PDA

View Full Version : Great Point by Brandon Walker on BSR Today

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2016, 02:54 PM
Said our best players haven't been good enough.

Before the season, you would have said Ross, Richie, and Bryant would have been our best chance at having an All SEC player this year.

All three have stunk. Ross made three game changing mistakes against LSU, Richie misses tackles, and Bryant is lost.

Extremely disappointing how poorly these guys have played and led this team.

civildawg
09-19-2016, 03:02 PM
Agree. Byrant has looked bad, no other way to put it.

jumbo
09-19-2016, 03:12 PM
I'll give you Brown and Bryant, but outside of a few drops Ross has been alright. his "struggles" imo have more to do with the guys trying to get him the ball.

Bodaski
09-19-2016, 03:39 PM
Ritchie has struggled as much or more than he did last year making tackles. IMO, he's would be better either in star or viper position. He has a hard time getting off blocks, but he does tackle better in pursuit and taking angles. I was expecting more from Calvin too. Bryant talked a strong game pre-season but has not lived up to the talk. J.T. Gray has struggled and looks a step slow all the time. I think as a state fan not use to having elite talent we are somewhat mis-guided in our judgement of just how good our players are compared to other schools in the SEC. Dak was the "alpha dawg" and made made others around him better. We are playing without that leadership and it's showing in every game. Someone has got to step up and take charge and it needs to be soon. I'm not talking rah rag BS, I'm talking playing the role by on the field play. That is where you earn respect. So far, Fitz mannerism doesn't convince me he is that guy.

preachermatt83
09-19-2016, 03:43 PM
Bryant has been a HUGE disappointment. I'll tell you another one that's been disappointing considering what we were thinking he was gonna be... Gerri Green.

msstate7
09-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Bryant has been a HUGE disappointment. I'll tell you another one that's been disappointing considering what we were thinking he was gonna be... Gerri Green.

Might could turn 2 disappointments into 1 plus by moving Gerri into richie's spot. I just don't think Richie has the stopping power inside vs tough running teams

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-19-2016, 04:00 PM
Said our best players haven't been good enough.

Before the season, you would have said Ross, Richie, and Bryant would have been our best chance at having an All SEC player this year.

All three have stunk. Ross made three game changing mistakes against LSU, Richie misses tackles, and Bryant is lost.

Extremely disappointing how poorly these guys have played and led this team.

How much of that is due to not having consistency on the defensive staff? He's learned a new system every year he's been here.

Cooterpoot
09-19-2016, 04:05 PM
Bryant has never been one of our best players. The potential is there. But he's not looked good yet. We've got two freaks that can play safety and neither have been able to handle it.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
09-19-2016, 04:14 PM
None of our So called Ballers have produced anything that would be considered Balling out that's for sure! Huge disappointment so far!

Political Hack
09-19-2016, 04:24 PM
Bryant made LF7's highlight reel.

No need to rip guys after 3 games. Long season and most the ones mentioned here will be our best players by year's end.

WinningIsRelentless
09-19-2016, 04:30 PM
Might could turn 2 disappointments into 1 plus by moving Gerri into richie's spot. I just don't think Richie has the stopping power inside vs tough running teams

Bingo

Bothrops
09-19-2016, 04:31 PM
Ross hasn't stunk, that's nuts! He scored and helped give us a chance to win at LSU, not to mention had a huge reception to set up a touchdown. Wtf..

Ritchie looks soft and seems physically weaker compared to last year.

Bryant looks lost and tired on the field. Seemingly always a few steps away from where he should be on the play. He's a big time talent, so this shouldn't be the case by now.

Our coaches need to get their shit together.

SPMT
09-19-2016, 11:14 PM

Green easily showed the athleticism and brains to be linebacker. He may just be out of position.

