a RB. MFer ain't Percy Harvin. I'm not sure if its on him for being stubborn or on our coaches for trying to either fulfill recruiting promises or they actually think he can play that role. Either way, something's gotta give. Will be the biggest waste of talent in awhile if we can't figure that out by the time he's an upperclassmen.

Isn't Dear on record saying he'll do whatever, and it's Mullen who's been adamant about him staying at WR?

BrunswickDawg
09-20-2016, 10:27 AM
How many touches did he get?

Only one I recall was a KR. Didn't watch close enough to see how much he played, if he got open, or if he was targeted any.

HSVDawg
09-20-2016, 10:36 AM
Isn't Dear on record saying he'll do whatever, and it's Mullen who's been adamant about him staying at WR?

I have no idea, but that would be yet another major screw up in our personnel management.

confucius say
09-20-2016, 10:37 AM
I assume you are not talking about 5 plays for each of those you mentioned? You can't spend a third of your play calls in a game for that type of experimenting.

Dear shouldn't need a package. He just needs to play a lot once he is out of the doghouse.

I'm talking about one of our backs, most likely Gibson.

confucius say
09-20-2016, 10:38 AM

Agreed. He/we are wasting him

mic
09-20-2016, 10:45 AM
We have a bunch of backup Sec Rbs top to bottom
And we need to cut bait for sure with one if not 2 of these guys
And if a couple of these guys are SEC backs and they aren't ready yet then we need to cut bait with RB coach
And finally if the staff knew this would be an issue after last year why did we not go out and find a juco back that could give us some productive snaps and carries
#countryclubboys

And with Dear rumor has it Dear knows now that RB is where he can get more touches let's see what if anything is done about it

HSVDawg
09-20-2016, 10:46 AM
Delete....wrong thread

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-20-2016, 10:52 AM
We have a bunch of backup Sec Rbs top to bottom
And we need to cut bait for sure with one if not 2 of these guys
And if a couple of these guys are SEC backs and they aren't ready yet then we need to cut bait with RB coach
And finally if the staff knew this would be an issue after last year why did we not go out and find a juco back that could give us some productive snaps and carries
#countryclubboys

And with Dear rumor has it Dear knows now that RB is where he can get more touches let's see what if anything is done about it

Almost a year ago I posted this and we still have no answers:

I'm a bit confused on what is actually happening with our running backs. Shump is Shump and now that we know his limitations, he should be put in a position to play to his strengths going forward. After him it's Lee and Williams and they're not seeing the field. Do we have confidence that either of them will develop into a SEC running back or are they limited as well? Is there problem a physical limitation or is it more of a mental thing with them? After that we have Gibson and he was great in high school, but we don't know how he will pan out. We aren't after any running backs for the current class, but 2017 looks good. Only problem is that is several years away and we need help now. Will we see a Juco running back in the mix to possibly bridge the gap or do we have what we have?

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?35209-Current-and-future-of-the-running-back-position&highlight=alec+murphy

Johnson85
09-20-2016, 11:12 AM

Dear could do plenty for us at WR. Not as much as he could do at RB, but the main problem is we've got to call his number at WR. Sweeps, bubble screens, whatever.

Bothrops
09-20-2016, 11:46 AM
I don't buy the "Rb's don't know pass protection" excuse. That is a copout, and I'm tired of seeing it mentioned. Fact is, we have 3 or 4 guys that are better at running the ball into traffic than the guy that's been assigned the role. There's simply no sensible explanation to benching 4 guys that need to be getting some game experience.

Political Hack
09-20-2016, 11:52 AM
Dear, doghouse.
Murphy, doghouse for career.
Lee, fumblitis.

No clue about Gibson.

Really Clark?
09-20-2016, 11:53 AM
I don't buy the "Rb's don't know pass protection" excuse. That is a copout, and I'm tired of seeing it mentioned. Fact is, we have 3 or 4 guys that are better at running the ball into traffic than the guy that's been assigned the role. There's simply no sensible explanation to benching 4 guys that need to be getting some game experience.

