PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting hype by ESPN

Maroonthirteen
08-30-2013, 06:31 AM
I realize The talent that RNKimdicke and Treadwell are. But I don't recall ever, ESPN being so focused on recruiting during the middle of a game.

I hope they continue to talk up those two. It is a constant reminder to the NCAA and other schools that OM will get the guys however they please. I just hope there is some justice in the end.

hacker
08-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Agreed. That was insane. I made up a drinking game last night:

"Drink whenever they mention Ole Miss' 2013 recruiting class or a true freshman from that class. Kill your drink when they mention Nkemdiche."

"You are going to die if you play that drinking game."

Todd4State
08-30-2013, 08:00 AM
Well, as I have said many times before, one of two things is going to happen:

1. They get put on probation.

2. It forces change in our compliance dept. and we start to do the same thing.

It will probably be a couple of years one way or the other.

deltadawg99
08-30-2013, 08:05 AM
I love how they talked about RK after every play except for when he missed the tackle on a TD.

Treadwell made one great catch and the rest were screens.

Bubb Rubb
08-30-2013, 08:07 AM
I realize The talent that RNKimdicke and Treadwell are. But I don't recall ever, ESPN being so focused on recruiting during the middle of a game.

I hope they continue to talk up those two. It is a constant reminder to the NCAA and other schools that OM will get the guys however they please. I just hope there is some justice in the end.

I think there are really two reasons for this last night. Number one, their recruiting class is the only thing to talk about with regards to Ole Miss, so they are going to talk about it. Number two, Matt Millen is horrible. He's like a parrot. He says one thing, the same thing, over and over, and over.

In case you haven't heard, Vanderbilt has no answer for Treadwell. I think that was his favorite line.

ShotgunDawg
08-30-2013, 08:08 AM
ESPN is sounded like they were trying awfully hard to make OM the Kentucky basketball of college football. They wanted to make NK, John Wall and Treadwell, Anthony Davis. Pretty sickening.

My biggest problem is that Chris Jones was the number 2 recruit in the country, and I bet, in our game Saturday, unless he makes a play of any significance, the announcers will never speak of it.

smootness
08-30-2013, 08:14 AM
My biggest problem is that Chris Jones was the number 2 recruit in the country, and I bet, in our game Saturday, unless he makes a play of any significance, the announcers will never speak of it.

Funny, I said the exact same thing last night. I'm sure they'll briefly mention him once he gets on the field, but it will be about the guys who will impact the game the most, i.e. OSU's QB and WRs, and Russell and Perkins. And that's the way it should be.

I can understand them wanting to talk about Ole Miss' recruiting class; it was crazy. But by no means should it have been the overwhelmingly dominant storyline.

Barking 13
08-30-2013, 08:16 AM
I could have sworn I heard them say it was the best freshman class money can buy......