PDA

View Full Version : Under the Radar Key to LSU Game

confucius say
09-13-2016, 10:04 PM
Tredavious white. He has two td already (punt return and pick 6), which I think leads their team.

Don't kick it to him. More talented teams beat you with athletes in the return game, like the Cyrus jones punt return td against bama last year that broke our back. Eliminate this. Don't kick to him.

msstate7
09-13-2016, 10:12 PM
Yeah, he's as concerning to me as LF. Cooke will out kick coverage and this is very dangerous vs white

confucius say
09-13-2016, 10:18 PM
Angle everything out of bounds Cooke.

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2016, 10:48 PM
Just kick it high. I don't like angled punts because they lead to shanks. Not to mention the other team is rushing you and your "angle" may lead the ball directly into the rusher. Punting isn't easy.

Just get fair catches.

Political Hack
09-14-2016, 08:30 AM
Pin their offense when you can, but go for it on 4th some maybe just to take him off the field.

the59dawg
09-14-2016, 08:41 AM
Yeah, he's as concerning to me as LF. Cooke will out kick coverage and this is very dangerous vs white

???? How many punts have been returned against Cooke so far this year? He kicks 'em high enough for team to get down there.

msstate7
09-14-2016, 08:48 AM
???? How many punts have been returned against Cooke so far this year? He kicks 'em high enough for team to get down there.

Well we haven't faced a punt returner the caliber of white yet. Cooke did have one returned on him by Cyrus jones 6 games ago. Hopefully we learned our lesson about challenging big time punt return guys

starkvegasdawg
09-14-2016, 09:16 AM
Just kick it high. I don't like angled punts because they lead to shanks. Not to mention the other team is rushing you and your "angle" may lead the ball directly into the rusher. Punting isn't easy.

Just get fair catches.

Was getting ready to post the same thing. Our special teams as a whole can sometimes have a hard time walking and chewing gum at the same time although vastly improved. I wish every kickoff went through the back of the endzone and if the other team has a dangerous punt returner then kick it short and high if you have to, but if we try to kick it out of bounds I can almost guarantee he'll hit one off the side of his foot and have a 12 yard punt which will end up being a TD three plays later for LSU.