PDA

View Full Version : Does a corndog victory erase USA pain... Or.

RougeDawg
09-15-2016, 08:39 AM
Piss you off even morevghst Dan dicked around in that one and potentially derailed a season? Mail going to go with, I'm going to be more pissed off that we f*cked around and were even within 4 TD's of USA, if we win Saturdat.

Dental Dawg33
09-15-2016, 08:46 AM
If they come out fired up and playing inspired football (something that did not happen against USA) and we beat LSU, I won't like that we lost to USA but I'll look at it like the fire that lit the fuse. No way to know for sure, but if we had gone through the motions and beat USA, won a cripple fight against USCe, then it's possible/probable we wouldn't even remotely have our head right to go in to Death Valley. I'm looking at USA as a wake up call and I'll gladly take a loss against USA if it means beating the Tigahs in Death Valley.

BulldogBear
09-15-2016, 08:46 AM
While I will have some of those same feelings, if I'd had the choice of which one of the two to lose I would have picked USA. Again, my reasoning is that is easily chalked up as a fLuke if we end up with a great season. Lose to LSU and it's more of the same ol same ol in a different way.

WSOPdawg
09-15-2016, 08:51 AM
If we somehow overcome an injured LF and company, I'll be PO'd even more because we coulda truly been looking at a "national reputation changing-" type season where announcers next year would be saying "...and MSU has won the 2nd most games in the SEC over the past 3 seasons with 28 of 29 victories." (Assuming we woulda been on pace for another 9 or 10-win season). But for some damn reason, we had to sh!t the bed against USA... smh!!!

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2016, 08:51 AM
The program needed a wake up call & the USA game just served to deliver it.

Right or wrong, I feel that the pressure provided by the loss to USA created a high ceiling for this team than there otherwise would have been.

If Mullen beat LSU this weekend & goes on the have a good year, I'll chalk USA up as a fluke & give him a pass, but it can only happen once. There program can never again get as stagnant or apathetic as it did. It's a lesson learned that must not take place again

bulldogcountry1
09-15-2016, 08:53 AM
I feel like USA had to happen to change the trajectory of the season.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-15-2016, 09:02 AM
Eases the pain 100%. 2-1 would put us at where we expected the team to be after 3 games.

DancingRabbit
09-15-2016, 09:05 AM
Eases the pain 100%. 2-1 would put us at where we expected the team to be after 3 games.

This. And we're 2-0 in conference.

Tripp McNeely
09-15-2016, 09:07 AM
I feel like USA had to happen to change the trajectory of the season.

^^^ This

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-15-2016, 09:08 AM
Yeah it would actually be a better 2-1 as weird as that is to say.

Gomez09
09-15-2016, 09:50 AM
being 2-0 early in the conference would be absolutely huge

tcdog70
09-15-2016, 09:53 AM
What pisses me off is Ga Southern beat the Jags like a red-headed stepchild.

BrunswickDawg
09-15-2016, 09:58 AM
Georgia Southern will beat OM in Oxford, and GT in Atlanta. Book it.

Political Hack
09-15-2016, 10:03 AM
I'm pissed about USA for eternity no matter what happens from this point forward. Zero excuses for that.

Taog Redloh
09-15-2016, 10:07 AM
I'm pissed about USA for eternity no matter what happens from this point forward. Zero excuses for that.

You obviously have an agenda, and have for a while. Did you hate Jackie forever after losing to Memphis (twice), NE Louisiana, Troy and Louisiana Tech? Tying Arkansas State?

Don't reply and lock, like you did in the other thread.

MSUDawg99
09-15-2016, 10:08 AM
If they come out fired up and playing inspired football (something that did not happen against USA) and we beat LSU, I won't like that we lost to USA but I'll look at it like the fire that lit the fuse. No way to know for sure, but if we had gone through the motions and beat USA, won a cripple fight against USCe, then it's possible/probable we wouldn't even remotely have our head right to go in to Death Valley. I'm looking at USA as a wake up call and I'll gladly take a loss against USA if it means beating the Tigahs in Death Valley.

THIS ^^^^ All of it.

MedDawg
09-15-2016, 10:52 AM
Piss you off even morevghst Dan dicked around in that one and potentially derailed a season? Mail going to go with, I'm going to be more pissed off that we f*cked around and were even within 4 TD's of USA, if we win Saturdat.

Absolutely an LSU win would make me forget the USA loss. It's practically forgotten already. Even if we lose at LSU the USA loss will only upset me if USA loss keeps us out of a bowl.

dawgday166
09-15-2016, 10:55 AM

We need to step up the pace on out-recruiting Ga Southern for O linemen ****

ETA: To respond to thread tho ... yes depending on how rest of season goes.

WSOPdawg
09-15-2016, 11:03 AM
The program needed a wake up call & the USA game just served to deliver it.

Right or wrong, I feel that the pressure provided by the loss to USA created a high ceiling for this team than there otherwise would have been.

If Mullen beat LSU this weekend & goes on the have a good year, I'll chalk USA up as a fluke & give him a pass, but it can only happen once. There program can never again get as stagnant or apathetic as it did. It's a lesson learned that must not take place again

---

Agree as CDM definitely needed a kick in the shorts as he had let the program get a little stale.

Political Hack
09-15-2016, 12:49 PM
You obviously have an agenda, and have for a while. Did you hate Jackie forever after losing to Memphis (twice), NE Louisiana, Troy and Louisiana Tech? Tying Arkansas State?

Don't reply and lock, like you did in the other thread.

I didn't lock the other thread. Someone else did. And then I responded. You mad I posted in a locked thread now?

I don't care if Dan stays or leaves, but if he wants to leave I want his ass gone yesterday. Tired of his games. If he wants to stay, he needs to commit. Come December he needs to be blunt "I'm staying at Miss State." He also needs to beat USA.

Let me repeat what happened against Southern Alabama. We lost in the biggest upset in college football in 5 years. He allowed the biggest let down in college football over the last half a decade in the first game of the year in the first game of the post-Dak era. That sucks. It's suckiness is only compounded by the fact that he tried to leave 8 months earlier for greener pastures.

You know what my agenda is? Making sure Mississiipi State doesn't have a lame duck coach walking the sidelines making $4.5 million per year losing to directional state college. That's my agenda.

ClangaDawg
09-15-2016, 02:04 PM
It would help me feel much better about our team and the season ahead, but I'm still pissed that we would lose a game to a team like that.