PDA

View Full Version : Say what you will, these dawgs showed "relentless effort".

Coach 57
09-17-2016, 09:58 PM
These kids fought to the final second. We are a Fred Ross grab away from being 2-1 & 2-0 in the SEC.

I'm not sure if Nick is FOR SURE "the guy". It seemed that when D.Will came in the team played harder. I heard rumors that the team really didn't like Nick that much. But I don't know, all I know is I'm proud of the way they fought! It'll be interesting to see how we play throughout. Losses like this are normally tipping points for the year. It'll either fire them up or push them over the edge.

Really Clark?
09-17-2016, 10:08 PM
These kids fought to the final second. We are a Fred Ross grab away from being 2-1 & 2-0 in the SEC.

I'm not sure if Nick is FOR SURE "the guy". It seemed that when D.Will came in the team played harder. I heard rumors that the team really didn't like Nick that much. But I don't know, all I know is I'm proud of the way they fought! It'll be interesting to see how we play throughout. Losses like this are normally tipping points for the year. It'll either fire them up or push them over the edge.

Agree. They kept fighting and didn't give up. Also a good sign that the coach hasn't lost this team. Hopefully the keep getting better during the year

basedog
09-17-2016, 10:26 PM
Gotta find more offense. Shump looked like a RB tonight.
Fitz looked like he didn't care watching from the sideline, who knows what he was thinking.

Great 2nd half effort, I'm not sold on Lsu, QB is average at best.

msstate7
09-17-2016, 10:27 PM
Fitz looked like he didn't care watching from the sideline, who knows what he was thinking.

Shump looked great.

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2016, 10:28 PM

Yes, all the way around. I've heard the same rumors you have.

Jack Lambert
09-17-2016, 10:30 PM

I think we will continue to see two QB's.

TUSK
09-17-2016, 10:33 PM
I don't pay "a lot" of attention to yall (play by play), but I noticed a few things in the 2nd half:

1) D keep scratchin' when the game was "over".
2) Shumpert should be yalls #1 cat totin' the pigskin.
3) I found Fitz's sideline demeanor interesting when yall were making the comeback.

I'm sure this is old news to yall, though...

the59dawg
09-17-2016, 10:38 PM

He was thinking how stupid he was for losing his helmet and having to come out of the game giving Williams a chance to look much better than Fitz looked all nite.

DownwardDawg
09-17-2016, 10:39 PM
I don't pay "a lot" of attention to yall (play by play), but I noticed a few things in the 2nd half:

3) I found Fitz's sideline demeanor interesting when yall were making the comeback.

I agree with all 3.

GreenheadDawg
09-17-2016, 10:40 PM

I agree Tusk. His demeanor was shit. Pick your damn team up instead of pouting like a 5 year old because they didn't put you back in. He has a long way to go, in both passing and leadership

Coach 57
09-17-2016, 10:52 PM
Amen TUSK. Do you care more about the possibility of winning or you getting some stats?

We are definitely a young team and in desperate need of leadership. But we are a team that did play hard even though they were down. I'm telling you, I know our D gave up some stuff, but if THIS front 7 had the CBs (Redmond & Calhoun) with Sirmon as the DC we'd be dangerous. That OL tonight was a bunch of monsters that held almost every play and we still handled business in the 2nd half.

Also a sidebar. There's a thread somewhere where a few guys are blasting our OL. First off, they gave Fitz DAYS to throw the ball. He's gotta improve as a passer. That DL they faced tonight was elite and 49 (Key) is really good. Did they miss some assignments? Yes. But for the most part after Mullen pulled the scat back and placed a REAL RB in there that could pick up blitzes in max pro & could put the wood to the ILBs of LSU we started pounding the football. I think they've improved week to week. And if Fitz will settle down and shuffle his feet correctly and keep his feet disciplined we would've EASILY won this game going away.

msstate7
09-17-2016, 10:54 PM
Amen TUSK. Do you care more about the possibility of winning or you getting some stats?

We are definitely a young team and in desperate need of leadership. But we are a team that did play hard even though they were down. I'm telling you, I know our D gave up some stuff, but if THIS front 7 had the CBs (Redmond & Calhoun) with Sirmon as the DC we'd be dangerous. That OL tonight was a bunch of monsters that held almost every play and we still handled business in the 2nd half.

Also a sidebar. There's a thread somewhere where a few guys are blasting our OL. First off, they gave Fitz DAYS to throw the ball. He's gotta improve as a passer. That DL they faced tonight was elite and 49 (Key) is really good. Did they miss some assignments? Yes. But for the most part after Mullen pulled the scat back and placed a REAL RB in there that could pick up blitzes in max pro & could put the wood to the ILBs of LSU we started pounding the football. I think they've improved week to week. And if Fitz will settle down and shuffle his feet correctly and keep his feet disciplined we would've EASILY won this game going away.

I'm glad to read this bc I know you see things better than myself

TUSK
09-17-2016, 11:04 PM

you play to win the game... I do dig stats, though...

for example, I KNEW MGK was gonna rack up v Bammer today, but I also "knew" that game was "over" late 2nd qtr if things went the way I imagined they would...

LSU has some straight up MEN... the ass end has 2 NFL guys (minimum), Beckwith is pretty damn good and they've got a couple DL that'd get on the field for my guys...

They have 2 bad ass WRs, a stout OL, and an all world TB...

I DID NOT SEE the 1st half, but I like what I saw late...

Caveat: Yall were playing against the worst head coaching yall will see for a while...

Commercecomet24
09-17-2016, 11:06 PM

Great points all, especially about the ol. I thought they played well and with the big backs in there we were actually running the ball well against that NFL front. And our qbs had plenty of time to throw the ball.

LC Dawg
09-17-2016, 11:38 PM
you play to win the game... I do dig stats, though...

for example, I KNEW MGK was gonna rack up v Bammer today, but I also "knew" that game was "over" late 2nd qtr if things went the way I imagined they would...

LSU has some straight up MEN... the ass end has 2 NFL guys (minimum), Beckwith is pretty damn good and they've got a couple DL that'd get on the field for my guys...

They have 2 bad ass WRs, a stout OL, and an all world TB...

I DID NOT SEE the 1st half, but I like what I saw late...

Caveat: Yall were playing against the worst head coaching yall will see for a while...

Has anyone noticed that since Saban squeaked by Freeze for the first time in 3 years that TUSK is trying to set a record for posts in a day and also letting us know that he still cares for us little 'ole Bulldogs?

Goldendawg
09-17-2016, 11:43 PM
Tusk, I enjoy your input here as a somewhat neutral observer. Do you post on any Bama sites? If so, you are one busy man behind the keyboard.