FISHDAWG
09-20-2016, 07:43 AM
it's not like we are loaded with 5-stars ... we are working with what we have and yes, Mullen has upgraded our talent from what we used to have to play with ... yes, Mullen has played guys out of position, but there were complaints against Sherrill as well ... We are a small state and have two SEC schools here competing for the same guys not to mention Bama & LSU coming after our top talent ... getting a little tired of the bashing of players here ... especially the ones that could have gone elsewhere - which is most of our team

mic
09-20-2016, 07:49 AM
Us being 1-2 has nothing to do with Richie , BB, or Ross... And the lack of production by Ross is a stupid comment..
If we score 24 points each game we are 3-0 .. If some of these talking heads want a topic there you go...

TNDawg35
09-20-2016, 08:08 AM
To me, Richie misses too many tackles. I have thought that since last yr. There are tons of times where he is in the right spot at the right time, but just flat misses the guy. He seems like instead of laying the wood, he tries to "finesse" them to the ground. MAN UP and knock the SHIT out of someone for a change... That goes for the whole damn defense... We saw it against USCe, but then they seemed to go back into hiding against LSU. The guys should have been told last wk DO NOT go high on LF7. You will get your ass handed to you. PERIOD!

We play too damn soft most of the time. We have talent. We have the coaches. They all need to grow up and play the damn game. Mullen needs to coach like he did against USCe in the 1st half, balls to the wall. Get some damn "Kenny Powers" attitude! haha. I want that team all yr long. Not just a half of a game every once in awhile against a 17n cupcake...

RougeDawg
09-20-2016, 08:26 AM
To me, Richie misses too many tackles. I have thought that since last yr. There are tons of times where he is in the right spot at the right time, but just flat misses the guy. He seems like instead of laying the wood, he tries to "finesse" them to the ground. MAN UP and knock the SHIT out of someone for a change... That goes for the whole damn defense... We saw it against USCe, but then they seemed to go back into hiding against LSU. The guys should have been told last wk DO NOT go high on LF7. You will get your ass handed to you. PERIOD!

We play too damn soft most of the time. We have talent. We have the coaches. They all need to grow up and play the damn game. Mullen needs to coach like he did against USCe in the 1st half, balls to the wall. Get some damn "Kenny Powers" attitude! haha. I want that team all yr long. Not just a half of a game every once in awhile against a 17n cupcake...

He lies the ultimate problem. 12 full quarters of football this season, and our $4mil plus coach only acted like he cared about winning for 2 of those quarters. Anyone still on the Mullen bandwagon after all this lack of effort and even remotely caring about winning, must be blind or mentally challenged. He checked out 2 years ago and hasn't checked back in. 6 wins won't get him an extension after this season. Less than 6 will get him the door. Keenum is slowly choking out the weeds, so to speak. Dan won't change and we aren't going to pay a large buyout. We are willing to sacrifice this seasons d possibly next to find the right coach because this one has his days numbered. The W/L columns will determine those at seasons end.

RiverCityDawg
09-20-2016, 08:45 AM
Less than 6 will get him the door.

So you're saying he's fired for going 5-7? Zero chance.

Todd4State
09-20-2016, 09:42 AM
So you're saying he's fired for going 5-7? Zero chance.

At what point do we look beyond the won/loss record though? And no I am not saying 5-7 and fire Dan. But I think Scott needs to evaluate the entire program and not just what we did for the season.

WinningIsRelentless
09-20-2016, 09:47 AM
Using some of y'alls matrix John C should have been gone the year after the cws.

Todd4State
09-20-2016, 10:48 AM
Using some of y'alls matrix John C should have been gone the year after the cws.

We were a two seed in a regional the year after Omaha. That would equate out to a top 17-32 team in college football which would be 7-8 wins in football approximately.

If you are talking about the year after that where we had a losing season- like I said the program needed to be evaluated at that point. Yes, we had a losing season but Cohen also had been recruiting at a very high level with a freshman class that was possibly his best coming in and I don't think anyone questioned whether he wanted to be at MSU or his effort during the season. Plus he had also had a lot of success the previous four seasons prior to that and we set a record for players going to the Cape that offseason.

That's my point about not just looking at the won/loss record. You have to look at multiple factors. Past success, recruiting, what is our prospectus going forward with how we currently do business, are the assistants holding us back and does a change there remedy some of the problems, and etc.