PDA

View Full Version : Random Poster's Sunday Morning QB- Corndog Edition

lamont
09-18-2016, 10:27 AM
1. Tried to warn everyone that we would get a better Danny Etling on Saturday night, which in turn would make LSU better - many of you disagreed here- http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?47984-Danny-Etling

2. Tiger Stadium is a tough place to make your 1st start. Fitz got his 1st look at a legit SEC defense last night and didnt fare very well. 12-24, 120 yards. His legs are obviously his strength right now. There is no team divide over QB's- the problem is Fitz makes slower reads and doesnt get the ball where it needs to quick enough right now. He has a big arm but his decision-making is too slow right now against good defenses.

3. Sorry, but I'm not excited about Damien Williams coming in and completing passes against a prevent defense. It looked good- sure. But when we got the ball back on that last drive with the game on the line- we could barely get a pass off. We can play Damien this year and win 4-5 games and not give Fitz or Tiano the chance to get better. Or we can play Fitz or Tiano, let them get better, and win 4-5 games. No easy answers at the QB position this year.

4. Brandon Holloway is not an SEC TB. Until Mullen accepts that- the offense will continue to struggle. We have to have a RB with some meat on their bones to hit it up inside. Shump even showed last night how obvious it is. Get the other RB's some practice reps and let's stop the insanity.

5. Thank you Les Miles for going conservative yet again and giving us a chance to win the football game. He is still the only guy in college football to not realize offenses can score and score quickly these days.

6. Nice job by our punt team to pin LSU back inside their 5 yard line twice in the 2nd half. Loomed huge in giving us a chance to win the game at the end.

7. Excellent job by the D of stripping Fournette twice and creating turnovers. Down 20 and they kept on plugging. That effort is great. Both times LSU was marching down to put the game away and they just wouldnt allow them to do it.

8. Secondary is what it is. We are dead set on playing Graham apparently. Thats scary to think nothing is better behind him.

9. Malik Dear is still in the doghouse and who knows when he is getting out. Keep plugging on Special Teams big guy.

10. We are not a "young" team. We will lose our 2 top TB's, our best WR, 3 starters on the OL, lots of DL guys, a startiing LB, and a starting safety. That's basically half of our starters going into next season. And losing 3 starters on the OL is never a good thing. The schedule flips next season- so I dont see much of a way for us to improve our record very much next season.

11. Auburn's O may be bad enough for us to beat them. Take the under on that one for sure. That game will be for 6th in the SEC this year. Curious to see who will be their next coach will be.

12. A&M looks good. UPig is off to a good start. OM is dangerous. Bama is Bama. Long season ahead

On to New England

dawgday166
09-18-2016, 10:32 AM
5. Thank you Les Miles for going conservative yet again and giving us a chance to win the football game. He is still the only guy in college football to NOT realize offenses can score and score quickly these days.

FIFY .. and yes he did take the foot off.

msstate7
09-18-2016, 10:33 AM
5. Miles continued to throw ball in 2nd half. Had he just run like normal, we wouldnt have had near as much clock at the end. This is just you justifying why we didn't get destroyed like you predicted

phatdog
09-18-2016, 10:35 AM
10. 23 of our 2 deep are Fr or So

SDDawg
09-18-2016, 10:36 AM
Nothing to disagree with in here, we are fighting for 6 wins this year with a clear line of sight to 4 of them, need to beat BYU on the road and find another one.

Dawgface
09-18-2016, 10:39 AM
I don't know what we would do w/o RP's warnings. I guess we would have all been predicting a victory in BR.

TrapGame
09-18-2016, 10:39 AM
There are team tweets rallying around D Will after last night. Is this much ado about nothing?

lamont
09-18-2016, 10:40 AM
10. 23 of our 2 deep are Fr or So

That's pretty much normal- especially with us having a lot of guys to redshirt. Alot of our Soph's are 3rd year players.

lamont
09-18-2016, 10:42 AM
I don't know what we would do w/o RP's warnings. I guess we would have all been predicting a victory in BR.

