PDA

View Full Version : QBs

GTHOM
09-17-2016, 09:47 PM
This needs to be said now. I see some players on twitter calling for D Will to be the guy. I would have left Fitz in but thats just me personally

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2016, 09:50 PM
This year Williams is by far the best option. If a team stops his running Fitz ain't going to do much.

UMCDawg16
09-17-2016, 09:52 PM
Exactly. People are getting all worked up because Damian completed a couple of jump balls. The guy gives us no downfield option and is limited in the run game. Not to mention he has no future with us being an upperclassman. Fitz has the tools to be really good. Give him the job and keep it. There are going to be ups and downs but he will make strides and is the much better long term option for our program.

msujan
09-17-2016, 09:52 PM
Ask the players who they want in there.

UMCDawg16
09-17-2016, 09:53 PM
This year Williams is by far the best option. If a team stops his running Fitz ain't going to do much.

I'll have to respectfully say if you truly think Damian is the better option, you don't understand CFB very well.

MarketingBully
09-17-2016, 09:53 PM

We didn't call anything that would have given Fitz any success. We were running the Dak spread tonight not the Relf spread. If we call the game we did last week, this is a completely different game. If you are asking Williams or Fitzgerald to do what Dak did last year, you will fail offensively. It's pretty easy to see this.

Maroonthirteen
09-17-2016, 09:57 PM
We didn't call anything that would have given Fitz any success. We were running the Dak spread tonight not the Relf spread. If we call the game we did last week, this is a completely different game. If you are asking Williams or Fotzgerald to do what Dak did last year, you will fail offensively. It's pretty easy to see this.

Exactly!

The only thing I can figure is.... Dan out smarted himself and thinks we can't run on LSU and have to throw the ball.

Natedogg33
09-17-2016, 09:58 PM
If Fitz's helmet doesn't get knocked off, we don't score those two td's. That's just the truth. Maybe Damian is only good for two series, I don't know. But the team looks different in those two series. Overall, we have a problem.

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2016, 09:59 PM
I'll have to respectfully say if you truly think Damian is the better option, you don't understand CFB very well.

Fitz is by FAR the best runner. Passing wise Williams is. NEITHER is a world beater at either right now. It is what it is. Against LSU you ain't gonna run the ball that well. TONIGHT I would have played Damien more once it became apparent Fitz wasn't going to move the ball. This is one of the only games I have ever faulted Mullen.

Goldendawg
09-17-2016, 10:00 PM
Look at the offer list of all three of our current scholarship QB's. You don't find and develop a Dak very often and he was higher ranked than any of these three. Even Dak spent a lot of time on his back against bama and UNM in his last games against them. I don't see practice, but our secondary probably makes all three look like the second coming of Joe Namath if the OL gives them enough time to pass against our DL. Play Tiano and the best young guys we have at all positions IF they are the best and settle on a game plan that fits them.

GTHOM
09-17-2016, 10:02 PM
Mullen said the play of D Will will not affect the QB position. Fitz is the guy. Fitz was apparently dinged up after his helmet came off

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2016, 10:03 PM
We didn't call anything that would have given Fitz any success. We were running the Dak spread tonight not the Relf spread. If we call the game we did last week, this is a completely different game. If you are asking Williams or Fitzgerald to do what Dak did last year, you will fail offensively. It's pretty easy to see this.
Face reality, Fitz can run but as of now if the run is stopped he can't pass it well enough to beat a decent team. Williams can, maybe. That is better than Fitz by FAR right now.

Dawgface
09-17-2016, 10:04 PM
I would start Fitz and let Williams be the relief pitcher.

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2016, 10:05 PM

Fitz is by FAR the best runner. Passing wise Williams is. NEITHER is a world beater at either right now. It is what it is. Against LSU you ain't gonna run the ball that well. TONIGHT I would have played Damien more once it became apparent Fitz wasn't going to move the ball. This is one of the only games I have ever faulted Mullen.

Goldendawg
09-17-2016, 10:08 PM
I don't think we have the talent or coaching to beat anyone in the West this year. If we do, I will more than gladly eat the crow. I have never made a dollar coaching, but have spent a lot supporting State and will be there every home game. We, as fans deserve better than this in year 8 of Dan's tenure.

maroonmania
09-17-2016, 10:10 PM
Look at the offer list of all three of our current scholarship QB's. You don't find and develop a Dak very often and he was higher ranked than any of these three. Even Dak spent a lot of time on his back against bama and UNM in his last games against them. I don't see practice, but our secondary probably makes all three look like the second coming of Joe Namath if the OL gives them enough time to pass against our DL. Play Tiano and the best young guys we have at all positions IF they are the best and settle on a game plan that fits them.

