View Full Version : QBs Dan Mullen has finished 2nd for

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2016, 12:13 PM
Pretty unreal list here:

Cam Newton

Lamar Jackson

Josh Dobbs

Jalen Hurts

We've had solid QB play, but landing any one of these 4 would have made a huge difference for the program. Perhaps Keytaon & Tiano can make it not matter.

Todd4State
09-17-2016, 12:15 PM
I think Keytaon will be better than Tiano. He's about as big of a steal as you can get from a four star.

confucius say
09-17-2016, 12:17 PM
would you rather have Jackson or hurts?

dawgday166
09-17-2016, 12:19 PM
I've noticed this trend on the offense in general. When we get big time recruits, it's been on the defensive side of the ball. I'm starting to think it's the philosophy of going after the guys you know you can get ... don't waste time on anyone who might be 50/50 or 60/40. Don't wanna waste trips to visit guys you may not get.

You a college coach one of the prerequisites at big conference programs is you gotta love recruiting.

Todd4State
09-17-2016, 12:22 PM
I've noticed this trend on the offense in general. When we get big time recruits, it's been on the defensive side of the ball. I'm starting to think it's the philosophy of going after the guys you know you can get ... don't waste time on anyone who might be 50/50 or 60/40. Don't wanna waste trips to visit guys you may not get.

You a college coach one of the prerequisites at big conference programs is you gotta love recruiting.

Offensive recruiters for MSU- Johnson, Knox, Gonzalez, Sallach, Hevesey

Defensive recruiters for MSU- Sirmon, Baker, Linquist, and Buckley

THAT is why we recruit defense better than offense.

Todd4State
09-17-2016, 12:22 PM

Right now- Jackson.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-17-2016, 12:24 PM

Hurts

Ifyouonlyknew
09-17-2016, 12:26 PM

If you look back through MSU history not just Mullen our top recruits are way more times than not defensive players.

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2016, 12:28 PM
If you look back through MSU history not just Mullen our top recruits are way more times than not defensive players.

The state of MS just produces far more elite players on that side of the ball. Offense takes coaching & skill whereas defense requires more mentality & athleticism. Not surprising that a state that produces raw players, would produce more defensive stars

dawgday166
09-17-2016, 12:30 PM
Offensive recruiters for MSU- Johnson, Knox, Gonzalez, Sallach, Hevesey

Defensive recruiters for MSU- Sirmon, Baker, Linquist, and Buckley

THAT is why we recruit defense better than offense.

Yea ... I'm growing painfully aware of that. Growing tired of watching coaches like Petrino slice and dice up Ds like FSU's, while we predictably pound our 165 lb RB into the teeth of the other team's D line.

ETA: Oh ... I forgot. We're a "developmental" program. That explains it!

msstate7
09-17-2016, 12:34 PM
Thought ATM was 2nd for hurts

state66
09-17-2016, 12:34 PM
Dobbs sucks

the59dawg
09-17-2016, 04:01 PM
Hurts

Hurts looks lost today at Oxford

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2016, 04:38 PM
The state of MS just produces far more elite players on that side of the ball. Offense takes coaching & skill whereas defense requires more mentality & athleticism. Not surprising that a state that produces raw players, would produce more defensive stars

This

solodawg
09-17-2016, 04:51 PM

I'd rather have Jackson. He looks more poised right now than Hurts.

msstate7
09-17-2016, 05:03 PM
I'd rather have Jackson. He looks more poised right now than Hurts.

Soph vs freshman