I think it's been overblown by both sides of the argument. And I get tired of the it's a copout side blowing it off just as much. But if you couldn't see the instances last weekend of missing assignments and blocks then you are just blinded by what you want to see. And no Holloway is not superior in pass blocking, just his size makes that absurd. But he knows his assignments more consistantly than the others and has the best hands as far as security. Even before the season I stated I wanted Williams to be the feature and still thinks it will happen but he is making glaring mistakes that is severely limiting his ability to get on the field.

LanceHarbor
09-20-2016, 11:56 AM
Dear, doghouse.
Lee, fumblitis.

No clue about Gibson.

?

fishwater99
09-20-2016, 12:03 PM
Nothing is wrong, Dan won't let them play because he has 2 senior RB's.

Johnson85
09-20-2016, 12:04 PM
I think it's been overblown by both sides of the argument. And I get tired of the it's a copout side blowing it off just as much. But if you couldn't see the instances last weekend of missing assignments and blocks then you are just blinded by what you want to see. And no Holloway is not superior in pass blocking, just his size makes that absurd. But he knows his assignments more consistantly than the others and has the best hands as far as security. Even before the season I stated I wanted Williams to be the feature and still thinks it will happen but he is making glaring mistakes that is severely limiting his ability to get on the field.

We have 6 RBs who have been on campus long enough to reasonably expect them to be able to play. Holloway can do pretty much everything but be bigger than 160 lbs. Shump can do everything but run the ball. That's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. But then we have Aeris, D Lee, Murphy, and Gibson who can't get on the field. With a streak like this, it seems like a coach should be fired. Either we have been awful in recruiting at the easiest position to recruit to for MSU, or we are doing an awful job with developing players. Out of 5 players over 4 recruiting classes, you completely strike out on finding somebody that can be an everydown back (I say 5 b/c Holloway is capable of doing exactly what he was recruited to do)? That's not bad luck. That's incompetence that somebody needs to answer for (somebody besides Holloway getting killed having to do the job that one or two of the other 5 should be doing).

thf24
09-20-2016, 12:10 PM

A fumble and two busted plays in only a few times more than that on the field Saturday night for Williams, and you think there's nothing wrong there? Dan's stubborn but he isn't stupid. Favoring upperclassmen is part of the equation no doubt, but it's never the whole story.

Madisonmd
09-20-2016, 12:59 PM
Definitely agree we need playmakers. Just not seeing where a 5-9 , 220+ lb , 4.7 forty WR is helping us? Cause, those are his numbers and his forty was slower than that not too long ago. Maybe thats why he's not playing as much? Dear has not been the same player since his 11th grade yr in HS. He has gained a ton of weight and its really hurt him. A miniature "Dontae".

AROB44
09-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Dear, doghouse.
Lee, fumblitis.

No clue about Gibson.

Sure wish I knew what happened here....

HoopsDawg
09-20-2016, 01:05 PM
I would like to see Shumpert as our feature back. Occasionally, motion Dear and Mixon into the backfield as the TB with Shumpert as the blocking back.

dparker
09-20-2016, 01:10 PM
But if you couldn't see the instances last weekend of missing assignments and blocks then you are just blinded by what you want to see.

This ^. Before the game I thought it was just an excuse until I saw RB whiffing on blocks left and right. But to the other side of the argument, we need to stop calling plays that require that.

Johnson85
09-20-2016, 01:17 PM
Definitely agree we need playmakers. Just not seeing where a 5-9 , 220+ lb , 4.7 forty WR is helping us? Cause, those are his numbers and his forty was slower than that not too long ago. Maybe thats why he's not playing as much? Dear has not been the same player since his 11th grade yr in HS. He has gained a ton of weight and its really hurt him. A miniature "Dontae".

He didn't look that slow last year against A&M. Not much of a sample size, but he looked like a game changer at that time.

StatesboroBlues
09-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Dear, doghouse.
Lee, fumblitis.

No clue about Gibson.

Dear is in the doghouse but actually drew the start for the LSU game? This would be so Mullen...

mic
09-20-2016, 01:49 PM
I think Holloway had 5 carries Saturday ...

