PDA

View Full Version : Weather in Baton Rouge

Gomez09
09-14-2016, 12:27 PM
Yes I know that it is only Wednesday but the forecast is for rain during the day and during the game. I would think that would play into LSU strength as a one dimensional running team. Thoughts on weather or not it will help or hurt our chances.

On a random note if your LF do you play in a slopfest when your already hurt and one wrong cut could end your season?

HSVDawg
09-14-2016, 12:32 PM
Yes I know that it is only Wednesday but the forecast is for rain during the day and during the game. I would think that would play into LSU strength as a one dimensional running team. Thoughts on weather or not it will help or hurt our chances.

On a random note if your LF do you play in a slopfest when your already hurt and one wrong cut could end your season?

I don't think weather plays much of a factor. Neither team is going to air it out that much anyways. It may hurt us though if we are gonna give 15 damn carries to Holloway though. 160 lb RB plus a slippery ball is not a good combination.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2016, 12:45 PM
Rain & inclement weather ALWAYS benefits the underdog. ALWAYS

It brings more variables into the game & increases the chances of turnovers, & that ALWAYS benefits the underdog.

TheRef
09-14-2016, 12:46 PM
Thunderstorms are going to be the main thing that could affect the game. You're talking about multiple opportunities for lightning delays around that Baton Rouge area, which could dramatically affect the outcome of the game. If one team has a lot of momentum right before a lightning delay, that momentum could be dampened or even lost completely. So Mother Nature is going to be the great equalizer of this game, which may not work in our favor.

Jack Lambert
09-14-2016, 12:46 PM
I don't think weather plays much of a factor. Neither team is going to air it out that much anyways. It may hurt us though if we are gonna give 15 damn carries to Holloway though. 160 lb RB plus a slippery ball is not a good combination.

The wetness will hurt the other running back more. Hell what am I saying he fumble without wetness.

starkvegasdawg
09-14-2016, 01:00 PM
Latest from NWS is 40% chance that day and 30% that night so maybe not as bad.

Couple of the models aren't looking that bad right now. Key phrase is right now. If these hold it may not be that bad weather wise down there. One thing is temps will be in the low 80's with a 80% humidity.

NAM Forecast radar at 7:00PM Saturday night
http://maps1.pivotalweather.com/maps/models/nam/2016091412/084/refcmp.us_se.png

GFS total accumulated Precipitation same time.
http://maps1.pivotalweather.com/maps/models/gfs/2016091412/084/qpf_006h.us_se.png

TheRef
09-14-2016, 01:02 PM
It's not the rain I would be concerned with, necessarily. I think the lightning threat will be the highest.

EngDawg
09-14-2016, 03:11 PM
Chance of rain...never!