PDA

View Full Version : After watching this video, Etling doesn't scare me at all.

Lloyd Christmas
09-14-2016, 02:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZfwCgVfATY

Is it possible he pulls a RAT and destroys our miserable secondary? I suppose..but that would mean figuring out how to throw a ball that doesn't spin end over end and hang in the air for a fortnight.

If LSU beats us it will be because of:

- Their defense
- Special teams play
- Mullen's choice of running back personnel

What ACTUALLY scares me is totally shutting Etling down in the first half and they put in Harris. He's not a good QB, but that kid loves running all over our asses. I have recollections from our game last year of multiple 3rd and longs where Harris got out of the pocket and ran easily to the sideline for first downs.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-14-2016, 02:23 PM
We would be his first SEC defense to face...I bet we would rattle the hell out of him.

Lloyd Christmas
09-14-2016, 02:33 PM
We would be his first SEC defense to face...I bet we would rattle the hell out of him.

I was surprised how much pressure JSU's line got on him.

spiral
09-14-2016, 02:33 PM
I don't know... if you watch carefully there was this one time he almost looked at his second receiver.

Seriously, I do not know if I've ever seen anyone stare directly down where they wanted to go with the ball more than this guy. He only changed his receiver one time and that was because he had to scramble all the way out of the pocket.

Our D should all run to where he's looking until he proves he can do otherwise.

TXDawg
09-14-2016, 07:31 PM
The PI in the end zone should have been an INT if the DB had played the ball instead of the man. It was WAY under thrown (just like the one that was picked) and should have been an easy INT.

youraveragesavage
09-14-2016, 07:41 PM
Hate to say this but those corners look better than ours. That video proves they will go deep early and often. The backend of the defense has gotta be on point to win this game.

Todd4State
09-14-2016, 08:48 PM
He seemed to have a lot of trouble when Jacksonville State played zone coverage. We should be good.

TUSK
09-14-2016, 08:56 PM
I dunno if Etling can get it done, or not... but he threw more "good" balls in that game then Harris has in his life.*