PDA

View Full Version : LSU Gameplan

justwin
09-15-2016, 11:30 AM
I think this is scenario...what say you?

I think you have to put eight in the box, and pressure/blitz LSU all night. Their OL can be beat by our front 7, I feel. Etling was a 55.5% passer at Purdue, which has always been a pass-happy offense. Also, that percentage is only a tick above Harris? accuracy. The dude also went 6-14 for 100 yds, a TD, an INT, and lost a fumble. Dude did not light the world on fire. Their wrs continued to make drops, too. This dude also lost qb battle at Purdue to Appleby, who also lost qb battle, and ended up transferring to UF?. where he is backing up Del Rio.

I think we need to just plan on blitzing between the tackles all night, and hold the edge for any LF/Guice bounces outside. Pressure up the middle cuts the field down taking away deep & forcing outlet passes to the sidelines under 10-15yds. I think we can rattle their two qbs. I say sell out to stop LF, blitz and hope our cbs grow up & limit the damage.

For us, I think our OL can create running lanes vs their front four and can average 3-4 yds a pop, but we need to just stay patient with the approach. But, we?re going to go with Holloway & the Cooler Shump, and showcase Fitz running, thereby, playing into LSU?s hands. Probably be why we end up losing b/c if we run the read option with Aeris, I think it?s a chance to look like 2014. That would also open up the play-action passing for Fitz, too. JSU?s qb, Jenkins, tossed for 250? and ran for 85?. Surely, Fitz can get in the ballpark.

And, as usual, need to clean up special teams. We seem to lose this battle to LSU every year on punt/kick return, etc.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2016, 11:40 AM
First play of the game, I'd run a bootleg and hit Jordan Thomas coming across the field.

WSOPdawg
09-15-2016, 11:40 AM
First, 3-and-outs from our defense will be huge early on (especially if we are going against a hobbled Leonard Fournette and a less-than-average transfer QB from Purdue) because we gotta keep gas in the tank for the 4th qtr (which means no missed tackles).

Secondly, No turnovers and/or dropped by passes by Fitz & company.

Accomplish these and I definitely think we got a chance.