Somebody didn't read the prediction thread

dawgday166
09-18-2016, 10:42 AM
10. We are not a "young" team. We will lose our 2 top TB's, our best WR, 3 starters on the OL, lots of DL guys, a startiing LB, and a starting safety. That's basically half of our starters going into next season. And losing 3 starters on the OL is never a good thing. The schedule flips next season- so I dont see much of a way for us to improve our record very much next season.

This is usually tough for anyone to replace but especially us since ... we never start looking for a center and/or getting someone to practice at center until our starting center's eligibility is within 2 or so games of expiring. See Claiborne - started playing center during bowl practices the year before he is starting (after 3 years on the team).

msstate7
09-18-2016, 10:48 AM

31-10 lsu... Random Poster

DudyDawg
09-18-2016, 10:49 AM
"We lose our top 2 TBs" after just saying the starter isn't an SEC running back. The other we lose is shump. Those are good things, not a reason we will struggle next year.

HSVDawg
09-18-2016, 10:51 AM
Your Etling obsession continues to be hilarious. LSU scored 21 points in Starkville last year with basically the exact same personnel as we saw last night except for QB (and going against a much better secondary), then scored 23 last night at home. A whopping 2 point improvement against a horrendous secondary and playing at home. Etling is the most miniscule upgrade possible over Harris and the QB change was a complete nonfactor last night.

Leroy Jenkins
09-18-2016, 11:07 AM
Ah yes, somebody knew we would run into the kicker and lose by 3 instead of winning by 1.

DownwardDawg
09-18-2016, 11:14 AM
"We lose our top 2 TBs" after just saying the starter isn't an SEC running back. The other we lose is shump. Those are good things, not a reason we will struggle next year.

This one made me laugh also. Haha

basedog
09-18-2016, 11:23 AM
Lsu is under "coached".

Etling is average at best, take LF away and we win the game.

Reading where we had only 16 travel team players who were at Lsu two years agao, yes we are young overall.

Yes we need to keep playing bigger backs, we gotta find some kind of running game to move forward.

Fitz is a loner, it showed with lack of enthusiasm while watching from the sideline. Hopefully against a bad UMass Tianto will get a chance at some action.

Our D made adjustments, they improved as the game went forward.

Too many missed opportunities, over thrown passes, dropped passes, two terrible roughing calls against us.

Lsu punter flipping the field twice last night and punting high so Ross couldn't return was HUGE!

Auburn is not good, Aggies will make a run at Bama, they will beat the Hogs this week.

The East sucks, average to bad teams!

I seen it dawg
09-18-2016, 11:25 AM

Well we better hope the 2 true freshman we are signing are ready to play...

ScottH
09-18-2016, 11:32 AM
4. Brandon Holloway is not an SEC TB. Until Mullen accepts that- the offense will continue to struggle.

Pretty much everyone (except Mullen and Mrs. Holloway) agrees Holloway isn't a SEC TB.

But what's his best position?

lamont
09-18-2016, 11:33 AM
31-10 lsu... Random Poster

Yep- and we were down 20 with 4 mins left in the game. We made some plays at the end to get it closer

lamont
09-18-2016, 11:36 AM

We apparently don't have anything better on the bench. And next season's RB's will be completely inexperienced

GTHOM
09-18-2016, 11:38 AM
Danny Etling for heisman

DudyDawg
09-18-2016, 11:43 AM
We apparently don't have anything better on the bench. And next season's RB's will be completely inexperienced

Everyone on this board thinks we have better on the bench

Sacrifice
09-18-2016, 11:44 AM
I'm very concerned about our OL. I haven't seen them blow gapping holes in a DL in 3 games now. I'm seeing the DL penetrate on us consistently. They do a decent job in pass protection but at this point we don't have a QB on the roster that can sit back and pick a D apart.
No doubt we need to switch RBs but I don't know if the OL is consisant enough for us to run the ball, whoever the RB is

JoseBrown
09-18-2016, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the write-up, as I was unable to see the game or hear it... I can't believe we still went with Holloway against LSU's D. Hate to hear Fitz struggled, but it is expected as a RS-Soph. He dam sure can run, and has an arm on him. If he gets quicker in his head next year he may look good. Too bad he couldn't get more time last year and was screwed with all offseason. Sounds like LSU worked on our secondary... Good job D holding them to 23. I really hope Keytoan and Kylin aren't required to go through the RS year, fresh on bench, soph spot duty and be a starter in junior year process.