Once again we don't have a feature SEC back whatwver the reasons are..
And if we do then Knox should be fired last year for not having him ready
The coach speak "learning the system " is just that coach speak .. I think junior college transfer Ballard understood the "complex" offense pretty fast ..

That's why we have to close on these 2 backs this year..

HoopsDawg
09-20-2016, 01:52 PM

The coach speak "learning the system " is just that coach speak .. I think junior college transfer Ballard understood the "complex" offense pretty fast ..

That is correct. I've been telling this board for 2 years we don't have Jerious Norwood or Vick Ballard sitting on the bench. Yes, we haven't used Holloway correctly this year, but there are issues with the other guys.

Just need to give the ball to Shump and get Dear, Mixon and Holloway occasional carries.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-20-2016, 02:02 PM

Kylin Hill and ????

Tripp McNeely
09-20-2016, 02:19 PM

^^^It's this, and I'm not sure why people try to make it more complicated than it is.

dawgday166
09-20-2016, 02:20 PM
We have 6 RBs who have been on campus long enough to reasonably expect them to be able to play. Holloway can do pretty much everything but be bigger than 160 lbs. Shump can do everything but run the ball. That's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. But then we have Aeris, D Lee, Murphy, and Gibson who can't get on the field. With a streak like this, it seems like a coach should be fired. Either we have been awful in recruiting at the easiest position to recruit to for MSU, or we are doing an awful job with developing players. Out of 5 players over 4 recruiting classes, you completely strike out on finding somebody that can be an everydown back (I say 5 b/c Holloway is capable of doing exactly what he was recruited to do)? That's not bad luck. That's incompetence that somebody needs to answer for (somebody besides Holloway getting killed having to do the job that one or two of the other 5 should be doing).

This seems to make pretty good sense.

Johnson85
09-20-2016, 02:33 PM
Who should be fired if we don't have a feature SEC back between four different recruiting classes? As bad as OL recruiting has been, RB has probably been worse when considering how easy it is for us to recruit one RB versus 5 OL.

dawgday166
09-20-2016, 02:46 PM
Who should be fired if we don't have a feature SEC back between four different recruiting classes? As bad as OL recruiting has been, RB has probably been worse when considering how easy it is for us to recruit one RB versus 5 OL.

Honestly, if you take away JRob (which is also a little lightning in a bottle) and Vic Ballard, Mullen's RB recruiting has been horrible compared to previous MSU coaches (including Croom).

If you can't get a good RB out of MS somewhere, you being lazy. Or you don't know how to coach them. One or the other.

msstate7
09-20-2016, 02:53 PM
Honestly, if you take away JRob (which is also a little lightning in a bottle) and Vic Ballard, Mullen's RB recruiting has been horrible compared to previous MSU coaches (including Croom).

If you can't get a good RB out of MS somewhere, you being lazy. Or you don't know how to coach them. One or the other.

Perkins was hardly horrible...
3,268 career yards from scrimmage and 25 td's

Please don't stop your Mullen bash marathon though

dawgday166
09-20-2016, 02:55 PM
Perkins was hardly horrible...
3,268 career yards from scrimmage and 25 td's

Please don't stop your Mullen bash marathon though

I forgot about him.

msstate7
09-20-2016, 02:58 PM
I forgot about him.

So that pretty much covers every year of Mullen except last year and this one. I'm still hopeful aeris or shump finish strong

dawgday166
09-20-2016, 03:04 PM
So that pretty much covers every year of Mullen except last year and this one. I'm still hopeful aeris or shump finish strong

You're right and I stand corrected on this one. My mistake.

ETA: I do remember being impressed with Perkins either his SO or JR years and then underwhelmed the next year. And I've seen on this board many mentions of Perkins vs. JRob and how JRob should've been starting. And if you compare Perkins to Norwood or Dixon, I don't believe he compares well. At least he doesn't to me.

msstate7
09-20-2016, 03:08 PM

Happens to the best of us

TimberBeast
09-20-2016, 03:14 PM

And if Mullen plays one or both of them the entire SA and SC games, we would have won both games instead of one, and would have a RB that was ready to start and play vs. LSU. But he didn't, and here we are.

dawgday166
09-20-2016, 03:17 PM
Happens to the best of us

I don't know if you read my ETA above but, I had to go look up Perkins career stats. They were better than I expected. I jumped the gun on this one before I had my facts straight.

