PDA

View Full Version : How big was the roughing the kicker penalty?

HSVDawg
09-17-2016, 09:56 PM
4 point swing in a game we lost by 3. You could argue that literally lost us the game (although I wouldn't).

msstate7
09-17-2016, 09:56 PM
Questionable unsportsmanlike on same drive

Bdawg
09-17-2016, 09:57 PM
Both were bad calls

SailingDawg
09-18-2016, 10:22 AM
Did you watch the Alabama game? Two huge missed called against UM on a defensive touchdown. Speared the QB and a blatant block in the back that should have called the TD back.

Can the SEC office suspend a player after the fact? The UM guy definitely lowered his head on that shot.

No consistency, just gives the thugs more reason to thug.

HSVDawg
09-18-2016, 10:28 AM
Did you watch the Alabama game? Two huge missed called against UM on a defensive touchdown. Speared the QB and a blatant block in the back that should have called the TD back.

Can the SEC office suspend a player after the fact? The UM guy definitely lowered his head on that shot.

No consistency, just gives the thugs more reason to thug.

Yes, they can suspend after the fact and they most certainly will after that hit. Same thing happened to Elston a few years ago. No flag thrown but the league still suspended him for the following week. Same thing also happened to Dillon Day in 2014 after the LSU game.

TrapGame
09-18-2016, 10:34 AM
SEC officiating is always mediocre but this season it's like they just don't give a shit at all.

msbulldog
09-18-2016, 10:38 AM
Yes, they can suspend after the fact and they most certainly will after that hit. Same thing happened to Elston a few years ago. No flag thrown but the league still suspended him for the following week. Same thing also happened to Dillon Day in 2014 after the LSU game.

I sure hope so, I can't remember the name, but the player doing the spearing was one of their better defensive players. You can bet your bottom dollar Saban will be sending that film to the SEC office. Certainly couldn't help Mississippi to lose a good player for the GA game. As always my 2 favorite teams are MSU and whoever is playing Mississippi.

lastmajordog
09-18-2016, 10:51 AM
Was the UNM off lineman downfield blocking a problem yesterday?? I didn’t really watch closely....

msbulldog
09-18-2016, 10:53 AM
Was the UNM off lineman downfield blocking a problem yesterday?? I didn’t really watch closely....

Yep, announcers even mentioned it. You would think Saban would have put the refs on it before the game.

starkvegasdawg
09-18-2016, 11:15 AM
But will they? Announcers said league office concluded no definitive proof hit was to the helmet and not the chest. To me it looked pretty clear it was to the head. You easily saw the helmet pivot from being hit.

msbulldog
09-18-2016, 11:19 AM
But will they? Announcers said league office concluded no definitive proof hit was to the helmet and not the chest. To me it looked pretty clear it was to the head. You easily saw the helmet pivot from being hit.

^^^no doubt.

Pinto
09-18-2016, 11:21 AM
Not sure how this isn't conclusive. https://vine.co/v/5nBuO5lOieO

msbulldog
09-18-2016, 11:34 AM
Thank you

M.Fillmore
09-18-2016, 11:37 AM
On Bama's last TD drive, the QB was (lovingly) hammered after he took two steps out of bounds.

Be glad the replay ref was good. Otherwise, the bears would have won.

GTHOM
09-18-2016, 11:37 AM
The refs practically gave LSU their 2nd TD. The call on Leo and the roughing the kicker was hot garbage. We got no holding calls, they were pretty bad. Cant believe Mullen didnt chew some ass after that 2nd drive. Last week he would have...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-18-2016, 11:40 AM
The missed holding call against Leo Lewis on that play action pass was piss poor as well.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-18-2016, 01:33 PM
Is this the second penalty on Calvin that led to a td?

yjnkdawg
09-18-2016, 04:41 PM
I sure hope so, I can't remember the name, but the player doing the spearing was one of their better defensive players. You can bet your bottom dollar Saban will be sending that film to the SEC office. Certainly couldn't help Mississippi to lose a good player for the GA game. As always my 2 favorite teams are MSU and whoever is playing Mississippi.

It was Breeland Speaks and yeah, that was one dirty flagarant hit.