PDA

View Full Version : Hevesey has got to go. O- line gets worse every snap!

Reunion Dog
09-17-2016, 10:15 PM
17 him and his best "only" friend!

dawgday166
09-17-2016, 10:16 PM
I'm tired of watching O linemen miss assignments and/or go the wrong way. It is terrible.

Coach 57
09-17-2016, 10:23 PM
Wha? Are you guys freaking kidding me? I thought they gave Fitz plenty of time on most of the snaps. Were there a few times they missed an assignment? Yes, the big hit on D.Will at the end as well as pressure came from the LT position, but Jenkins (starting LT) was NOT IN THERE. They actually did well as the game went on and we had a RB that was bigger than 165lbs,

DownwardDawg
09-17-2016, 10:25 PM
Wha? Are you guys freaking kidding me? I thought they gave Fitz plenty of time on most of the snaps. Were there a few times they missed an assignment? Yes, the big hit on D.Will at the end as well as pressure came from the LT position, but Jenkins (starting LT) was NOT IN THERE. They actually did well as the game went on and we had a RB that was bigger than 165lbs,
Agree. Fitz had time most of the night. And our 200+ lb RB's did fine.

basedog
09-17-2016, 10:30 PM

Exactly.

Bothrops
09-17-2016, 10:42 PM
They ****ing sucked tonight. Really sucked. #62 and #55 nearly got our qb's killed.

ScottH
09-17-2016, 11:23 PM
One of you football guys help me.

Which is our bigger OL problem?
1. Schemes/Technique
2. Recruited talent level

dawgday166
09-17-2016, 11:27 PM

1. Schemes/Technique

Not sure but ... Louisville had 4 - 3* and 1 unranked on OL today. They looked pretty decent to me against a D line that ate OM up 2 weeks ago. How'd Louisville's O-line look to you?

dawgday166
09-17-2016, 11:29 PM
They ****ing sucked tonight. Really sucked. #62 and #55 nearly got our qb's killed.

So you noticed this too. I was starting to think I was the only blind one on this board LOL. And #55 was a 4* Juco All-American I believe (2 years ago).

ScottH
09-17-2016, 11:31 PM
Not sure but ... Louisville had 4 - 3* and 1 unranked on OL today. They looked pretty decent to me against a D line that ate OM up 2 weeks ago. How'd Louisville's O-line look to you?

I'm to lazy to look it up but does our OL even have as many *'s as Louisville.

Regardless some kind of change needs to be made.

dawgday166
09-17-2016, 11:32 PM

More

ETA: Cancel change ... ain't nuthin changing.

GTHOM
09-18-2016, 01:05 AM

1. Schemes/Technique

Little of both. Desper is a weak link. Hes not rufus warren bad but hes the worst one. I thought they had a pretty good night tonight all things considered. It would help if their head coach would help them out and keep riding his bigger horses and not his pony.

Goldendawg
09-18-2016, 01:16 AM
A lot of both. That we even had to convert Warren from TE to LT (most important OL position) says it all about our lack of recruiting and coaching at the position. Same goes with having to convert Smokey to CB.

Todd4State
09-18-2016, 01:28 AM

Can you give me your opinion on this? I thought most of the sacks we allowed tonight were because we held on to the ball too long. I may be off on that but I would like to hear your thoughts on that because that's what it seemed like to me from the stands.

I can't believe we didn't have our starting LT in the game on the last play.

Todd4State
09-18-2016, 01:30 AM

1. Schemes/Technique

Talent if I had to pick between those two options. I don't think our o-linemen are mean enough though- remember Dillon Day and Ben Beckwith? We need more guys like that.

Goldendawg
09-18-2016, 01:31 AM
I should know but who was in on that last play at LT?

Todd4State
09-18-2016, 01:37 AM

We probably do have more stars than they do thanks to Martinas Rankin.

The star system right now is really a three level system even though they have five levels.

5 means you are elite and college ready on day one in their opinion

4 means you are a high end player that will probably be a starter over the course of your career.

3 is pretty much everyone else that they have looked at that they don't think is a high end player. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that they think you suck it's just that they don't expect you to contribute or start until you are a junior or senior. That includes (probably) Louisville's guys and our guys other than Rankin.

2 really means that they haven't looked at your film but you committed to someone so that's what you are until they figure it out.

1 means you're dead. I can't remember ANYONE that was a one star. They'll give you a NR rating before they give you a one or even two star rating normally.

Todd4State
09-18-2016, 01:38 AM
I should know but who was in on that last play at LT?

I assume Rankin.

TimberBeast
09-18-2016, 02:02 AM
Oline is simply not the problem, it's an excuse

Todd4State
09-18-2016, 02:33 AM
Oline is simply not the problem, it's an excuse

We have issues at every position group on offense.

No QB.

No RB.

Lack of length at the WR position.

Inexperienced TE's.

Hevesy coached o-line.

chef dixon
09-18-2016, 04:41 AM
O line was decent. Fitz was really bad.

ShotgunDawg
09-18-2016, 06:25 AM
It's complicated