PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Superstitions

DeviousDawg
09-16-2016, 01:36 PM
Most everyone has one, and I'm sure there are some weird ones out there.

Mine is quite odd. It goes back to the 2004 upset of Florida. Woke up that morning quite hung over and when I was getting dressed for the game I lazily grabbed two socks out of my drawer, one was white, one was black. We went on to upset Florida and the tradition was born. It suffered through some awful croom years. Fast forward to the 2009 game against LSU, we lost on the goal line and I decided to retire the white sock black sock combo. Fast forward again to the 2014 game against LSU in BR, for some reason I decided to bring it back, we won and the superstition was officially back.

You can bet I will be wearing one black sock and one white sock tomorrow night.

What's your superstition?

EngDawg
09-16-2016, 01:43 PM
I wear a maroon shirt to every game. Not white, not black, not gold, Maroon.

EdDawg
09-16-2016, 01:57 PM
If we are doing well and the urge to go to the restroom hits me, I can't go unless we start playing awful.

TNDawg35
09-16-2016, 02:02 PM
Cadaver and I talked about this back during baseball season. If were doing well, I stay in the same chair. If bad, I move chairs. Also, Friday I wear a either a white or maroon polo, rhen Saturday or gameday a maroon t shirt.

A couple yrs ago when we played Auburn when they were #2, I was at walmart when it started and we were playing lights out. I got home and thats when they started getting a little closer. I hopped in the truck and spent the rest of the game in the electronics at Walmart watching the game.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-16-2016, 02:44 PM
If we're doing well, I stay in the same chair. If bad, I move chairs.

Your superstition would be great for a Bama fan but for a state fan it must be a real pain in the ass (especially if you were around in the Groom error).

TNDawg35
09-16-2016, 02:54 PM
Your superstition would be great for a Bama fan but for a state fan it must be a real pain in the ass (especially if you were around in the Groom error).

Lets just say I move around a good bit. I ended the baseball season in the daughters bed. Boy she got pissed when I turned Mickey Mouse off that night...

Tripp McNeely
09-16-2016, 03:20 PM
Drink heavily...that way, you're happy if we win and don't care as much if we lose.

BulldogBear
09-16-2016, 03:56 PM
I always change shirts just before I walk to the stadium. Now, to be truthful, it just started as a practical measure. If I've been sweating all day, I like to head to the game a little fresher.

Um, if possible, and it's really hot, I'll change underwear as well. Upstairs bathroom in Union near ballroom if home game.

Now you know my dark secret. I've never really paid attention what color. Maybe I should. Maybe it makes a difference!

Goldendawg
09-16-2016, 07:42 PM
I hate to tell this. I may be as much to blame for the USA loss as stubborn Dan. I didn't have a nice white MSU shirt for the 92 degrees in the shade game. My 79 year old Mother went 20 miles to the nearest Walmart and surprised my 15 year old son and I with new t-shirts the day b4 the game. The minute I saw them I knew they meant trouble, had a hated white helmet on them and YES, they were from Russell Athletic. I told Mom of my reluctance to wear them, but she say that I was silly. We wore them anyway for the first and last time to a game. Will use them for yard work from that day forward.