PDA

View Full Version : Florida gator defense

msstate7
09-18-2016, 05:10 PM
Before I give the stats, I'll concede they haven't played good teams... Umass, Kentucky, and north Texas. Even with the weak opponents, the Florida defense is dominant! Thru 3 games, they've given up 389 yards, period. They've given up 14 points total. This is a very good defense

dawgday166
09-18-2016, 05:30 PM
I really like Collins as a coordinator. This doesn't surprise me. I tend to believe they will be very good. Still early to tell tho.

GreenheadDawg
09-18-2016, 05:48 PM
I guess McElwain allows him to run his defense as he sees fit. He's not forced to run a bend then break defense

DownwardDawg
09-18-2016, 06:07 PM
I guess McElwain allows him to run his defense as he sees fit. He's not forced to run a bend then break defense

This plus better athletes. Collins was terrible here.

Sacrifice
09-18-2016, 06:11 PM
I watched one of there games and the commentator was talking about how well Collins teaches bump and run D with the corners. I just laughed

DogsofAnarchy
09-18-2016, 06:27 PM
Dan Mullen calls the defenseman MSU. That's why we haven't kept a DC for long. Watch the replay on LSU's 3rd down play late in the 4th quarter. Look who makes the defensive call. There it is for y'all on Camera.

QUOTE=msstate7;614969]Before I give the stats, I'll concede they haven't played good teams... Umass, Kentucky, and north Texas. Even with the weak opponents, the Florida defense is dominant! Thru 3 games, they've given up 389 yards, period. They've given up 14 points total. This is a very good defense[/QUOTE]

bluelightstar
09-18-2016, 06:29 PM
This plus better athletes. Collins was terrible here.

All of our defenses are pretty consistently blah and they have the same deficiencies. That's really curious after five DCs.

GreenheadDawg
09-18-2016, 06:45 PM
All of our defenses are pretty consistently blah and they have the same deficiencies. That's really curious after five DCs.

Bingo. Doesn't matter who the damn DC is. Gonna be the same defense

msstate7
09-18-2016, 06:48 PM
Should've known better, but this thread wasn't created to rip Mullen. I just thought it was remarkable how well florida's defense has played.

GreenheadDawg
09-18-2016, 06:54 PM
Should've known better, but this thread wasn't created to rip Mullen. I just thought it was remarkable how well florida's defense has played.

You set yourself up for this. You should know by now everything is Mullen's fault, even global warming.

msstate7
09-18-2016, 06:57 PM
You set yourself up for this. You should know by now everything is Mullen's fault, even global warming.

Global warming is not dan's fault. In fact, he's part of the solution... he's completely stopped driving, flying, etc to go watch any recruit**

Did I get it right? Haha

TUSK
09-18-2016, 07:30 PM
Before I give the stats, I'll concede they haven't played good teams... Umass, Kentucky, and north Texas. Even with the weak opponents, the Florida defense is dominant! Thru 3 games, they've given up 389 yards, period. They've given up 14 points total. This is a very good defense

They have been slayin' it a couple years now... Muschamp left em loaded...

DownwardDawg
09-18-2016, 07:54 PM
Global warming is not dan's fault. In fact, he's part of the solution... he's completely stopped driving, flying, etc to go watch any recruit**

Did I get it right? Haha

This was an awesome response!!!!!! Well played sir!!!!!!!! Well played!!!!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to msstate7 again.

GreenheadDawg
09-18-2016, 08:29 PM

Did I get it right? Haha

Haha, touche