PDA

View Full Version : Jaylen smith

msstate7
09-17-2016, 11:13 AM
Did he choose Louisville over us or did we choose someone else? He's a big receiver that I wish we had

Todd4State
09-17-2016, 12:18 PM
We chose someone else.

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2016, 12:21 PM
It's usually not a great idea to pass on the sons of ex NFL or MLB players in recruiting so long as they have some ability.

History kind of shows that those kids grow up around the game, feel pressure to succeed due to family, have better instincts, & possess greater resources to get better & fight through tough times.

There is no greater correlation of where NFL & MLB players come from than the off spring of ex NFL & MLB players

Todd4State
09-17-2016, 12:24 PM
It's usually not a great idea to pass on the sons of ex NFL or MLB players in recruiting so long as they have some ability.

History kind of shows that those kids grow up around the game, feel pressure to succeed due to family, have better instincts, & possess greater resources to get better & fight through tough times.

There is no greater correlation of where NFL & MLB players come from than the off spring of ex NFL & MLB players

Agree. Plus their family members usually have money and can become boosters and faces for your program.

dawgday166
09-17-2016, 12:25 PM
We chose someone else.

Imagine that ... hard to believe ain't it?

DownwardDawg
09-17-2016, 12:28 PM
We chose someone else.

Brilliant if true.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-17-2016, 12:29 PM

Who is the NFL/MLB dad for Jaylen Smith?

msstate7
09-17-2016, 12:30 PM
Who is the NFL/MLB dad for Jaylen Smith?

Jimmy smith (jaguars)?

Ifyouonlyknew
09-17-2016, 12:33 PM
Jimmy smith (jaguars)?

Jimmy Smith isn't Jaylen Smith dad. Jimmy's son is Jimmy (Trey) Smith III. Trey is from Madison Central Jaylen is from Pascagoula. No relation.

HancockCountyDog
09-17-2016, 12:34 PM
Jimmy Smith isn't Jaylen Smith dad. Jimmy's son is Jimmy (Trey) Smith III. Trey is from Madison Central Jaylen is from Pascagoula. No relation.

Don't stop a good story, he was just getting started.

msstate7
09-17-2016, 12:36 PM

I had trey and jaylen confused too then.

So, did jaylen choose Louisville over us or did we choose someone else?

Ifyouonlyknew
09-17-2016, 12:38 PM
We didn't offer.

mcain31
09-17-2016, 12:38 PM
T-Buck recruited both of them

msstate7
09-17-2016, 12:40 PM
We didn't offer.

That stings... for a program that lives off talent in this area, we can't afford to miss guys like that

Ifyouonlyknew
09-17-2016, 12:41 PM
T-Buck recruited both of them

Correct. Jaylen is from Pascagoula & TBuck offered him early. He's a good player but nobody was complaining about losing him when he committed or signed. Hindsight is 20/20 on this 1.

shrimp
09-17-2016, 01:01 PM
Correct. Jaylen is from Pascagoula & TBuck offered him early. He's a good player but nobody was complaining about losing him when he committed or signed. Hindsight is 20/20 on this 1.

For the record, I was complaining. About our lack of recruitment of him and our failure to offer. He and Keith Joseph, Jr were best friends (the reason he's wearing #9 this year).

Ifyouonlyknew
09-17-2016, 01:06 PM
For the record, I was complaining. About our lack of recruitment of him and our failure to offer. He and Keith Joseph, Jr were best friends (the reason he's wearing #9 this year).

I stand corrected. Hardly anyone complained about Jaylen during his recruitment.

shrimp
09-17-2016, 01:09 PM
I stand corrected. Hardly anyone complained about Jaylen during his recruitment.

Lol. I know several of his relatives, so I had been watching him / keeping up with him for years. I wish would have shown more interest.