PDA

View Full Version : Want to make sure we.....

DogsofAnarchy
09-18-2016, 11:19 PM
are all on the same page. I appreciate what Dan has done for us at MSU. But he has made some boneheaded decisions in his tenure as a play-caller and as a recruiter. He is a micro-manager and that's why our defense continues to look the same way and our special teams have never improved. He refuses to run the "running spread" which would seem to fit the personnel that we are most likely to recruit at MSU. Instead he wants to be seen as a QB kuru and has made us QB centric. We need to be OL, RB and Defensive Line centric. More of those guys around for us to have. We also need to sign JC players every damn year!! No exception. He also needs to drop the developmental description of our program and put the players on the field that are the most talented. Now with that said, these things wouldn't have to be said in public if it weren't for the fact that some of us have been saying for years this type recruiting and micro managing would catch up with him if he didn't back off and take some advise from people who have been involved around these parts since before his dumb ass was born. So for the rest of this season, I want to see better play calling, with more imagination and younger personnel on the field where they will gain experience before next year where that won't be an excuse.

bayoubengal014
09-18-2016, 11:26 PM
Bring back Jackie Sherrill!!!!!

DancingRabbit
09-18-2016, 11:31 PM
Hud is da man!

bayoubengal014
09-18-2016, 11:35 PM
Hud is da man!

I could see Mark Hudspeth from UL being a good hire. Dan Mullen looks like a turtle.

Bothrops
09-19-2016, 01:30 AM
Dan is better and worse than Hud...but mostly better.

GTHOM
09-19-2016, 02:32 AM
are all on the same page. I appreciate what Dan has done for us at MSU. But he has made some boneheaded decisions in his tenure as a play-caller and as a recruiter. He is a micro-manager and that's why our defense continues to look the same way and our special teams have never improved. He refuses to run the "running spread" which would seem to fit the personnel that we are most likely to recruit at MSU. Instead he wants to be seen as a QB kuru and has made us QB centric. We need to be OL, RB and Defensive Line centric. More of those guys around for us to have. We also need to sign JC players every damn year!! No exception. He also needs to drop the developmental description of our program and put the players on the field that are the most talented. Now with that said, these things wouldn't have to be said in public if it weren't for the fact that some of us have been saying for years this type recruiting and micro managing would catch up with him if he didn't back off and take some advise from people who have been involved around these parts since before his dumb ass was born. So for the rest of this season, I want to see better play calling, with more imagination and younger personnel on the field where they will gain experience before next year where that won't be an excuse.

Dan is calling plays like he has Dak on the roster. Dak gone. Dak winning in the NFL now. We dont have anything close to Dak at QB but we got a guy who can run in your terms, the ''running spread'' and we should. Mullen did run that his early years here with teams a lot like this one. I think Dan believes that offense is beneath him now and hes the great guru who can run this garbage and still compete. We cant and we wont. I feel bad for the defense because they fought their asses off and Dan Walsh and bad execution by several key offensive players let them down.

starkvegasdawg
09-19-2016, 02:35 AM
We hire Hud and all the NCAA investigators that have spent the last four years in Oxford and not been able to see their families, would just pack up there and unpack at the Hilton Garden Inn here.

lamont
09-19-2016, 03:48 AM
We won't even consider Hud for the job

DogsofAnarchy
09-19-2016, 06:47 AM
exactly right!! As usual buddy. We are WAY past Hud and he knows it. I do believe however, that this has run its course and now we will see if these higher ups wait to long or not.

QUOTE=Random Poster;615136]We won't even consider Hud for the job[/QUOTE]

mic
09-19-2016, 07:14 AM
We won't even consider Hud for the job

Nor should we... There is a reason He is STILL at ULL

DownwardDawg
09-19-2016, 07:17 AM
I could see Mark Hudspeth from UL being a good hire. Dan Mullen looks like a turtle.

Where is the enforcer?????? Cadaver??? Anybody????

DownwardDawg
09-19-2016, 07:18 AM

I'm on the same page. I was looking forward to seeing that run spread this season. The last thing I expected is what we are seeing right now. Pass happy little finesse team. It's cute.

BB30
09-19-2016, 08:39 AM

Dan may or may not be the guy. Shopping his name around and taking a break on recruiting is all on him. That being said, you cant put a square peg in a round hole and unfortunately our younger talent is not ready to play yet. Look at Aeris we all saw why he has not played more. In my opinion that is also on Dan. But, most of our young talent that is ready to play is playing. You cant cherry pick, when we have had elite top end freshman they have played from the first day they walked on campus.And, right now I feel more confident that we can get a quality QB on campus than a stud LT. It looks like we have our RB if he stays on board in this class. He certainly has issues that he just seems to not get over. LSU was keying on Fitz running ability from the start of the game and pretty much dared us to throw the football. We had several guys wide open that could have walked into the endzone if we just make a pass. We easily left 3 tds on the field due to missing guys.If the defense isn't giving you the look you need to run the ball then what good does it do to pound it right at them for a 1yd pick up? I don't know what the answer is but anyone that thought we were going to win 8,9 or 10 games had lost their mind this year. Many thought losing Dak would not be a big deal. You don't just replace an NFL QB. There was always going to be some growing pains.

Gutter Cobreh
09-19-2016, 08:56 AM
I don't know what the answer is but anyone that thought we were going to win 8,9 or 10 games had lost their mind this year. Many thought losing Dak would not be a big deal. You don't just replace an NFL QB. There was always going to be some growing pains.

I disagree. How many different QBs has Alabama had in the past 4 years? Do they not adapt their offense to the personnel they have? Hell, Sims wasn't even a QB going into the year he started and yet they found a way to make that work.

I realize we don't have the talent of Alabama, but there are a multitude of examples where programs don't fall off the cliff because they lost their starting QB. The fact remains, we haven't shown the ability to coach certain positions nor are we flexible enough to adapt to the talent we do have on the team.

We aren't MSU in the Croom era where we were only bringing in marginally talented players. We have talent. Our mentality around adjustments isn't there.

Am I the only one that noticed Sirmon consulting with Mullen at the end of the LSU game when we needed a stop? Mullen has his hands in everything and hasn't shown the ability to manage. Saban manages, Mullen coaches. It's why you saw Saban "dressing down" Kiffen. He gives his coordinators room to execute....

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2016, 08:58 AM
I'm not on your page

sleepy dawg
09-19-2016, 09:05 AM

We're not all on the same page, and we won't ever be. First, our special teams has improved. Last game should be a testament to that, and the 1 penalty has more to do with discipline/stupidity that it does being good on ST.

Also, I don't agree that we need to be (fill in the blank) centric team. We need to win, and there are numerous ways to do that.