TimberBeast
09-20-2016, 03:18 PM

ETA: I do remember being impressed with Perkins either his SO or JR years and then underwhelmed the next year. And I've seen on this board many mentions of Perkins vs. JRob and how JRob should've been starting. And if you compare Perkins to Norwood or Dixon, I don't believe he compares well. At least he doesn't to me.

This is correct. Perkins started over JRob his senior year when everyone could see it should have been JRob starting. Perkins was good on the short passes. But, JRob was in "Mullen's doghouse" that year. That has to be an awfully big doghouse.

dawgday166
09-20-2016, 03:21 PM
This is correct. Perkins started over JRob his senior year when everyone could see it should have been JRob starting. Perkins was good on the short passes. But, JRob was in "Mullen's doghouse" that year. That has to be an awfully big doghouse.

LOL. I'm starting to think you should get an honorary degree, gold star, or some other award if you're able to stay out of it as a Fr or So RB.

Bothrops
09-20-2016, 03:32 PM

This is a Dan issue.

Really Clark?
09-20-2016, 03:41 PM
This is a Dan issue.

No. Players have half the responsibility. Too many with the desire to get better have come through the program and took too the coaching and became great players.

BB30
09-20-2016, 04:37 PM
Definitely part of it is on Dan. The other part is somewhat of a crap shoot. Aeris was projected to be extremely good and still has not been able to learn the system. Some of these kids might have all of the athletic ability in the world but if they can't learn the plays then you can't put them out there unless you want to get your QB killed in the process. You miss on one or two guys in consecutive classes and you have created a hole on the depth chart. It does not take but one or two mistakes in recruiting to create a problem. I think that is why you saw us sign so many backs a couple of years ago because we realized the current group was not catching on I.E. Aeris and Lee.

Bothrops
09-20-2016, 04:52 PM
All I know is that if Mullen had started plugging Lee back in the offense last season, and started giving Murphy, Williams and Gibson snaps in week 1, we wouldn't have this RB issue that we now face. Good job, Dan!

Really Clark?
09-20-2016, 05:08 PM
All I know is that if Mullen had started plugging Lee back in the offense last season, and started giving Murphy, Williams and Gibson snaps in week 1, we wouldn't have this RB issue that we now face. Good job, Dan!

That's not knowledge. That's false supposition without all of the facts and disregarding what we saw just last weekend from one of these backs you mention. And a big no on Lee last year and this.

Johnson85
09-20-2016, 05:14 PM
Definitely part of it is on Dan. The other part is somewhat of a crap shoot. Aeris was projected to be extremely good and still has not been able to learn the system. Some of these kids might have all of the athletic ability in the world but if they can't learn the plays then you can't put them out there unless you want to get your QB killed in the process. You miss on one or two guys in consecutive classes and you have created a hole on the depth chart. It does not take but one or two mistakes in recruiting to create a problem. I think that is why you saw us sign so many backs a couple of years ago because we realized the current group was not catching on I.E. Aeris and Lee.

Mullen and Co. haven't missed on one or two guys in consecutive classes. They've missed in four consecutive classes on at least 6 prospects. They got no everydown prospect in 2012 (signed Holloway; only other RB prospect was I guess Xavier Grindle). In 2013 they got Shumpert; no other prospect. In 2014 they got A. Williams and D. Lee. In 2015 they got N. Gibson and Alec Murhpy. If neither Gibson nor Murphy can get playing time considering the competition they are against, I don't think we should expect much out of either, even if it's only their second year on campus.