Exactly, at least with Dak had offers from LSU and TCU. That's 2 more Power 5 offers than DWill and Fitz had combined.

MarketingBully
09-17-2016, 10:10 PM
Face reality, Fitz can run but as of now if the run is stopped he can't pass it well enough to beat a decent team. Williams can, maybe. That is better than Fitz by FAR right now.

We didn't even try to run the read option seriously. We ran freaking Holloway up the middle and when we had Shumpert and Aeris Williams in there we were moving the ball well on the ground. Did you watch the JSU vs LSU game last week? You can most certainly run on LSU and they had the same type of QB Fitz is and he broke several big plays. What you can't do however is come out passing it all over the field like Dak did last year and be successful with young Quarterbacks. This is Dan being stubborn and it will cost us to not go to a bowl this year if this is what he is going with.

munk_munk92
09-17-2016, 10:11 PM
Tiano is the better qb out of all of them, he can run just as good and is a lot better passer. I'd play all my young guys and that's that. Win or lose and I can live with that.

LC Dawg
09-17-2016, 10:11 PM
We wouldn't have scored a td tonight if Fitz stayed in. I've got to give Williams credit for coming in and putting up points like he did. I agree that Fitz is the best option going forward but I don't get blaming all our offensive inefficiencies on coaching. We had some big drops and Fitz has got to hit guys when they are wide open.

UMCDawg16
09-17-2016, 10:18 PM
People act as if Fitz should be a world beater right now. My goodness, this was his first road SEC game. Dak said himself that he's a better passer than he was to this point in his career. Fitz has all the tools but need experience and more development. People forget how bad of a passer Dak was early in his career.

blacklistedbully
09-17-2016, 11:43 PM

Sorry...but I just can't hold my tongue. You're beyond clueless. It's funny, really, because you so obviously consider yourself well-qualified. I've never seen a poster here I thought was so wrong so often. It's truly amazing how you can post one pile of dung on top of another, on top of another etc.

Goldendawg
09-17-2016, 11:46 PM
How many of our "O" players would start for other West teams? Just wondering.

wasabaka
09-17-2016, 11:49 PM

MAYBE Fred Ross. And that's a big maybe.

Goldendawg
09-17-2016, 11:53 PM
Dan's and O coaches lack of recruiting the last couple of years is now killing us. Top 30 classes mean nothing when the rest of the West is Top 10.

msstate7
09-17-2016, 11:56 PM
Dan's and O coaches lack of recruiting the last couple of years is now killing us. Top 30 classes mean nothing when the rest of the West is Top 10.

Om and Arkansas haven't averaged top 10 the last couple years in recruiting

Bothrops
09-18-2016, 12:04 AM

Calhoun, Ross, Couch, Myles, Dear, Gibson, and possibly Murphy and Tiano would either start, or play a lot of snaps for Arkansas and Auburn. Dan is a shithead.

TUSK
09-18-2016, 12:11 AM
MAYBE Fred Ross. And that's a big maybe.

had a WR get gimped up... as much as we've been airing it out... he'd prolly see the field...

Goldendawg
09-18-2016, 12:11 AM
Calhoun is now in the NFL I think. I disagree on Myles so far this year. Don't know about Murphy & Gibson as neither has any carries this year. Did Couch even get to play tonight? Agree on your analysis on Dan YTD.

msstate7
09-18-2016, 12:12 AM
Delete

Bothrops
09-18-2016, 12:25 AM
Yes, Taveze Calhoun is in the NFL. Deion Calhoun plays OG. Myles is a very smooth runner, and concerning the Rb's, just think about your question for a min.

Goldendawg
09-18-2016, 12:31 AM
Sorry, forgot about D. Calhoun. Would love to see Gibson and Murphy carry the ball. You may be right about them. I know Gibson was a 4 star and Murphy a high 3. Except for his drops last week our QB situation may be adversely affecting Myles and the WR's.

TimberBeast
09-18-2016, 12:46 AM
Sorry...but I just can't hold my tongue. You're beyond clueless. It's funny, really, because you so obviously consider yourself well-qualified. I've never seen a poster here I thought was so wrong so often. It's truly amazing how you can post one pile of dung on top of another, on top of another etc.

Thank you, it's crazy stuff he's posting non stop.

msbulldog
09-18-2016, 07:02 AM
Damn boys, this is depressing stuff, go read nafoom, it will make us all feel better to hear those aholes crying!

Saltydog
09-18-2016, 07:23 AM
nt

civildawg
09-18-2016, 07:44 AM

Amen.