PDA

View Full Version : Who is worse between Matt Millen and Craig James?

deltadawg99
08-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Millen is unbearable at 99% of the time. He is about as good at commentating as he he was being a GM for the Lions.

Todd4State
08-30-2013, 08:11 AM
Millen was a good LB. After that he should have quit.

smootness
08-30-2013, 08:21 AM
Without a doubt, Matt Millen. That may be influenced by the fact that I heard him last, but he really is truly terrible. The funny thing is that he tries to talk about individual players' level of talent, and that was the thing he was worst at evaluating as GM.

I still struggle to figure out exactly what makes him an expert. Ok, he became an NFL GM. But he was atrocious at it, probably the worst of all time. He drafted a WR in the top 10 three years in a row. That is all-time epic hilarity/failure. He then made it 4 of 5, but at least Calvin was well worth it.

He presided over the worst eight-year record in the history of the league. And immediately after he was fired, they began building a pretty good team, despite the dearth of real talent after essentially forfeiting a 1st round pick four years in a row (remember, he drafted Joey Harrington, too).

The guy is clueless as a football talent evaluator, or in regard to building a good football team. It's no wonder he thought the be-all, end-all of that game was a freshman WR.

Todd4State
08-30-2013, 08:23 AM
Well, to play devil's advocate- he was a decent analyst on Fox for the NFL in the studio with JB, Terry, and Howie. He probably belongs in the NFL TV world. But I also think his fateful run as Lion's GM probably kills his credibility in that arena- which is why he is stuck with college FB.

deltadawg99
08-30-2013, 08:36 AM
I was not aware until Matt Millen pointed it out 1000 times that RK was the number one recruit in the country and they Treadwell was also highly recruited.

starkvegasdawg
08-30-2013, 08:50 AM
I was not aware until Matt Millen pointed it out 1000 times that RK was the number one recruit in the country and they Treadwell was also highly recruited.

I just wish he had told us earlier that Vandy had no answer for Treadwell. I kept wondering why they weren't covering him the second half but never knew the reason why.

archdog
08-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Get ready, that type of gold star commentary will be replayed at every game this season. On the flip side, I bet for 2 years they don't mention Will Redmond's name without mentioning him taking illegal benefits.

Hell if they would ever mention Sidney's name again I bet they mention his high school illegal benefits.

Bullmutt
08-30-2013, 09:04 AM
I admit that I actually thought Millen was Ok until last night. But, when he spent the entire night jacking off a bunch of true freshman who have yet to have their meddle tested, I quickly changed my mind. Are they talented? Yes. Do they have promising careers? Yes. But they have yet to do anything on the field against a top SEC team. Based on his gushing, you would think they were all Heisman candidates this year! I particularly got tired of hearing him say Vandy had no answer for Treadwell. Maybe Vandy didn't, but you can bet your ass that other top SEC defenses will. And after all Millen's early hyping of RN, I'm sure alot of non-SEC viewers were expecting him to end the night with a dozen sacks. It was almost as if the powers that be at ESPN had given these guys a mandate to heap praise on OM and their anointed frosh. Pretty disgusting.

Another thing. I would trade two Treadwells for one Matthews any day of the week! And don't you have to wonder how embarrased ESPN and their announcers are going to be if/when the NCAA decides to drop the hammer on OM based on their recruiting chicanery of these very players?

Todd4State
08-30-2013, 10:04 AM
As far as Ole Miss being investigated- ESPN has to build them up before they tear them down.

Fader21
08-30-2013, 11:18 AM
I know Millen loved to draft receivers that didnt pan out. But man he loved treadwell