So for the second year in a row we've ended up with no legitimate SEC back when we didn't go after a JUCO back, and we didn't even use all of our 17ing scholarships. That really is worse than OLine recruiting considering how much easier it is to fill a RB position, where there are at most two positions to fill and realistically anybody good will be able to play their second year on campus compared to OL needing to fill five spots and nobody but studs being ready to play by their second year on campus.

msstate7
09-20-2016, 05:57 PM
Mullen and Co. haven't missed on one or two guys in consecutive classes. They've missed in four consecutive classes on at least 6 prospects. They got no everydown prospect in 2012 (signed Holloway; only other RB prospect was I guess Xavier Grindle). In 2013 they got Shumpert; no other prospect. In 2014 they got A. Williams and D. Lee. In 2015 they got N. Gibson and Alec Murhpy. If neither Gibson nor Murphy can get playing time considering the competition they are against, I don't think we should expect much out of either, even if it's only their second year on campus.

So for the second year in a row we've ended up with no legitimate SEC back when we didn't go after a JUCO back, and we didn't even use all of our 17ing scholarships. That really is worse than OLine recruiting considering how much easier it is to fill a RB position, where there are at most two positions to fill and realistically anybody good will be able to play their second year on campus compared to OL needing to fill five spots and nobody but studs being ready to play by their second year on campus.

Johnson, I really respect your opinion... you're probably the smartest con on the political board. With that said, I think you're melting prematurely. You essentially just called 2 rb's 3 games into their sophomore year and 2 rb's that haven't even stepped on the field yet busts. There's been flashes of us running the ball well with our rb's this year even though it hasn't been consistent yet. I think you see shump take over the primary ball carrier this Saturday and we get back to using Holloway as a supplement. I really think this will get us going offensively

Really Clark?
09-20-2016, 06:01 PM

I just want to address this JUCO RB we should have signed the last year or two that people keep bringing up. For the most part there is not one. The top guy went to Florida, he has less yards and less yards per carry than Shump in conference games. The #2 guy signed with MO and he is not even qualified for SEC stats of the top 50. He is also there second or third straight top JUCO RB they have signed. Nothing from any of them. The #3 back went to WV and is their back up. He is around 20th in Big 12 in yards per carry. The # 4 JUCO RB didn't sign. # 5 went to UAB, # 6 went to Utah and hasn't done anything. There were 6 total JUCO RB signed to Power 5 schools. 6. By and large there are not SEC RB waiting in JUCO anymore.

Bothrops
09-20-2016, 06:35 PM
That's not knowledge. That's false supposition without all of the facts and disregarding what we saw just last weekend from one of these backs you mention. And a big no on Lee last year and this.

Well what did we see??? What are you talking about? Lee averaged over 6 ypc in the little time he was out there in 2015. That makes him #1 in ypc average this year and last. What's wrong here? If he screwed up that bad, why would he still be on the team?

So, you don't think Gibson or Murphy could contribute now, if they had already cut their teeth in week 1? That'd be pretty hard to believe. And I don't believe it for a second.

I_Spy
09-20-2016, 06:41 PM
Holloway is a playmaker just not up the middle, dear could do that, a. Williams, Ross and gray are playmakers, it's just not in sync and I think Dan was saying it early that the QB's were not separating or standing out. I realize Nick is sophomore and Damian hasn't played much. The offense has no rhythm and u can't tell which one would do better.

Leo Lewis, Jefferson, Simmons, Bryant and spencer are my people this year and next probably.

If they could and maybe they can't, establish one of the other guys dear, a Williams anyone then Holloway would get even more yards on his plays probably as well as Ross and gray I think is what we are saying.

Or it's just not football if we can't get some production up the middle and we went a full year without it last year and we don't want to see that no more.

Obviously we had beckwith and day the last time we could do anything up the middle or the oline pushing downfield. Yes, one of those is on a Super Bowl team. Great job everyone but we can't go 3 years trying to rebuild ...I mean we should have a little push at least 4 or 5 yards by now. Up the mid

Really Clark?
09-20-2016, 06:55 PM
Well what did we see??? What are you talking about? Lee averaged over 6 ypc in the little time he was out there in 2015. That makes him #1 in ypc average this year and last. What's wrong here? If he screwed up that bad, why would he still be on the team?

