PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Armchair QB: Tiger Claws Edition

War Machine Dawg
09-19-2016, 10:32 AM
Peeps, the Tiger Claws Edition of ACQB is available (http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2016/09/19/ms-state-armchair-qb-tiger-claws-edition/) at M&WN. Check it out, let me know what you think.

dawgday166
09-19-2016, 10:35 AM
You going soft on us? **********

confucius say
09-19-2016, 11:11 AM
Good stuff. We did go for it on fourth down 4 times though, at least twice in the fourth quarter down 23-6 and 23-20.

Irondawg
09-19-2016, 11:26 AM
Cooke has some sort of injury and was wearing a brace. Guessing that's why he wasn't on kickoffs.

War Machine Dawg
09-19-2016, 11:46 AM
Cooke has some sort of injury and was wearing a brace. Guessing that's why he wasn't on kickoffs.

That makes sense. Figured it was probably injury related.

Sacrifice
09-19-2016, 12:09 PM
We are wasting Malik Dear! He's not a WR, he's an explosive RB with great hands. He'll never be drafted as a WR. He would have a shot playing RB. I don't get it, we don't have a RB playing right now that has his type of ability. I don't know about his off the field stuff, I'm just talking about what I've seen from him with the ball in his hands. Plus I know what I've seen from our current RBs.
I know we wanna get the ball in his hands in space but he can do that from the RB position too.

thf24
09-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Your point about Aeris makes me seriously consider that maybe the younger guys aren't seeing the field because they actually shouldn't be. You're absolutely right that a running back should be ready to contribute at least in a simplified capacity after one fall camp, yet Aeris is in year 3 and still making glaring mistakes both as the (intended) ballcarrier and in support. I can't help but wonder if he and the others actually aren't ready because they're getting less than adequate position coaching.

War Machine Dawg
09-19-2016, 07:16 PM
Your point about Aeris makes me seriously consider that maybe the younger guys aren't seeing the field because they actually shouldn't be. You're absolutely right that a running back should be ready to contribute at least in a simplified capacity after one fall camp, yet Aeris is in year 3 and still making glaring mistakes both as the (intended) ballcarrier and in support. I can't help but wonder if he and the others actually aren't ready because they're getting less than adequate position coaching.

You're actually helping make my point. There are two possibilities: 1) We are running an offense that is way too complicated for the college game and the time constraints that come with it or 2) Our RBs are so poorly coached it takes them 2-3 years to be ready to contribute. Regardless of which one it is, there is a common denominator with both possibilities - coaching. If our scheme is too complicated, then Dan needs to scrap it and simplify. Allow your athletes the freedom to go be athletes. If the problem is poor position coaching, then fire Knox. Bring in some fresh blood and someone who can get these guys ready to contribute.

RB is far and away the easiest position on the field to play and contribute early. It's well beyond ridiculous that it takes 2-3 years for us to get a RB ready to contribute even on a limited basis. This is a major problem that needs to be fixed ASAP. No big time RB recruit wants to come and sit while learning the offense. They not only want to play, but expect to play and play early. We have got to start getting our freshmens on the field.

Here's the big question: Why isn't D-Lee getting a chance? He & Aeris are part of the same recruiting class. They've been in the system the same amount of time. And to be blunt, D-Lee looked like the better RB last year. The problems were 1) breaking curfew at the USM game in Hattiesburg (his hometown) and 2) not liking going to class. Assuming he's gotten that straightened our, why is he being forced to stand on the sideline watching? If he hasn't fixed the off-the-field stuff, someone needs to leak it so we know. Until then, it just makes no sense for D-Lee to not be allowed on the field when he & Aeris have the same time in the system. The whole RB situation smells like a dead fish right now. #FreeD-Lee

Bothrops
09-19-2016, 10:31 PM
Is D-Lee even still on the team? In what little action he saw last year, he averaged over 6 ypc. That kind of shit will get you benched on a Mullen team.

War Machine Dawg
09-20-2016, 10:36 AM
Is D-Lee even still on the team? In what little action he saw last year, he averaged over 6 ypc. That kind of shit will get you benched on a Mullen team.

Feels like J-Rob & Perk all over aGAIN, doesn't it? Right down to off-the-field and everything.

blacklistedbully
09-20-2016, 12:05 PM
I'm surprised there was no mention of Fournette's punch to the head of Coman. BTW...shame on those announcers, as well as the refs for covering for LF on that and on the hold at the beginning of the following video.

Note the video begins with the obvious LF hold on Leo Lewis that resulted in an LSU TD. What makes it a LOT worse is the announcers are using it to tlak about what a great blocker LF is, and how well he, "picked up the blitz". They are just so eager to sing his praises they can look at that and convince themselves it's something other than what it really was...a blatant hold.

Then fast forward to the play that starts at the 54 second mark of the video to see the punch. How is LF not immediately ejected? It was right out in the open, just as was the hold. And again, the announcers going on & on about how LF was somehow not to blame because he was, "responding to Coman stepping over him after the tackle". Take a look at teh video and tell me at what point does Coman "step over" LF after the play?

It didn't happen, yet those announcers spent a good chuck of time talking about how wrong and disrespectful we were to LF for doing that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9sHp2gkmzc