Gutter Cobreh
09-18-2016, 11:53 AM
Yep- and we were down 20 with 4 mins left in the game. We made some plays at the end to get it closer

Games don't end w/ 4 minutes left on the clock. Can you not admit that your prediction was wrong?

msstate7
09-18-2016, 11:56 AM
Games don't end w/ 4 minutes left on the clock. Can you not admit that your prediction was wrong?

That will never happen

confucius say
09-18-2016, 12:04 PM

Well that first part is just a lie. You would have much more credibility if you would just admit your prediction was wrong. 23-13 even without the onside kick/td.

kano81
09-18-2016, 12:22 PM
4. Brandon Holloway is not an SEC TB. Until Mullen accepts that- the offense will continue to struggle.

Pretty much everyone (except Mullen and Mrs. Holloway) agrees Holloway isn't a SEC TB.

But what's his best position?

use him as a slot receiver or kr. Tired of watching no gainer runs .Operation champaign cork aint happening.

DancingRabbit
09-18-2016, 12:34 PM

Mine was 24-16 LSU

Bothrops
09-18-2016, 12:34 PM
The reason Mullen won't play our other running backs is out of spite. The dude is just unhappy and miserable with his current situation. Ray Charles' corpse could see that Gibson, Murphy, Williams, or Lee are better options at RB. This shit just pisses me off, and should piss them off, as well as the rest of the fanbase.

gravedigger
09-18-2016, 01:04 PM

Im thinking that he means your warning wasnt particularly special.

gravedigger
09-18-2016, 01:05 PM
The reason Mullen won't play our other running backs is out of spite. The dude is just unhappy and miserable with his current situation. Ray Charles' corpse could see that Gibson, Murphy, Williams, or Lee are better options at RB. This shit just pisses me off, and should piss them off, as well as the rest of the fanbase.

Ding,ding,ding

PassInterference
09-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Fitz is missing reads, not anticipating guys coming open, and not seeing guys who are open. I think these are growing pains and he will get better.

That's about the most positive thing I can say.

If I'm the other DC, I thrown against #9 all night long. Ouch.

lamont
09-18-2016, 01:47 PM

I got the team right- final ended up closer.

BB30
09-18-2016, 02:02 PM

Sometimes I feel like you are 12 years old I really think you would rather state lose and be proven the all knowing message board god than state win. Several people including myself expected and predicted us to lose and the majority of them were a lot closer on the score than you were. Etling is a bust bottom line and in the end did not really effect the outcome of the game. Actually, if LSU doesn't try to throw the ball as much in the second half we probably only score 10-13 points.

Tripp McNeely
09-18-2016, 02:19 PM
Sometimes I feel like you are 12 years old I really think you would rather state lose and be proven the all knowing message board god than state win. Several people including myself expected and predicted us to lose and the majority of them were a lot closer on the score than you were. Etling is a bust bottom line and in the end did not really effect the outcome of the game. Actually, if LSU doesn't try to throw the ball as much in the second half we probably only score 10-13 points.

^^^Boom! Spend effort on the cause and not trying to be right when it hurts the cause

Bass Chaser
09-18-2016, 03:45 PM

Not if you took LSU -16.**

Gutter Cobreh
09-18-2016, 05:11 PM
Not if you took LSU -16.**

He'll probably retort that he teased MSU up and covered***

Hopefully he didn't also include a prop bet on the prediction we'd turn the ball over 3 times, as that would have been a loss....

I_Spy
09-18-2016, 05:20 PM
All we need is a decent qb that runs the offense and makes sure the plays called are run correctly (leadership) Damian could have probably kept up with Etling, the D did pretty well for half a game, which is the pattern but they will shape up. Why can't we get that? Just a teeny bit more in that role we would be 6-0 going into the other half. Ross and gray were wanting the ball. Where is dear?

bluelightstar
09-18-2016, 06:25 PM
On to New England

Even if we accept that we're a young team, this is Year 8. How is that possibly an excuse and not an indictment?