PDA

View Full Version : Heard LF didn't practice Tuesday

TrapGame
09-14-2016, 08:44 AM
The big LSU fan here at work told me her sons (students at LSU) were hearing from players they know that LF did not practice Tuesday. She also said that LF's family had a meeting with Miles on Monday.

Tbonewannabe
09-14-2016, 08:47 AM
Maybe he is redshirting and waiting on the NFL.

msstate7
09-14-2016, 08:50 AM
Maybe he is redshirting and waiting on the NFL.

Would probably be the smartest thing he can do. A less than 100% LF playing could only hurt his draft stock and risk further injury. I'm sure his agent (yeah, he got one) is advising him to not play unless 100%

starkvegasdawg
09-14-2016, 08:50 AM
I had heard after last season there were people in his ear to sit this season out and wait on the draft to avoid a potential injury. Looks like he didn't listen and now he's hurt.

HSVDawg
09-14-2016, 09:03 AM
Would probably be the smartest thing he can do. A less than 100% LF playing could only hurt his draft stock and risk further injury. I'm sure his agent (yeah, he got one) is advising him to not play unless 100%

I read somewhere that he took out an $11 million insurance policy in case of injury before the draft. That is more than enough to cover any drop in draft position he might have. He could tear an ACL and still probably wouldn't drop out of the first round (look at Todd Gurley as evidence). Long story short, he can play without worrying about getting hurt ruining his future finances. Also, a few draft projections have him rated behind Cook and Chubb, so he has a lot to gain by playing and showing out.

MSUDawg99
09-14-2016, 09:03 AM
Les Miles already said that he would practice maybe 3 or 4 times this week. This was one of the times he didn't. He'll play on Sat but he won't be 100% but he didn't play at all against Jville St. so that's essentially 2 full weeks of rest for his ankle, also.

Taog Redloh
09-14-2016, 09:13 AM
I had heard after last season there were people in his ear to sit this season out and wait on the draft to avoid a potential injury. Looks like he didn't listen and now he's hurt.

This is the drawback of guys like him and Clowney. When they peak as sophomores you always have this problem. Good news is, very few guys have that ability. Most of even the elite athletes will peak after their junior years at the earliest.

BossDawg
09-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Les Miles already said that he would practice maybe 3 or 4 times this week. This was one of the times he didn't. He'll play on Sat but he won't be 100% but he didn't play at all against Jville St. so that's essentially 2 full weeks of rest for his ankle, also.

That bastard will probably be running like he's been shot out of a cannon this weekend.

msstate7
09-14-2016, 09:22 AM
I read somewhere that he took out an $11 million insurance policy in case of injury before the draft. That is more than enough to cover any drop in draft position he might have. He could tear an ACL and still probably wouldn't drop out of the first round (look at Todd Gurley as evidence). Long story short, he can play without worrying about getting hurt ruining his future finances. Also, a few draft projections have him rated behind Cook and Chubb, so he has a lot to gain by playing and showing out.

That's interesting that the policy insures draft position. Wonder at what pick does the policy kick in without knowing where he would be drafted to start with?

MafiaDawg
09-14-2016, 09:25 AM
Good to know people take all coaches at their word. There's no telling what will happen

TrapGame
09-14-2016, 09:28 AM

Yeah, I brought that up and she said Tuesday is the MUST practice day. Everybody practices on Tuesday as a team rule. If you miss Tuesday practice you don't play period per Miles.

msstate7
09-14-2016, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I brought that up and she said Tuesday is the MUST practice day. Everybody practices on Tuesday as a team rule. If you miss Tuesday practice you don't play period per Miles.

I would think LF might be above that rule

HSVDawg
09-14-2016, 09:30 AM
That's interesting that the policy insures draft position. Wonder at what pick does the policy kick in without knowing where he would be drafted to start with?

I think its a fairly straightforward process to show his draft projection before and after an injury, and then use the average contract value for draft picks in those two positions to see how much money was lost. Probably some NFL scouts would provide consultations if requested as well. I'm sure there is some haggling that goes on with the insurance company and the eventual payout is on the low end if it happens (like with all insurance), but its a fairly common practice for elite athletes in all sports to take out those policies.

TrapGame
09-14-2016, 09:42 AM
I would think LF might be above that rule

Or he couldn't put any pressure on that foot even by Tuesday.

