PDA

View Full Version : Kalem Reddix

youraveragesavage
09-14-2016, 11:23 PM
Any of you recruiting gurus know why we aren't on this kid? #2 athlete in the state, film looks good. Very few offers. I've heard people say he's a very popular kid with this 17 class. Any ideas?

MzTerry
09-14-2016, 11:37 PM
Any of you recruiting gurus know why we aren't on this kid? #2 athlete in the state, film looks good. Very few offers. I've heard people say he's a very popular kid with this 17 class. Any ideas?

5'11" 165 4.8

edited to add that i'm being unfair b/c i'm thinking of Holloway's size - Reddix prob more like 185 4.7, but you catch my drift.

youraveragesavage
09-14-2016, 11:43 PM
5'11" 165 4.8

edited to add that i'm being unfair b/c i'm thinking of Holloway's size - Reddix prob more like 185 4.7, but you catch my drift.

None of the recruiting services have him that small. Hes anywhere from 6' to 6'2 and 197lbs to 210.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-15-2016, 08:26 AM
In that case he's too big...We need another Holloway.**

Ifyouonlyknew
09-15-2016, 09:00 AM
I like Kaleem but he really doesn't have a spot in this class for us. He's around 6' 200lbs so he really doesn't have the height for an outside WR & we have plenty of slots. I think his best college position may be safety but who do you not take to put Kaleem in this class?

bulldawg28
09-15-2016, 09:13 AM
I think you take him as an athlete and determine his position based on need during the time. Heck, he could grow into a LB being he's still young.

mic
09-15-2016, 09:16 AM
You handle it the way we handled DW... Keep him warm and see how the class looks come late Jan....

Taog Redloh
09-15-2016, 09:34 AM
I like Kaleem but he really doesn't have a spot in this class for us. He's around 6' 200lbs so he really doesn't have the height for an outside WR & we have plenty of slots. I think his best college position may be safety but who do you not take to put Kaleem in this class?

Just from what I've read on this thread and what I've seen on 247, I think this is a Dylan Bradley type take to me. You just do it, for all of the other things he brings to the table.

Brahmabull
09-15-2016, 09:38 AM
I have seen him play. If he was 3 inches taller, SEC schools would be all over him as an outside receiver. Reminds me of a shorter AJ Brown. Strong hands and good body control. Physical receiver. Didn't see him play any on defense so not sure how he would work there, but he is a good athlete. I think mic is right, keep him warm till the end and see how things shake out.

Taog Redloh
09-15-2016, 09:41 AM
I have seen him play. If he was 3 inches taller, SEC schools would be all over him as an outside receiver. Reminds me of a shorter AJ Brown. Strong hands and good body control. Physical receiver. Didn't see him play any on defense so not sure how he would work there, but he is a good athlete. I think mic is right, keep him warm till the end and see how things shake out.

Has this strategy ever really worked for us in the past, on any decent athlete? In my experience most guys get mad that we slow-played them. Tracey Lampley comes to mind. Offer him up and let him help us recruit.

Brahmabull
09-15-2016, 09:45 AM
Dillon Day is one. Just because guys like Lampley go to USM and have decent careers there doesn't mean they will be great in SEC. I could see Reddix being a above average SEC player and I could see him being a Deonte Evans. Just a tough call because I think he would have to be a defensive player or maybe even a rb in SEC to be above average. No film on him being either of those in high school.

I also watched him in a game this year get suspended for the 2nd half because he was literally trying to fight one of his coaches and teammates going into locker room at half time.

Taog Redloh
09-15-2016, 10:13 AM
Dillon Day is one. Just because guys like Lampley go to USM and have decent careers there doesn't mean they will be great in SEC. I could see Reddix being a above average SEC player and I could see him being a Deonte Evans. Just a tough call because I think he would have to be a defensive player or maybe even a rb in SEC to be above average. No film on him being either of those in high school.

I also watched him in a game this year get suspended for the 2nd half because he was literally trying to fight one of his coaches and teammates going into locker room at half time.
In that case, no don't take him. I admit I am going on limited information.