PDA

View Full Version : Dan vs. Hud

Todd4State
09-15-2016, 12:38 PM
We're playing ULL in 2018 and 2019. 2018 is in Starkville and 2019 is on the road.....at the Superdome.

Well done Scott.

Political Hack
09-15-2016, 12:42 PM
Awful decision on opponent. Great decision on Super Dome.

09-15-2016, 12:45 PM
Awful decision on opponent. Great decision on Super Dome.

Are you suggesting that every game we play be against a P5?

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2016, 12:45 PM
Should only schedule LA Tech at the Superdome as well

dawgday166
09-15-2016, 12:46 PM
Hud will be getting to play his former team - ULL **** According to some on this board.

Political Hack
09-15-2016, 12:52 PM
Are you suggesting that every game we play be against a P5?

No. Hud might win. I want 3 "gimmes" when we're not playing the 9 P5 opponents.

dawgday166
09-15-2016, 12:55 PM

If we can't whip ULL in years 10 & 11 of the Mullen era then ... it may be time to start a new era.

EdDawg
09-15-2016, 12:57 PM
I don't have a problem with these games as long as it's not the first game of the year.

I feel the underdog always has the advantage the first game of the season, since the whole summer is spent focused on knocking off the big dog.

Todd4State
09-15-2016, 01:00 PM

A Sun Belt team is about as close to a gimme as we are going to see in D-I. And yes I know South Alabama. But we beat them 9/10 times.

Johnson85
09-15-2016, 01:39 PM
A Sun Belt team is about as close to a gimme as we are going to see in D-I. And yes I know South Alabama. But we beat them 9/10 times.

I would prefer somebody other than Hud, but it does look like Hud is on the downslope at ULL and it's hard to pass up an "away" game at the super dome. Awesome venue for teh fans and one where we'll have the crowd advantage.

MSUDawg99
09-15-2016, 01:46 PM
I don't have a problem with these games as long as it's not the first game of the year.

I feel the underdog always has the advantage the first game of the season, since the whole summer is spent focused on knocking off the big dog.

The one in 2019 in the Dome is the first game of the season. The one next year in DWS is in Nov.

basedog
09-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Hud probably want be the coach in 2018, there fans are livid with him and his hiring cheaters.

ClangaDawg
09-15-2016, 01:48 PM
If we can't whip ULL in years 10 & 11 of the Mullen era then ... it may be time to start a new era.

^^^^ This!

AROB44
09-15-2016, 01:54 PM
Hud probably won't be the coach in 2018, their fans are livid with him and his hiring cheaters.

Fixed your spelling, basedog. Damn....you must be from Natchez!!

Political Hack
09-15-2016, 01:57 PM

Generally I would agree, but not when their head coach knows your offense inside and out and has a vendetta against you. Hud will be out to prove a point if he's still there. It'll be his Super Bowl of Super Bowls. I'd rather not give him that chance when we could schedule McNeese, USM, Alcorn, or Texas State.

It's jut a preference though. I love the "home and Dome" aspect of this. Just a bit Leary of scheduling a coach with something to prove against his former bosses.

I also didn't like the OSU kickoff game. Said it was one year too early for us to be in a prime time kick off. Lost the game and got key guys hurt. I think sometimes we think more about exposure and $ than we do W's and L's. We should be fine against ULaLa, but they concern me as does LaTech.

basedog
09-15-2016, 01:57 PM

Spelling doesn't matter Pops! Well maybe it matters to nerds!

AROB44
09-15-2016, 02:24 PM
At least none of my kids went to OM....

basedog
09-15-2016, 02:32 PM

+1

Political Hack
09-15-2016, 02:36 PM

Awesome.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-15-2016, 02:37 PM
Hud will be settled in at OM by then. ;)

Political Hack
09-15-2016, 02:47 PM
Hud will be settled in at OM by then. ;)

Lmao. That could actually happen. I doubt he'd walk away from them twice to wait on us.

HSVDawg
09-15-2016, 02:58 PM

More like 99 out of 100 times.

basedog
09-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Awesome.

Just concentrate on giving me my VCash after this weekend. Lol

louisvilledawg
09-15-2016, 03:14 PM
Hud probably want be the coach in 2018, there fans are livid with him and his hiring cheaters.

Winston county people don't cheat. We are born natural winners.

basedog
09-15-2016, 03:16 PM
Winston county people don't cheat. We are born natural winners.

That you Andy Kennedy?

Bothrops
09-15-2016, 04:05 PM
Well at least it's not Troy, USA, UAB, and La Tech. If we never played any of those teams again it'd be great.

Todd4State
09-15-2016, 07:17 PM
Lmao. That could actually happen. I doubt he'd walk away from them twice to wait on us.

You really think the NCAA is going to be OK with Ole Miss replacing Hugh Freeze with another coach whose team was put on probation during the same probe? That would have been like MSU replacing Jackie Sherrill with Billy Brewer in 2003.

If they hire Hud they might as well just ask when the death penalty is going to start.

Todd4State
09-15-2016, 07:22 PM
Generally I would agree, but not when their head coach knows your offense inside and out and has a vendetta against you. Hud will be out to prove a point if he's still there. It'll be his Super Bowl of Super Bowls. I'd rather not give him that chance when we could schedule McNeese, USM, Alcorn, or Texas State.

It's jut a preference though. I love the "home and Dome" aspect of this. Just a bit Leary of scheduling a coach with something to prove against his former bosses.

I also didn't like the OSU kickoff game. Said it was one year too early for us to be in a prime time kick off. Lost the game and got key guys hurt. I think sometimes we think more about exposure and $ than we do W's and L's. We should be fine against ULaLa, but they concern me as does LaTech.

He may know our offense- but he still has to stop it with Sun Belt talent.

I do agree that we think too much about exposure sometimes. See Thanksgiving Day Egg bowl. Exposure is usually the buzzword the athletic dept. uses when they make a move that is fairly unpopular- meaning upsets more than 25% of our fanbase. Just like "the players like them" is the buzzword for a hideous looking uniform.

La Tech is on par with USM basically. Except they might draw better.

Dolphus Raymond
09-15-2016, 07:22 PM
Other than one game being the first of the season, I'm good with playing ULL.

mcain31
09-15-2016, 07:43 PM

Leave Natchez out of this

basedog
09-15-2016, 07:44 PM
Wait a minute, Hud's super bowl, I would think Mullen has no love for Hud either. Jud knowing Mullen's offense, he'll everyone knows Holloway up the middle.

As for as playing in the Dome, we will have as many fans as the Cajans.

Spiderman
09-15-2016, 08:05 PM

Texas State gets my vote. Great selection of good looking, half crazy girls. One of the best around.

Todd4State
09-15-2016, 09:03 PM
Texas State gets my vote. Great selection of good looking, half crazy girls. One of the best around.

The good thing about Texas State is we could maybe get them to move their "home" game to Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio.

Todd4State
09-15-2016, 09:04 PM
Wait a minute, Hud's super bowl, I would think Mullen has no love for Hud either. Jud knowing Mullen's offense, he'll everyone knows Holloway up the middle.

As for as playing in the Dome, we will have as many fans as the Cajans.

By 2019 it will be Kylin up the middle which will work a LOT better. Unless Holloway is able to find some eligibility loopholes that would make Jerrell Powe proud.