She said it's not a sprained ankle. He has a broken foot.

QuadrupleOption
09-14-2016, 09:56 AM
Derrius Guice is still pretty good. Not in LF's league (when 100%) but more than capable of getting yards if our front 7 don't do their job.

Hopefully we can limit the run game and force them to throw it.

Really Clark?
09-14-2016, 09:57 AM

His family took out two $10 MIL policies. One is for totally disability in case he never plays again from an injury and that is the limit you can take out. The other is a loss of value policy. I'm pretty sure he is the first to ever get a $10 MIL limit on that one. It had been $7.5 MIL as a cap. But the loss of value policy has a lot of moving parts and Lloyds will spend a lot of time investigating to determine a prorated amount and they will not write it based on a player's potential 1st overall status. I think based on Top 5 or 10 average slot is the best you can do. But they may have changed for him since he got the highest limit for a loss of value policy.

starkvegasdawg
09-14-2016, 10:19 AM

Miles will let the team vote on whether or not to let him play.

louisvilledawg
09-14-2016, 11:33 AM
That bastard will probably be running like he's been shot out of a cannon this weekend.

^^^^^ this times a billion

Dental Dawg33
09-14-2016, 12:19 PM
His family took out two $10 MIL policies. One is for totally disability in case he never plays again from an injury and that is the limit you can take out. The other is a loss of value policy. I'm pretty sure he is the first to ever get a $10 MIL limit on that one. It had been $7.5 MIL as a cap. But the loss of value policy has a lot of moving parts and Lloyds will spend a lot of time investigating to determine a prorated amount and they will not write it based on a player's potential 1st overall status. I think based on Top 5 or 10 average slot is the best you can do. But they may have changed for him since he got the highest limit for a loss of value policy.

Wonder what the premium is on those policies

GTHOM
09-14-2016, 12:24 PM
Miles will let the team vote on whether or not to let him play.

Hahaha the sad part is this is probably true

Really Clark?
09-14-2016, 12:33 PM

Around $8,000 per million or that's about what they have been in the past. The school may have paid some of it as well. It is allowable under NCAA rules. And the family and/or athlete can borrow against future earnings to pay it as well. Usually on a 5 year loan.

Dawgology
09-14-2016, 12:47 PM
How can he redshirt?? Didn't he play against Wisonsin?

starkvegasdawg
09-14-2016, 12:53 PM

Medical redshirt maybe?

msstate7
09-14-2016, 12:57 PM

Think it was just another way of saying LF sit out this year

drunkernhelldawg
09-14-2016, 01:44 PM
Maybe they'll limit his carries. Seriously doubt that sitting out the season would content him. Hope it's true for Saturday but not for the rest of their schedule. I personally feel that we'll get him contained Saturday. Hope so.

Duckdog
09-14-2016, 02:17 PM

and who paid it

Tbonewannabe
09-14-2016, 02:55 PM
Think it was just another way of saying LF sit out this year

Correct. There isn't any point of him redshirting when he will be in the NFL next year. If he is hurt till Thanksgiving, Les would still bring him out because there is no chance he is coming back.

MSUDawg99
09-14-2016, 04:00 PM
Does Holloway's momma have a policy out on him? I'm seriously worried about him continuing to run up the middle. I cringe & close my eyes everytime he gets the ball.

Jack Lambert
09-14-2016, 04:03 PM
Medical redshirt maybe?

There is a percentage that you can play and apply for medical red shirt but I don't think his injury would qualified.

Tbonewannabe
09-14-2016, 04:57 PM
Does Holloway's momma have a policy out on him? I'm seriously worried about him continuing to run up the middle. I cringe & close my eyes everytime he gets the ball.

Toughest player on the field pound for pound, too bad there aren't that many pounds. If he weighed 185, he would be hell on wheels.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2016, 06:45 PM
Toughest player on the field pound for pound, too bad there aren't that many pounds. If he weighed 185, he would be hell on wheels.

I agree. Dude always gets up no matter how crushed he gets. I remember against Bama a few years ago on a kickoff return he got crushed. I thought he was dead but he got back up. Actually should've been a penalty but we know how that goes with Bama. Heart of lion, body of a terrier.

I seen it dawg
09-14-2016, 07:36 PM
He was full go practice today