PDA

View Full Version : Fitz

Homedawg
09-17-2016, 09:13 PM
Can't throw the football. Period. 2 throws for td's missed among others. No decent defensive coach will not sell out to stop the option and make him throw.

Coach007
09-17-2016, 09:14 PM
Lmao!

Rick Danko
09-17-2016, 09:15 PM
Well let's just bench him for the guy who lost to south Alabama. That will fix everything. 17!!!!

msstate7
09-17-2016, 09:15 PM
In his defense, Ross couldn't hold on to a td. I agree though, fitz has to throw better

GTHOM
09-17-2016, 09:18 PM
Hes far better than Damian Williams. People will play him the same way

Goldendawg
09-17-2016, 09:20 PM
Look at the offer lists of all three of our current QB's. Finding and developing a Dak doesn't happen that often

Bucky Dog
09-17-2016, 09:22 PM
He missed two wide open throws and Ross dropped one. We should and could be right her in this game with a chance to win. We need to see Tiano play IMO.

MetEdDawg
09-17-2016, 09:22 PM
Look at the offer lists of all three of our current QB's. Finding and developing a Dak doesn't happen that often

This. Dan may be a QB whisperer but it helps when you don't have to start from the very bottom.

mk1984
09-17-2016, 09:28 PM
Far better? Really it does not appear to be far better tonight.

GTHOM
09-17-2016, 09:51 PM
Far better? Really it does not appear to be far better tonight.

D Will didnt beat USA my boy

bulldawg28
09-17-2016, 10:03 PM
Fitz was nervous all night tonight. He also forces too many passes and should run more when the play breaks down.

UMCDawg16
09-17-2016, 10:11 PM
Can't throw the football. Period. 2 throws for td's missed among others. No decent defensive coach will not sell out to stop the option and make him throw.

These kind of statements make me laugh. People act as if Fitz should be a world beater right now. My goodness, this was his first road SEC game. Dak said himself that he's a better passer than he was to this point in his career. Fitz has all the tools but need experience and more development. People forget how bad of a passer Dak was early in his career.

mstatefan91
09-17-2016, 10:16 PM
Idk if Damien Williams is the guy or not. I don't get that feeling from him, but it's become pretty damn obvious that the team thinks he's the guy.

Not sure if they don't like Fitz or what but the team rallies around Williams, not Fitz.

msstate7
09-17-2016, 10:22 PM
Idk if Damien Williams is the guy or not. I don't get that feeling from him, but it's become pretty damn obvious that the team thinks he's the guy.

Not sure if they don't like Fitz or what but the team rallies around Williams, not Fitz.

If this is true, we have much bigger problems than I thought

mstatefan91
09-17-2016, 10:26 PM

This is what I see. Not necessarily fact. I don't have or pretend to have inside info on this. Just basing it on twitter and on the field reactions from our team.

Bothrops
09-17-2016, 10:26 PM
Our receivers wore piss yellow jerseys all night. I wasn't really sure until tonight, but we need receivers that can play at this level. We have one and a half receivers that can play, in Fred Ross and Donald.

Sacrifice
09-17-2016, 10:28 PM
I like Fitz, he's got huge upside but we have no running game what so ever and we're especially bad running between the tackles. It doesn't matter who the QB is

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2016, 10:29 PM

It hurts after last week but this is the truth.

msstate7
09-17-2016, 10:31 PM
This is what I see. Not necessarily fact. I don't have or pretend to have inside info on this. Just basing it on twitter and on the field reactions from our team.

I saw Fred go from butterfingers to jerry rice with the qb change. I wanna believe Fred gave the same effort for fitz though

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2016, 10:32 PM

I've heard rumors from on campus that Fitz is a jerk, and that does not come from the FB team. I was reluctant to post it the last two weeks but since others have, I will too. The rumor is that he isn't liked.....at all.

TimberBeast
09-17-2016, 10:34 PM
I've heard rumors from on campus that Fitz is a jerk, and that does not come from the FB team. I was reluctant to post it the last two weeks but since others have, I will too. The rumor is that he isn't liked.....at all.

This rumor reminds me of everyone saying we can't run the ball because of our oline. It's bullshit. Problem is coaching.

mstatefan91
09-17-2016, 10:36 PM
I saw Fred go from butterfingers to jerry rice with the qb change. I wanna believe Fred gave the same effort for fitz though

Fred has the best hands on the team. It's not even close..

