PDA

View Full Version : Dak has made the NFL fun again (& TX governor is a Dak fan)

oildawg
09-19-2016, 09:17 AM
For the last 30 years, I have only been a "fringe" or "marginal" fan of the NFL. I don't know - probably because I spent all my emotional capital on MSU on Saturdays, that I don't want to spent any more time watching the NFL on Sundays.

But, with Dak starting in the NFL, it has been fun getting to know the Cowboys. Both games have been very exciting to watch. The Cowboys D is not very good. Our receivers are really good - in particular, I like that #11. And, the FG kicker - if I am not mistaken, they said he has the highest accuracy in NFL HISTORY. Wow, that sure comes in handy.

Although I haven't been much of a NFL fan, the Cowboys were always my least favorite team. Always. But, that has now changed. Go Dak, Go Cowboys....

Oh, by the way, even Greg Abbott (Texas Governor) is a Dak supporter! https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/777602479760543744

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/777602479760543744

maroonmania
09-19-2016, 09:55 AM
In the Tom Landry/Roger Staubach days, the Cowboys for most fans were even if not liked, VERY respected as both of those guys were high caliber people and men of faith and conviction. Jerry Jones is well Jerry Jones. I'm personally just not a big NFL guy at least until playoff time but I'm certainly a Dak guy and will watch him and pull for him with the Cowboys every chance I get.

BrunswickDawg
09-19-2016, 10:03 AM
I was a Falcons fan growing up, but the Cowboys were my #2. I lost interest being in the Jacksonville TV market - which means Sundays of crap and inept play are all I get to see. But, by some miracle of Customer Service, DirecTv gave me NFL Sunday ticket for FREE - and I have started watching Dak each week.

gtowndawg
09-19-2016, 10:10 AM
I thought about posting the same thing. I've never had a NFL team I've followed, just players. But I've watched every snap of the Cowboys so far and I feel emotionally invested now. And as we all know, when you get emotionally invested, you're officially a fan. For heaven's sake, I just looked up the Cowboys next game, who they play and time. I've never done that for an NFL game.