So, you don't think Gibson or Murphy could contribute now, if they had already cut their teeth in week 1? That'd be pretty hard to believe. And I don't believe it for a second.

You didn't see Williams, one of the backs you mentioned and who I like and hope gets it together, miss multiple assignments in his limited action Sat? And not just blocking but a run he was going to get as well.

The time may come that Lee has to leave but I believe he is better off with them trying to get him straightened out being a part of the team. Especially since we have the scholarship available. But like this quote "If a coach can’t trust your effort in the weight room, the classroom and at practice, how can you be trusted to play in a game?" He has to clean up some stuff AND get his head and heart right. And his yard per avg in SEC games last year was 1 yard per carry. He did well in OOC games in small sample he was very timid against SEC opponents. Very timid.

I like Gibson and hope to see him as the season goes.

Murphy, is definitely trailing the other backs.

ATTILLA THE DOG
09-20-2016, 07:03 PM
Gibson is the real deal,trust me on this,if mullen will just give him a chace he will shine

I_Spy
09-20-2016, 07:18 PM
Well Dak says they run an NFL offense and maybe that is hard to learn and could be why our guys play well in NFL...
But we can't bypass college fun just to make great NFL players, we need both. I know Dan is the type to make best player sit. I've never tried to learn football plays. It may be a lot to it. The new staff may get it together.

We need the bird formation the V for victory by oline to run up the mid only way football, as plays, make sense to me.

Bothrops
09-20-2016, 07:57 PM
You didn't see Williams, one of the backs you mentioned and who I like and hope gets it together, miss multiple assignments in his limited action Sat? And not just blocking but a run he was going to get as well.

The time may come that Lee has to leave but I believe he is better off with them trying to get him straightened out being a part of the team. Especially since we have the scholarship available. But like this quote "If a coach can’t trust your effort in the weight room, the classroom and at practice, how can you be trusted to play in a game?" He has to clean up some stuff AND get his head and heart right. And his yard per avg in SEC games last year was 1 yard per carry. He did well in OOC games in small sample he was very timid against SEC opponents. Very timid.

I like Gibson and hope to see him as the season goes.

Murphy, is definitely trailing the other backs.

Well I'm glad to hear something positive about one of them, in Gibson. Let's get him on the field some. I remember Lee playing timid a couple of times, but I've also seen him push the pile. Hopefully, they can reach him.

Really Clark?
09-20-2016, 08:23 PM
Well I'm glad to hear something positive about one of them, in Gibson. Let's get him on the field some. I remember Lee playing timid a couple of times, but I've also seen him push the pile. Hopefully, they can reach him.

Yeah. And like I said I do like Williams still. Got to execute though in SEC games. Eventhough we haven't talked about him thought Shump had a nice game. He just is what he is but ran with authority last week.

msstate7
09-20-2016, 08:29 PM
Yeah. And like I said I do like Williams still. Got to execute though in SEC games. Eventhough we haven't talked about him thought Shump had a nice game. He just is what he is but ran with authority last week.

Not just last week for shump...

Vs USA -- 3 att 14 yds 4.67 yds/att
Vs usce -- 5 att 28 yds 5.60 yds/att
Vs lsu -- 6 att 34 yds 5.67 yds/att

He's earned the right to be the starter this week imo. He needs 10-15 carries Saturday

Really Clark?
09-20-2016, 08:39 PM
Not just last week for shump...

Vs USA -- 3 att 14 yds 4.67 yds/att
Vs usce -- 5 att 28 yds 5.60 yds/att
Vs lsu -- 6 att 34 yds 5.67 yds/att

He's earned the right to be the starter this week imo. He needs 10-15 carries Saturday

True. Just still wasn't as sold that he was really able to sustain that until last week against a much tougher defense. He wasn't bad in the Bowl game last year either. Just Williams had that long run that kind of over shadowed it.

Bothrops
09-20-2016, 08:47 PM
Williams has a little quick to him. I'd like to see him catching a pass out of the backfield.