GTHOM
09-17-2016, 10:36 PM

And I heard a rumor that nobody on campus liked Dak, that he beat up a guy at a party for asking for his autograph and a picture, that he pushed a guy down the stairs at a bar in the district, and that he had a bad attitude. That should tell you all you need to know

mstatefan91
09-17-2016, 10:37 PM
This rumor reminds me of everyone saying we can't run the ball because of our oline. It's bullshit. Problem is coaching.

Well no shit. It always comes back to the coaches. They recruit and coach the players. Nobody is saying it isn't on the coaches.

msstate7
09-17-2016, 10:37 PM
Fred has the best hands on the team. It's not even close..

Oh, I know he does... he had a terrible 3.5 quarters tonight though. Fred Ross will be better next week though

mstatefan91
09-17-2016, 10:38 PM
And I heard a rumor that nobody on campus liked Dak, that he beat up a guy at a party for asking for his autograph and a picture, that he pushed a guy down the stairs at a bar in the district, and that he had a bad attitude. That should tell you all you need to know

Dak was not the poster child that MSU made him out to be. He had his issues but the team always had his back. That's the difference.

That said, the rumors you posted do sound like bullshit.

TimberBeast
09-17-2016, 10:42 PM
Well no shit. It always comes back to the coaches. They recruit and coach the players. Nobody is saying it isn't on the coaches.

Yeah you missed the point

mstatefan91
09-17-2016, 10:44 PM
Yeah you missed the point

What was the point? Being serious. Don't want to get into an online argument over a misunderstanding.

Maroonthirteen
09-17-2016, 10:44 PM
Can we please stop posting the rumor about Fitz. OM fans are repeating it now. I can totally see Fitz ignoring some student and now said student's entire frat says Fitz is not liked. HOWEVER, the players would not sabotage the team and their own stats for another player.

Ross dropped the screen because he looked up field to quickly anticipating a hit. Ross dropped the TD pass because the LSU db made a great play getting his hand on the ball.

Gray had some fantastic catches earlier in the game.

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2016, 10:46 PM

Not when it's coming from non-athlete students.

mstatefan91
09-17-2016, 10:47 PM
Can we please stop posting the rumor about Fitz. OM fans are repeating it now. I can totally see Fitz ignoring some student and now said student's entire frat says Fitz is not liked. HOWEVER, the players would not sabotage the team and their own stats for another player.

Ross dropped the screen because he looked up field to quickly anticipating a hit. Ross dropped the TD pass because the LSU db made a great play getting his hand on the ball.

Did not intend to start a rumor. I was saying what I was based on reactions on field and twitter. I have zero inside info on the subject. Fitz may be the most liked guy on the team. It's just not what I have observed personally.

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2016, 10:48 PM
Dak was not the poster child that MSU made him out to be. He had his issues but the team always had his back. That's the difference.

That said, the rumors you posted do sound like bullshit.

The Dak rumors are BS. The Fitz rumors aren't.

mstatefan91
09-17-2016, 10:50 PM

Dak had his issues. Everybody does. Hell, I have my own issues. The team had Dak's back, and he had theirs.

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2016, 10:51 PM

That wasn't the case. When I heard it, it came out of the blue from a guy that could care less as long as we win.

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2016, 10:51 PM
Dak had his issues. Everybody does. Hell, I have my own issues. The team had Dak's back, and he had theirs.

Exactly.

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2016, 10:53 PM
Did not intend to start a rumor. I was saying what I was based on reactions on field and twitter. I have zero inside info on the subject. Fitz may be the most liked guy on the team. It's just not what I have observed personally.

My stuff was based on neither.

mstatefan91
09-17-2016, 10:56 PM
My stuff was based on neither.

Dawg, I'm not getting on to you about that at all. Keep on keeping on. I was clarifying my position.

BayouDawg
09-17-2016, 10:59 PM
Most QBs are douche bags. That's just the way it is.

mstatefan91
09-17-2016, 11:02 PM
Most QBs are douche bags. That's just the way it is.

And they usually have the support of their oline and receivers.

drummerdawg
09-17-2016, 11:03 PM

A lot of the Dak rumors weren't BS.

