PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Football Schedule announced

BeardoMSU
09-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Yikes...

http://wac.b63f.edgecastcdn.net/80B63F/hailstate-com/images/2016/9/13/16FB_2017_Schedule.jpg?width=1440&height=810&mode=crop

civildawg
09-13-2016, 08:15 PM
Why do we continue to play at these small schools? Was the at la tech scheduled years ago?

Political Hack
09-13-2016, 08:16 PM
5 touch roads games and 1 tough home OOC game.

scottycameron
09-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Who is responsible for this ****?

Todd4State
09-13-2016, 08:38 PM
Why do we continue to play at these small schools? Was the at la tech scheduled years ago?

$$$$$

It's cheaper for us in the long run to do 2 for 1 home and home deals and playing La Tech on the road is more winnable than say Oregon on the road which allows us to continue to build our program. I think Texas A&M played La Tech in Shreveport a few years ago.

I'm all for playing teams like UMass on the road where we are playing in a neutral NFL stadium. And when we play Tulane, Memphis, or dare I say South Alabama on the road those are essentially home games for us as well. I would even add UAB and Georgia State in there as well.

Todd4State
09-13-2016, 08:39 PM
Who is responsible for this ****?

The guy that makes the schedule for the SEC. Who would be LT.

Taog Redloh
09-13-2016, 09:45 PM
$$$$$

It's cheaper for us in the long run to do 2 for 1 home and home deals and playing La Tech on the road is more winnable than say Oregon on the road which allows us to continue to build our program. I think Texas A&M played La Tech in Shreveport a few years ago.

I'm all for playing teams like UMass on the road where we are playing in a neutral NFL stadium. And when we play Tulane, Memphis, or dare I say South Alabama on the road those are essentially home games for us as well. I would even add UAB and Georgia State in there as well.
Todd gets it. The rest of you bitching, do not.

I prefer to stay away from small town sleepy locales like Ruston, Troy and Hattiesburg though.

Dawgface
09-13-2016, 10:01 PM
I'm guess we will be picked last in the West again. ;)

BeardoMSU
09-13-2016, 10:04 PM

Indeed, lol.

It's a tough schedule, fa sho.

At GA, Aub, A&M, and Ark....with LSU, Bama, OM at home......shit.

lamont
09-13-2016, 10:12 PM
The Egg Bowl will decide if we go to a bowl or not

DancingRabbit
09-13-2016, 10:22 PM
According to Steve R, the La Tech is a 3 for 1.

BeardoMSU
09-13-2016, 10:23 PM
The Egg Bowl will decide if we go to a bowl or not

Ever the optimist, lol.

DancingRabbit
09-13-2016, 10:36 PM
Since we'll have a new coach, along with OM, LSU and Auburn it'll be a crap shoot. **

Taog Redloh
09-14-2016, 09:10 AM

This may be the schedule that gets Mullen fired. If we sputter to 4-5 wins this year with an Egg Bowl loss, then start out 1-4 next year, which is very possible......seat will be scalding. Then, if we lose a 4th consecutive Egg Bowl, at home.....it will be lights out I'm afraid.

HancockCountyDog
09-14-2016, 09:21 AM
This schedule is why Im feeling better about this year. Mullen knows next year is going to be extremely tough. Even if we have a better team, the schedule is going to be very, very tough. Especially if LSU has a new coach.

Im focusing on the first half of the SC game. If we play like that the rest of the year, I think there is only one game on the calendar that is still a loss. That MSU team can hang with anyone in the SEC West that isn't named Bama.

HoopsDawg
09-14-2016, 09:25 AM
Just one bye week. And the brutal Bama, at Arkansas, 5 days later Ole Miss stretch. I really hate that stretch.

Sept 16th - Sept 30th is brutal. I really wish we could break up those stretches with a bye week or weak non-conference opponent.

For those gearing up for next year, this aint the schedule for a big year.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Miami hurricanes are playing AT App State this weekend...it's not just us.

HancockCountyDog
09-14-2016, 09:30 AM
Just one bye week. And the brutal Bama, at Arkansas, 5 days later Ole Miss stretch. I really hate that stretch.

Sept 16th - Sept 30th is brutal. I really wish we could break up those stretches with a bye week or weak non-conference opponent.

For those gearing up for next year, this aint the schedule for a big year.

I've never understood the "2017 is THE YEAR", in looking at the roster, I don't see it. Based on what Im seeing on the field, our seniors are the team leaders. Ross, AJ Jefferson, Richie, Holloway, Clayborn, Calvin, Adams are all playing key roles for the team this year and are good players at key positions. When you factor in the schedule, its very important for us to circle the wagons and finish this season strong.

The first half of the SC game gave me hope. I had none going into the game. The second half of the game reminded me of the South Alabama game and the reasons Im concerned.

Political Hack
09-14-2016, 09:37 AM
This may be the schedule that gets Mullen fired. If we sputter to 4-5 wins this year with an Egg Bowl loss, then start out 1-4 next year, which is very possible......seat will be scalding. Then, if we lose a 4th consecutive Egg Bowl, at home.....it will be lights out I'm afraid.

If he wins 6 this year and next without a win against OM, he'll be gone. You can't lose 4 straight to OM at Miss State and keep your job. This isn't the 1970's.

Todd4State
09-14-2016, 09:52 AM
If he wins 6 this year and next without a win against OM, he'll be gone. You can't lose 4 straight to OM at Miss State and keep your job. This isn't the 1970's.

Actually going back to the 80's you couldn't even lose three in a row. I'm going to have to do research to see if we even had a coach that lost three in a row in the 60's and kept his job because there are some ties thrown in there.

Taog Redloh
09-14-2016, 09:52 AM

If the current JUCOs we have committed do not pan out, we will go 2-10 next year. Won't need to worry about Ole Miss. If I'm Mullen I put all my effort into signing at least one more JUCO OL to be sure, that'll give us 3 on the OL and 3 on the DL.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-14-2016, 10:07 AM
Miami hurricanes are playing AT App State this weekend...it's not just us.
Have you seen the backdrop for App State games? It looks like a post card. And it's a tough place to play. It wouldnt surprise me to see the upset in this one.