PDA

View Full Version : Our O-line was so good we rushed for ...

dawgday166
09-17-2016, 11:47 PM
58 yds on 31 carries (if I added correctly and didn't miss anyone).

Goldendawg
09-17-2016, 11:50 PM
Holloway just couldn't get in his every down back groove, too many carries for Shump and Williams.

munk_munk92
09-17-2016, 11:51 PM
58 yds on 31 carries (if I added correctly and didn't miss anyone).
The one actual running back to run was shumpert who averaged nearly 5 yards per carry, the rest of the carries were Holloway, fitz, Williams, etc. The oline is bad but not as bad as the stats show. The stats are skewed.

msstate7
09-17-2016, 11:54 PM
When I showed with stats how dominating we were last week, I was told we only won by 13. Ok, well we only lost by 3 tonight to a top 20 team on the road, so stats be damn, right?

Bothrops
09-17-2016, 11:54 PM
We can't recruit or coach this position group. That's 0 out of 10.

dawgday166
09-17-2016, 11:58 PM
When I showed with stats how dominating we were last week, I was told we only won by 13. Ok, well we only lost by 3 tonight to a top 20 team on the road, so stats be damn, right?

What was I thinking ... dominating against SC ... I feel better now. Thanks ***

msstate7
09-18-2016, 12:02 AM
What was I thinking ... dominating against SC ... I feel better now. Thanks ***

Lsu is a better football team than us. Not sure why a loss tonight is making you guys lose your minds. Wanna flip out over south Alabama... then by all means, go ahead. Lsu's defense is the 2nd best one we'll see all year though

Goldendawg
09-18-2016, 12:06 AM
All week I read on this board how LSU was not a good team, how sorry their new QB was, and we would win. We can't have it both ways now that they have beat us. I respectfully disagree.

dawgday166
09-18-2016, 12:07 AM
Lsu is a better football team than us. Not sure why a loss tonight is making you guys lose your minds. Wanna flip out over south Alabama... then by all means, go ahead. Lsu's defense is the 2nd best one we'll see all year though

I'm flippin out (as you call it) cause Louisville has a bunch of 3* players that actually look like a football team. And OM shows up and smacks Bammer in the mouth EVERY time they play them. And both those teams can SOMEHOW coach their FR & SO players to play well. Those 2 teams rarely show up and roll over on their back with all four paws in the air.

And we ain't no young team except on D a little bit.

ETA: Just wait till "next" year when we're "supposed" to compete for West ... we'll be breaking in 3 new OL starters including a Center.

msstate7
09-18-2016, 12:08 AM
All week I read on this board how LSU was not a good team, how sorry their new QB was, and we would win. We can't have it both ways now that they have beat us. I respectfully disagree.

I picked lsu 24-17 all week

msstate7
09-18-2016, 12:10 AM
I'm flippin out (as you call it) cause Louisville has a bunch of 3* players that actually look like a football team. And OM shows up and smacks Bammer in the mouth EVERY time they play them. And both those teams can SOMEHOW coach their FR & SO players to play well. Those 2 teams rarely show up and roll over on their back with all four paws in the air.

And we ain't no young team except on D a little bit. ETA: Just wait till "next" year when we're "supposed" to compete for West ... we'll be breaking in 3 new OL starters including a Center.

Then by all means, be a bama or om fan. Your life will be so much less stressful.

dawgday166
09-18-2016, 12:19 AM
Then by all means, be a bama or om fan. Your life will be so much less stressful.

Maybe so if I want to watch a team that most weeks actually doesn't look like a junior high team.

Mullen ain't a HC (and Hev is a horrible OL coach). In year 8 it shouldn't be close to this or, if it is Mullen should be better than 3 - 22 or whatever he is against the big 4 SEC W coaches. I'm not seeing the "relentless effort and strain" in all aspects of coaching from his staff (especially the O staff).

I really hate it when we look like a junior high football team.

Goldendawg
09-18-2016, 12:21 AM
msstate7, I didn't remember your prediction, but there were so many posting the opposite, I was afraid to even comment during the week. I enjoy this board and get a lot of good info and input from it. Love State (Class of 77) and got the big eye after our loss. I do hope we make some adjustments and find an O system to fit the best players we have.

msstate7
09-18-2016, 12:21 AM
Maybe so if I want to watch a team that most weeks actually doesn't look like a junior high team.

Mullen ain't a HC (and Hev is a horrible OL coach). In year 8 it shouldn't be close to this or, if it is Mullen should be better than 3 - 22 or whatever he is against the big 4 SEC W coaches. I'm not seeing the "relentless effort and strain" in all aspects of coaching from his staff (especially the O staff).

I really hate it when we look like a junior high football team.

I agree. If we could've reached HS level, we might could've scored the 4 extra points to win it**

Junior high, smh

dawgday166
09-18-2016, 12:23 AM
I agree. If we could've reached HS level, we might could've scored the 4 extra points to win it**

Junior high, smh

Maybe I should've caveated that with "for a half or so" ***

msstate7
09-18-2016, 12:23 AM
msstate7, I didn't remember your prediction, but there were so many posting the opposite, I was afraid to even comment during the week. I enjoy this board and get a lot of good info and input from it. Love State (Class of 77) and got the big eye after our loss. I do hope we make some adjustments and find an O system to fit the best players we have.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?47984-Danny-Etling/page2&highlight=Etling

Bout halfway down page

TUSK
09-18-2016, 12:26 AM

easy there, Turbo.... you don't know the cross I bare...