BayouDawg
09-17-2016, 11:04 PM
And they usually have the support of their oline and receivers.

This is true. You can be a douche that lets your balls hang out and leads or you can be a douche that pouts when things don't go your way. What type of douche is Fitz? I don't know.

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2016, 11:06 PM
A lot of the Dak rumors weren't BS.

But the team would run through a brick wall for hm. That isn't debateable.

drummerdawg
09-17-2016, 11:08 PM
But the team would run through a brick wall for hm. That isn't debateable.

I agree, he had most of the team behind him.

Goldendawg
09-17-2016, 11:15 PM
Last thing we need to add to our troubles is a QB controversy. Heck, I'd like to see Tiano have a chance along with more touches for Williams and Gibson. Yes, Shump ran it well tonight, moved the pile, but he is a true Sr. and never redshirted. If this is really a rebuilding year, give some of the younger backs a chance, unless the back from Columbus will be an exception and play early. Who knows maybe he already knows how to pass block.

fader2103
09-17-2016, 11:16 PM
All I have to say I saw a lot about his attitude after his helmet was knocked off. I saw a guy who didn't want to come back in the game. After that play you go stand by the Dan Mullen or Hev waiting to get back in. He just went and stood infront of the bench.

msstate7
09-17-2016, 11:17 PM
Last thing we need to add to our troubles is a QB controversy. Heck, I'd like to see Tiano have a chance along with more touches for Williams and Gibson. Yes, Shump ran it well tonight, moved the pile, but he is a true Sr. and never redshirted. If this is really a rebuilding year, give some of the younger backs a chance, unless the back from Columbus will be an exception and play early. Who knows maybe he already knows how to pass block.

You don't want a qb controversy, but want to add another one to the mix?

mstatefan91
09-17-2016, 11:18 PM
All I have to say I saw a lot about his attitude after his helmet was knocked off. I saw a guy who didn't want to come back in the game. After that play you go stand by the Dan Mullen or Hev waiting to get back in. He just went and stood infront of the bench.

Yup

Goldendawg
09-17-2016, 11:22 PM
My late father got a friend and I a sideline pass for Florida and MSU in Jackson when I was a young boy. Our best RB got his bell rung. Coaches were literally looking for him to put him back in. Heard State players laughing that he was hiding and didn't want to go back in. Opened a young boy's eyes that my heroes were not all Supermen. I doubt Fritz didn't want to go back in, but these are 18 to 23(?) year olds playing a violent game.

mstatefan91
09-17-2016, 11:33 PM
My late father got a friend and I a sideline pass for Florida and MSU in Jackson when I was a young boy. Our best RB got his bell rung. Coaches were literally looking for him to put him back in. Heard State players laughing that he was hiding and didn't want to go back in. Opened a young boy's eyes that my heroes were not all Supermen. I doubt Fritz didn't want to go back in, but these are 18 to 23(?) year olds playing a violent game.

Boo hoo

fader2103
09-17-2016, 11:43 PM
I bet there are a lot more 18-23 year olds who have more heart and less talent that would do anything to be on that field tonight for both teams.

TimberBeast
09-18-2016, 12:35 AM

That's just making shit up, where did you see that? Just because our idiot coach didn't put him back in doesn't mean he didn't want to. The complete bullshit that is made up on this board is amazing. Hell the best catch by our team in the game was the ball fitz caught from dwilliams after he he chunked it out of bounds.

GTHOM
09-18-2016, 01:00 AM

Of course!! Because that backs up your argument right? Im not saying Dak did all that but rumors are just rumors. Period. I have a strange feeling you probably wanted Russell over Dak, Perkins over JRob, etc. etc. Fitz is better than Damian. Fitz is the QB. Thats from Dan Mullen not just me.

chef dixon
09-18-2016, 04:55 AM
This rumor is the stupidest shit I've ever heard. A lot of you guys just want Fitz to be as good as you've been saying for 2 years. He's not. He has shaky pocket presence, consistently makes bad reads, and accuracy is an issue. I'm sure he over threw Donald gray twice because the team hates him. He actually had a fair amount of time to pass last night.

I'm not saying he's not our best option. Williams clearly has better instincts and grasp of what we want to do, but there's definitely an athleticism gap.